tRump and Deepfakes

758 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bearister
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Here is tRump's defense if a wee wee tape ever surfaces:

New technology ... lets anyone make videos of real people appearing to say things they've never said. ... Lawmakers and intelligence officials worry that the bogus videos called deepfakes could be used to threaten national security or interfere in elections," AP's Deb Riechmann reports:

"So far, deepfakes have mostly been used to smear celebrities or as gags, but it's easy to foresee a nation state using them for nefarious activities against the U.S., said Sen. Marco Rubio."
"A foreign intelligence agency could use the technology to produce a fake video of an American politician using a racial epithet or taking a bribe, Rubio says."
"They could use a fake video of a U.S. soldier massacring civilians overseas."
"Imagine a fake video of a U.S. leader or an official from North Korea or Iran warning the United States of an impending disaster."
"Deepfakes are so named because they utilize deep learning, a form of artificial intelligence":

"If you have enough video and audio of someone, you can combine a fake video of the person with a fake audio and get them to say anything you want."
Be smart: "People may dismiss as fake genuine footage, say of a real atrocity." Axios

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Bobodeluxe
Never trust a Mussulman!

chalcidbear
This is one of the scariest things ever. I hope and pray someone comes up with a sure way to verify what's been faked and what hasn't.
bearister
chalcidbear said:

This is one of the scariest things ever. I hope and pray someone comes up with a sure way to verify what's been faked and what hasn't.

Then the verification itself will be called Fake News! Face it, we are F'd.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.