Will Trump Get A Better Deal With North Korea Than The Iranian Deal?

1,761 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by golden sloth
BearNIt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
With the week coming up that includes NATO, further discussions with the North Koreans, a meeting with Putin and tariffs, tariffs, and more tariffs, I have to think that Trump will fail in getting North Korea to give up their nukes and get nothing in the way of inspections from North Korea. Hmmmm, didn't we get both of those things with the Iranian deal and the President didn't have to go to Singapore to do it and take pictures with
bearister
Dumbbell Piece Prize
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Anarchistbear
The Israelis don't care about North Korea.
Another Bear
Trump was never going to do anything with NK besides get a damn photo and legitimize a dictator. Given Israel and Saudi Arabia are in the region, and oil is still king, nothing happens there. Conversely NK was safe to get a photo op...but he ain't doing a damn thing there.

Dotard shot his wad. Nothing was gained.
concordtom
Another Bear said:

Trump was never going to do anything with NK besides get a damn photo and legitimize a dictator.

Wrong. He not only got the photo op, which allows for the possibility of any fake claim of success, but he also diverted press attention from his real scandals for a time.

I bet at least 50% of the nation doesn't know what is going on. They just see a photo of Trump with Kim and when he claims that he stopped NK nuclear testing, they will think, "gotta give him credit for that!"
Another Bear
concordtom said:

Another Bear said:

Trump was never going to do anything with NK besides get a damn photo and legitimize a dictator.

Wrong. He not only got the photo op, which allows for the possibility of any fake claim of success, but he also diverted press attention from his real scandals for a time.

I bet at least 50% of the nation doesn't know what is going on. They just see a photo of Trump with Kim and when he claims that he stopped NK nuclear testing, they will think, "gotta give him credit for that!"
Huh? Wrong? Okay.
concordtom
I'm saying, from his perspective, it's working just fine.
He doesn't care if anything that we might consider success results.
So long as Trump sits in control and has high (ego) ratings, or at least people clamoring about him or for his attention, THAT is winning.

Life is a show, and he wants it focused on him. Success!
oski003
BearNIt said:

With the week coming up that includes NATO, further discussions with the North Koreans, a meeting with Putin and tariffs, tariffs, and more tariffs, I have to think that Trump will fail in getting North Korea to give up their nukes and get nothing in the way of inspections from North Korea. Hmmmm, didn't we get both of those things with the Iranian deal and the President didn't have to go to Singapore to do it and take pictures with

If he succeeds in getting a deal with NK, it will be better than Obama's deal. That's a low bar.
Another Bear
IF...seriously you should hold your breath waiting for the results.
Bobodeluxe
To any Real American, the White Father will always get a better deal than some foreign usurper. MAGAing is second nature some.
golden sloth
Honestly, I don't think anyone on this board would be qualified or knowledgeable enough to be able to evaluate the deal and credibly state it is a 'good deal' or a 'bad deal'. I believe the Iran deal was a good deal, because the intelligence agencies thought it was a good deal, and I must defer to them.
BearNIt
The World Is A Gangster.

-Mike Pompeo-

Now that's Diplomacy. North Korea will now denuclearize. Hmmmmmmm.
bearister
Israel has nukes. Do you realistically think these other countries will ever stop pursuing them? Gaddafi gave up his pursuit of them up and all he got was a poker up his arse.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
golden sloth
They say hindsight is 20 - 20 but the answer to the original question has been obviously yes.

Quote:

SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea's second missile test on Thursday signals it is serious about developing new, short-range weapons that could be used early and effectively in any war with South Korea and the United States, analysts studying images of the latest launches say.

Last week, North Korean leader Kim Jong Un oversaw the first flight of a previously untested weapon - a relatively small, fast missile experts believe will be easier to hide, launch, and maneuver in flight.

Photos released by state media on Friday showed Thursday's test involved the same weapon.

The tests have increased tensions after the last U.S.-North Korea summit collapsed in February in Hanoi with no agreement over Pyongyang's nuclear weapons and ballistic missile program.

South Korean President Moon Jae-in said late on Thursday the launches seemed like a protest over the failed summit, while North Korea has defended the tests as routine and self defensive.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-missiles-capability-analys/missiles-like-these-will-start-the-war-north-korea-tests-showcase-growing-capability-idUSKCN1SG0CR
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.