Official tRump Live from Europe Tour Thread

25,611 Views | 239 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bearister
NYCGOBEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just as Charlottesville turned Trump's dog whistle into a bullhorn and outed him as a racist for all to see, Helsinki is a loud testimony to his traitorous crimes. There can be no doubt now.
B.A. Bearacus
"Former Defense Secretary Ash Carter, not known to utter anything unambiguous: "I never saw or imagined so uneven a handover of American security interests and principles with nothing in return...It was like watching the destruction of a cathedral." (@BryanDBender)
Another Bear
OBear073akaSMFan said:

Has Tucker or especially Hannity commented yet? If they come down on the Moron then we'll know he will be in trouble.

I don't follow Tucker. He's a TV guy like Trump and a total suck up. Hannity is in Trump's pocket. That said, I believe the pressure will be so great, they will change course or lose audience and take a career hit. I believe they will try to avoid this. But other conservatives sources are going after Trump. Certainly some of these were "Never Trump" people but many just sat on their hands. That's what changed. Anyone with any sense who saw the presser knows you don't do what Trump did - diss U.S. intelligence and bow down to the Russkies.

Before this I figured many GOP and conservatives were just sitting on their hands looking the other way, happy to be ignorant. With the Putin presser they can no longer do that. Trump crossed a line, on international TV. I believe the tide has turned, and journalist will be looking for the the "kill shot", what take Trump down.
NYCGOBEARS
Yep, this was Trump's Waterloo. It's the tipping point.
bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

...Some Republicans were able to eke out a statement saying this was a "missed opportunity." Looked that phrase up in Urban Dictionary and apparently it's a euphemism for "sucked off the leader of an adversarial state in public."

In the Urban Dictionary it is right next to the term "Santorum."
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Another Bear
NYCGOBEARS said:

Or it's his Pee Party... Any way...

Trump's top intelligence official just publicly refuted the president on Russia meddling

News anchors on the left and right united in stunning condemnations of Trump's 'ugly,' 'horrible' press conference with Putin

Trump assailed from all sides for deferring to Putin
bearister
https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/1018995255662841859/photo/1
Another Bear
concordtom
Another Bear said:

p.s. I've posted this a few times, the Feds need to offer Manafort witness protection to spill the beans.
If that's truly a fear, then it's his family, far extended, that needs to worry.
This is how the mob gets people. You say yes once and they'll never let you go.

Trump should just hang himself.
concordtom
NYCGOBEARS said:

Sorry, but I've been saying that for 2, no, 30 years!! And yet people voted for him still, so what do I know? Up is down, and right is left.
wifeisafurd
Sebastabear said:

I also fall into the centrist camp (and I generally try to avoid OT issues altogether) but even I logged into BI just to say, this is simply beyond the pall. I watched this "press conference". The bumbling incoherence, the megalomaniacal focus on self over country, the support of a tyrannical thug over our law enforcement and the jaw-dropping statements of moral equivalence between the US and Russia were unlike anything I have ever seen in my life. This man is a traitor to his party and to his country. I have never been more ashamed of American politics.
yea, sorry I meant press conference (not coverage - thank you automatic spellchecker).
concordtom
I predict trump will launch a new reality tv show which will skyrocket in the ratings and prompt his reelection. The show will be a twist on Survivor: a Mexican, a Jew, and a Lion will be tossed into a coliseum floor for fight to the death.
His new Supreme Court will read his contestants' waivers as legit and the show will go on. Rather than be appalled, millions will tune in regularly.

Go figure.
okaydo
okaydo
NYCGOBEARS said:

I bet this makes no differnece.
okaydo
Great analysis from The New Yorker's TV critic....

bearister
"President Trump sucking up to Vladamir Putin after the summit in Helsinki yesterday was such an unbelievable, indelible moment that many deflated White House officials didn't even bother to defend or explain it:

A former senior White House official, who worked closely with Trump, immediately texted Swan: "Need a shower."
One of Trump's own former National Security Council officials texted: "Dude. This is a total [effing] disgrace. The President has lost his mind."
CBS "Face the Nation" anchor Margaret Brennan, who was in the audience, told AP she was messaging some U.S. officials during the speech who said they were turning off the television." Axios
golden sloth
The press conference has dominated the news cycle, but does anyone know what Trump and Putin actually were discussing? I mean it is probably about adoptions, but it could be about how Syria, trade, North Korea, or how to interfere in the 2018 elections, how to attack Nato, and how to silence dissenting voices.
Anarchistbear
okaydo said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

Defending Nazis worked. Why wouldn't defending Putin? This is just the cliffhanger on Season 2.
Unit2Sucks
okaydo said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

Yup. Sorry to everyone else, but if you think this will make a difference it's just wishful thinking. In a day or two Trump will say something racist to energize his base and people will forget about Putin again.
Sebastabear
wifeisafurd said:

Sebastabear said:

I also fall into the centrist camp (and I generally try to avoid OT issues altogether) but even I logged into BI just to say, this is simply beyond the pall. I watched this "press conference". The bumbling incoherence, the megalomaniacal focus on self over country, the support of a tyrannical thug over our law enforcement and the jaw-dropping statements of moral equivalence between the US and Russia were unlike anything I have ever seen in my life. This man is a traitor to his party and to his country. I have never been more ashamed of American politics.
yea, sorry I meant press conference (not coverage - thank you automatic spellchecker).
That's funny. I actually assumed you meant press coverage since that also seemed to hit an all time low (or high, depending on how you look at it) yesterday. I just put "press conference" in quotes since I don't know what that thing was yesterday, but it certainly was unlike any "press conference" between two state leaders I've ever seen; much less the leader of the world's oldest continuous democracy and the man determined to end democracy as we know it. I think it was more like a puppet show or a live broadcast of blackmail - take your pick.
Another Bear
I think it makes a difference...but we might not see immediate results. The one result is there's widespread, non-partisan agreement Russia meddled in the '16 election. The GOP can no longer deny it happened. It's pretty damn apparent. What they do or if they drag their feet is another story but they can't deny Russia meddled. Not after what Trump said on international TV about Russian meddling:

"So I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today."

This from a sitting POTUS. This from a guy who berated and belittled major trade and NATO allies two days before. Suddenly he's giving Putin a blowjob on TV? Trump is in Putin's pocket. Did you guys actually watch the news conference? It was beyond crazy and insane. It was like a bad spy comedy movie gone real. It was like they gave Trump a mind control drug or had his brain chipped. The thing is, Trump is such a bad actor the whole thing looked staged, crudely I might add...like Soviet era pupppets.

My guess is the media takes a rest, then ramps things up. You simply can not say that as POTUS.

Also Manafort's July trial was postponed. There's speculation he's going to flip. It's also not a coincidence they arrested the Russian spy, and NRA-GOP infiltator, Maria Butina, yesterday.

OneKeg
Unit2Sucks said:

okaydo said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

Yup. Sorry to everyone else, but if you think this will make a difference it's just wishful thinking. In a day or two Trump will say something racist to energize his base and people will forget about Putin again.
Pretty much agree. It's not that it will make no difference. But the difference will be drowned out in the unending wall of disgusting noise created by the Trump presidency. It's just Lucy holding the football again for Charlie Brown.

Some Republicans will voice their disagreement/disappointment as they've done. A few like McCain will voice outrage. That's all necessary so their supporters can point to those noble statements of dissent later. But they will take no action to deter Trump. Because they are afraid of being defeated in a Republican primary by his captured base of voters. He owns them just like Putin owns him.

Only way to stop it is to vote him out and to hope that the vote margins are large enough to overcome... well you know.
Anarchistbear
Trump has two enemies- the administrative state and the media. Working both into hysteria is his mo.
okaydo
It makes no difference because Trump gets his way, or gets away with it. Almost always.

He won't be stopped until he's actually stopped. But he's able to steamroll his way through breaking norms, doing shocking things. It's impressive, really.

As many have pointed out, all it takes is one Republican senator to effectively counter Trump. Just one (since John McCain is sidelined). And no Republican is willing to do that, not even Jeff Flake.

Republicans agreed Russians colluded in the months before Trump was sworn in. And yet, it makes no difference.

Because Trump gets his way. Even if he doesn't.
Another Bear
The political landscape for Trump has changed. The American intel community will do everything to right the ship and save their own butts. Some will even take the treason charges seriously. Here's what I think happens going forward.

• Trump continues to fight/deny collusion, continues to attack the media, his enemies.
  • Manafort agrees to a plea deal. Maybe Stone gets caught.
  • Mueller indicts Americans who were in collusion with the Russians indicted.
  • The Russian collusion tilts the election. Dems take the house. Gain a seat in the senate for a 50/50 tie.
  • The pressure on Trump builts and either the Pee Tape (compromising info) lands, or Trump's incompetence fails him. He does something really stupid, stupider than the presser yesterday.
B.A. Bearacus
Trump: "In a key sentence in my remarks, I said the word would instead of wouldn't. The sentence should have been...'I don't see any reason why it WOULDN'T be Russia.' Sort of a double negative. So you can put that in, and I think that probably clarifies things."

Preet Bharara: "This kind of obvious BS embarrassing retraction on cross-examination at a trial would send the jury into dizzying laughter and result in a quick conviction. Trump will never ever speak to Mueller's team."
B.A. Bearacus
Trump: "I accept our intelligence community's conclusion that Russia's meddling in the 2016 election took place. Could be other people also. A lot of people out there."

Trump: "Once again, full faith and support for America's intelligence agencies. I have a faith full faith in our intelligence agencies...I have full faith and support for America's great intelligence agencies, always have."

Daniel Dale: "Remember the Charlottesville saga: Trump expressed his true views, there was an outcry, he dutifully read a staff-written walk-back statement, then soon after he abandoned the walk-back and even more forcefully expressed his true views."
B.A. Bearacus

(@christinawilkie): "Oh my. The only line Trump crossed out of his talking points appears to say, 'Anyone involved in that meddling to justice.' So it seems Trump did not want to say that those involved in the meddling would be brought to justice."
Another Bear
MAGA!!! Except you know..when Dotard grovels, sucks off Putin in public and makes Russia first. The Trump admin and the Putin regime are already scrubbing the record. Too bad it's on video tape.

The White House Transcript Is Missing the Most Explosive Part of the TrumpPutin Press Conference
Quote:

It was perhaps the most explosive exchange in an incendiary press conference. Russian President Vladimir Putin appearing to frankly admit to a motive for, and maybe even to the act of, meddling in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, despite repeatedly denying Russian interference in American politics during the rest of his appearance with Donald Trump in Finland on Monday.

But the exchange doesn't appear in full in the White House's live-stream or transcript of the press conference, and it's missing entirely from the Kremlin's transcript of the event. The White House did not immediately provide an explanation for the discrepancy.
sycasey
Total clown show.

bearister
B.A. Bearacus
George Will on Trump:

"This sad, embarrassing wreck of a man."

"America's child president had a play date with a KGB alumnus, who surely enjoyed providing day care."

"We shall learn from Robert S. Mueller III's investigation whether in 2016 there was collusion with Russia by members of the Trump campaign. The world, however, saw in Helsinki something more grave ongoing collusion between Trump, now in power, and Russia."

Will is trending towards an opinion piece titled "This Mofo Gots To Go."

okaydo

wifeisafurd
Sebastabear said:

wifeisafurd said:

Sebastabear said:

That's funny. I actually assumed you meant press coverage since that also seemed to hit an all time low (or high, depending on how you look at it) yesterday. I just put "press conference" in quotes since I don't know what that thing was yesterday, but it certainly was unlike any "press conference" between two state leaders I've ever seen; much less the leader of the world's oldest continuous democracy and the man determined to end democracy as we know it. I think it was more like a puppet show or a live broadcast of blackmail - take your pick.
My thinking was probably the latter. You don't say out loud my National Security Advisor said this and I don't agree with him unless Putin has pictures.
B.A. Bearacus

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.