What I'm watching now:

1,820 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by concordtom
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
concordtom
This is why I argued against impeachment over the last year. A disgraced Donald may worse than a dethroned Donald.

Nixon was a patriot.

The difference between Donald Trump and Richard Nixon is real simple.

He's a crook, and he's paranoid, and he made lots of bad decisions, and he deserved to be pushed out of office. But at the end of the day he did the patriotic thing. He resigned as President.

If Donald trump is pushed out of office, I'll tell you what he's gonna do. He will travel the country for the rest of his life doing on a bigger scale what he did in the campaign. "Beat that person up. I'll pay your legal bills."

He's trying to get votes and he'll say this? Now I imagine he's out of office what he'll say.
He will foment violence and revolution.

And I have written for 50 years now about people who literally believe now, I've been to their conventions, that the government of the United States is a criminal organization, needs to be overthrown. There are books they write about it, they have meetings, they are a fringe group, but Donald, (click, click), he'll be right in there with them.

You have the power to do something. The first thing you have to do is get informed.

concordtom
Above guy said Nixon had an approval rating of 29% on the day he resigned.
Not one of them were in Congress, but 29% of the population.

My aunt was friends growing up with Nixon's niece and our family went to her wedding and so we have photos of the President who was there. I wonder if we were part of the 29% when he resigned.
There was a large framed and signed photo of the President when I was a kid in the closet (late 1970's). Not on the wall. (Someone stole it, for suddenly one year it wasn't there.)

I'll scan and post the candid photos if someone tells me how to post on Bi with our "new" format.
golden sloth
The problem is not just Donald Trump though. I believe there is a three-part issue right now.

Part 1 - Donald Trump and his valuing loyalty and protection to the Trump family over service to the country and an ideal of a common good.

Part 2 - The base who choose to believes his lies and choose to live in his fantasy world. I believe this is a conscience decision on their part, and they would rather live the lie than acknowledge the truth. From this base and this alternate reality, Trump gets his power.

Part 3 - Establishment conservatives who I believe genuinely do not like Trump and think he is wrong on many issues and policies, but have quietly consented to his reign and agreed to be loyal so long as they get their tax breaks, regulation rollbacks, and military spending.

I think establishment conservatives will be the first to bail on Trump because I do believe they are logical and know there is a lot BS going on. Hopefully, with the loss of the establishment conservatives, the Trumpian base goes from 40% to 30%. Unfortunately, I don't think that 30% goes quietly. As for Trump, he won't shut up and won't relent. He will only be silenced when he dies, and there will be conspiracy theories galore when he does, regardless of the circumstance.
GoOskie
Step 1: find and publicize evidence of treason.
Step 2: convict him of treason.
Step 3: give him punishment that is due to those who are treasonous.
Step 4: national crackdown on Trumpets (think COINTELPRO)
Step 5: I wake up from such a wonderful dream.
concordtom
First 10 mins of this shows how the felony rolls up to Trump.

blungld
concordtom said:

That was a great view. Well worth the hour. Insightful and fair (plus I think I have a crush on her--smart woman with glasses). Thanks.
blungld
concordtom said:

First 10 mins of this shows how the felony rolls up to Trump.

What was this? Got a new link?
concordtom
Oh, sorry.
It was a MSNBC link. The guy basically connected the dots to
This was this, and
That was that,
About 7-8 different times,
And it ended with Trump holding a felony in his lap.
I've been watching a lot of news, and this was eye opening.
Made it more clear.
concordtom
Wow.
Great film!

Very good to watch today, given current events.

mikecohen
GoOskie said:

Step 1: find and publicize evidence of treason.
Step 2: convict him of treason.
Step 3: give him punishment that is due to those who are treasonous.
Step 4: national crackdown on Trumpets (think COINTELPRO)
Step 5: I wake up from such a wonderful dream.
Hopefully everyone will be able to remember that, from a criminal law point of view, there is no such thing as treason consisting of helping an other which is not a declared enemy in an actual war, actually declared by Congress.
bearister
"He will foment violence and revolution."

Also known as target practice for the National Guard.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
concordtom
If you have Netflix, scroll to a Netflix show called Dirty Money.
Episodes include:
- Volkswagen mpg scandal
- HSBC banking with drug cartels
- Maple Sugar Heist

But I really enjoyed the one on Trump. They had Adam Davidson of the New Yorker explain his licensing deals with shady people in shady countries, as well as many of scams of his character and image. Why didn't the Clintons have someone unveil the truth and assassinate his character before the election. That was dumb.

Here's a brief clip, that doesn't do it justice.particularly the last 20 minutes or so.

concordtom

Remember when this guy tried to intelligently explain the trump movement?
I think it's more like this:

?resize=470%2C252&ssl=1

There's a sucker born every minute. Or two.
Trump proved it!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.