Behavior I have an Irrational Hatred Of

1,280 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bearister
golden sloth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The following is a list of behaviors or actions I have an irrational hatred of. Prior to the list, let me say, I know in several of these cases I have no right to get angry, and I never actually express this anger because I am in the wrong for getting angry. Also, in real life I'm a pretty mellow guy.

1. When you are in line for food, and the menu is readily apparent to everyone in line, and everyone has been in line for a good 5 - 10 minutes, yet the person still does not have their order ready when they get to the cashier. I have no idea what they've been doing for those 5 - 10 minutes, and they are clearly aware that people are waiting behind them, yet they still only START to review the menu when they get to the cashier. F*** these people.

2. When you are in line for food, and there has been a bit of a wait, then you overhear the person by themselves in front of you place several orders. I know they are ordering for their family or friends, and they've patiently waited their turn, hence my frustration is illegitimate. But I can't help getting angry if you are ready to eat, and the person if you suddenly requests 5 burritos instead of the 1 you were expecting. That whole delaying of gratification thing is irritating.

3. People that schedule 12:00 pm lunch meetings, particularly when they don't provide lunch. I don't believe in eating lunch at my desk. I believe it is bad practice and I encourage everyone to never do that. The midday break is important in keeping someone motivated, focused, and sharp for the entire work day, resulting in greater productivity and quality, and changing the physical space you are in is vital to achieving that break. Therefore, if someone schedules a meeting at the time most people take their lunch it is inconvenient and rude, as you negate them the opportunity to take that break. Then to schedule a meeting at this time, and then NOT provide lunch is both rude and inconsiderate. My hatred of this is irrational, as it is simple enough to move my break forward or back.

4. Other drivers. All of them.
bearister
I hate to be a grumpy old man, but the refinement, manners, decorum and courtesy that was part of Western Civilization is all but dead and buried.

1. At my upscale gym people leave the shaving sinks a mess; they leave used towels on the floors, chairs and tables; if they are dressing or undressing at their lockers and you are using the locker next to them they will not reposition their bodies or locker doors so two or three people can use the same area with them;
2. People slam doors and elevators in your face; if there is a mixed group of men and women at an elevator bank and I let women get on before me, some of the men with them try to get on before me (at which point I box them out like I'm rebounding); and when I hold a door open for someone and let them pass in before I do they often don't say thank you;
3. The person in car number one in a left hand turn inlet doesn't proceed on the green arrow because they are texting; and people continually lane drift on the freeway because they are texting (this will get more dangerous as the elevated lane reflectors are not replaced);
4. A large portion of the driving population is clueless with regard to the fact you can turn right against a red light;
5. People that drive through a crosswalk when there is a pedestrian in it.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
concordtom
Lol
All of it.
concordtom
To both you guys, and all 9 of your examples of irks,
Try moving to a less populated area.
I now live in Placer County and it's done wonders for me.
It's hotter than F, but I swapped my rancher for a mansion on 5 acres.
I have deer in my yard daily. I pass cattle, llamas, goats, and see the neighbors horses every time I leave the house.

I grew sick of Bart and freeway and Treat Blvd traffic, and I traded it in.

I'm in easy enough drivable shot of family for events, but away from all the BS, and admittedly the high paying jobs AND the lovable bay fog, but it's been a decent trade. Good for raising kids.
sycasey
golden sloth said:

1. When you are in line for food, and the menu is readily apparent to everyone in line, and everyone has been in line for a good 5 - 10 minutes, yet the person still does not have their order ready when they get to the cashier. I have no idea what they've been doing for those 5 - 10 minutes, and they are clearly aware that people are waiting behind them, yet they still only START to review the menu when they get to the cashier. F*** these people.
okaydo
Here was my pet peeve when I would bike in the East Bay.

As I'd head toward a four-way Stop sign a car would stop while I was a quarter of a block or half a block away.

Then I would stop.

We'd wait.

Nobody's moving.

There is a stalemate.

Then the driver would waive for me to go through. And I'd go through.

Sometimes I'd just ignore the driver, however, just to prolong the "stalemate."

If they had just followed the rules -- first car/bike to the intersection passes through -- we'd all be through the intersection a long time ago.
concordtom
Okaydo,
If I can, I always try to let bicycles to pass without stopping their momentum.
I used to bike in college to classes and hate it when cars make me stop.
dajo9
Bicyclists on the road are my pet peeve. I know the law says your just another vehicle, but you're not.
American Vermin
bearister
dajo9 said:

Bicyclists on the road are my pet peeve. I know the law says your just another vehicle, but you're not.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.