OT? The Great Blaze Foley biopic

1,143 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by prospeCt
prospeCt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.nashvillescene.com/arts-culture/film/article/21019893/talking-to-ethan-hawke-about-his-tender-tribute-to-blaze-foley

Anarchistbear
Yogi58
I can't wait.

Hopefully I won't have to drive too far to find a theater showing it.
Yogi58
Today, I sojourned to Berkeley for two things - to finally try out the refurbished Intermezzo and to see the Blaze Foley picture. Sadly, both were disappointments.

Although they still use the right bread, the salad just wasn't like it used to be. Too many bitter tasting leaves of whatever and the salad dressing was barely noticeable. At least the half-sandwich was good, but Intermezzo with disappointing sald is not Intermezzo.

As for the picture, it needed a better script. To be honest, there just may not be an interesting story there if we're going for a non-fictional account of his life. The film jumped back and forth constantly, the DJ interview was honestly filler and didn't shed light on any of the rest of the movie, and there was just no reason to care about the main character. The film didn't make you identify with him or feel strongly about him in any way. He just came off as a drunken mess and maybe that's the truth of the matter, but it doesn't make for an interesting film.
bearister
Ethan must have a thing about musician biographies. This one is about one of my favorites:

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
prospeCt

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.