I took a hurricane to get Trump from not dominating the news

2,916 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Anarchistbear
wifeisafurd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thank you Florence and for our fellow Bears in the storm path, stay safe
Another Bear
Too early to tell but Florence might be Trump's Katrina. If it hits land in the Carolinas and it's bad and the Trump admin isn't ready, I think it might the thing to sink Trump, or push him over the edge. Right now he's polling very weak in the 30% range. The South is his base and if Florence turns out to be as bad as katrina or Maria...they will turn on him. Now it's up to the weather. Despite wanting Trump gone, I hope that storm isn't as bad as predicted. If is as bad as predicted, we'll see what happens.

p.s. Why worry? There's the little fact that the Trump admin diverted $10mil from FEMA to fund ICE.
calbearinamaze
calbearinamaze
As per his, excuse the expression, state-of-mind, we now know he
pushed himself right near the top of news because of another hurricane, Maria:

Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump 9h9 hours ago
3000 people did not die in the two hurricanes that hit Puerto Rico. When I left the Island, AFTER the storm had hit, they had anywhere from 6 to 18 deaths. As time went by it did not go up by much. Then, a long time later, they started to report really large numbers, like 3000...

Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump 9h9 hours ago
.....This was done by the Democrats in order to make me look as bad as possible when I was successfully raising Billions of Dollars to help rebuild Puerto Rico. If a person died for any reason, like old age, just add them onto the list. Bad politics. I love Puerto Rico!

He's not concentrating on Florence, he finds time to b***h about how it's done
to "make me look as bad as possible"

I fear the chances FEMA (even though there are some really good people there)
doesn't screw this up are VERY low. That would bebad for everyone....including The Donald.

bearister
Those hurricane force winds are mighty mighty.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
concordtom
wifeisafurd said:

It took a hurricane to get Trump from not dominating the news. Thank you Florence and for our fellow Bears in the storm path, stay safe

Wife, you disappoint me.
Here I thought you were re-evaluating your political stance, yet in another thread you said if you could vote over again in 2016 knowing that trump would be elected if you did anything other than vote for Hillary (meaning Trump, Stein, abstain) and you said abstain, and here you are glad to have hurricane news so as to ignore the Trump Trainwreak.
That's sad.

We need to understand how vile he is and need to resist conforming to his evil ways.

Do not become complacent in your wealth.
wifeisafurd
concordtom said:

wifeisafurd said:

It took a hurricane to get Trump from not dominating the news. Thank you Florence and for our fellow Bears in the storm path, stay safe

Wife, you disappoint me.
Here I thought you were re-evaluating your political stance, yet in another thread you said if you could vote over again in 2016 knowing that trump would be elected if you did anything other than vote for Hillary (meaning Trump, Stein, abstain) and you said abstain, and here you are glad to have hurricane news so as to ignore the Trump Trainwreak.
That's sad.

We need to understand how vile he is and need to resist conforming to his evil ways.

I'm just tired of Trump dominating the news. It has gotten to the point where I only watch the news working out because the TV's at the gym are left on to news stations. I used to listen to a local NPR stations -no more, its all Trump 24/7. Even the movie reviews have taken on all Trump format. And you know what, Trump even managed to hijack the news on the storm. I'm going into a shell (like Cal football with a lead) and not coming out until Trump leaves.
Another Bear
If you're tried of Trump dominating the news, well fasten your seatbelt because it's NOT going away. The corruption of Trump and the GOP is massive, makes Watergate look like jaywalking. But wait there's more...

If Mueller cracks open the Russia element of Trump, you will hear about it for a long, long, long time because then the U.S. will have to pursue reform on many levels...and it will take time.

In an even larger context, what is going on with Trump is HISTORY, unprecedented history in the making. As a U.S. citizen who takes democracy seriously, I say stand up and witness the whole freakin' mess. Yeah, it's a fccking train wreck and painful but looking away isn't an option in my book.

For one, I want to see if American democracy can recover. If the midterms address Trump, or gives critical checks and balances to his admin and outright corruption (and incompetence), or does America fold to Putin and authoritarianism and right wing idiocracy? Is impeachment real?

It is tiring watching the whole Trump shttshow but looking away isn't an option because that means complicity. That's exactly part of what they're banking on...look at your phone, ignore reality.

p.s. this just in, Haley Barber billed the U.S. $50k+ for curtains, yes drapery...***!!!. The adds her to the list of Trump administration grifters and cheat...Pruitt, Ross and all the other crooks.
wifeisafurd
Another Bear said:

If you're tried of Trump dominating the news, well fasten your seatbelt because it's NOT going away. The corruption of Trump and the GOP is massive, makes Watergate look like jaywalking. But wait there's more...

If Mueller cracks open the Russia element of Trump, you will hear about it for a long, long, long time because then the U.S. will have to pursue reform on many levels...and it will take time.

In an even larger context, what is going on with Trump is HISTORY, unprecedented history in the making. As a U.S. citizen who takes democracy seriously, I say stand up and witness the whole freakin' mess. Yeah, it's a fccking train wreck and painful but looking away isn't an option in my book.

For one, I want to see if American democracy can recover. If the midterms address Trump, or gives critical checks and balances to his admin and outright corruption (and incompetence), or does America fold to Putin and authoritarianism and right wing idiocracy? Is impeachment real?

It is tiring watching the whole Trump shttshow but looking away isn't an option because that means complicity. That's exactly part of what they're banking on...look at your phone, ignore reality.

p.s. this just in, Haley Barber billed the U.S. $50k+ for curtains, yes drapery...***!!!. The adds her to the list of Trump administration grifters and cheat...Pruitt, Ross and all the other crooks.
Nikki Haley?
Another Bear
Yes, my mistake. After awhile the corruptions and names mesh.
OBear073akaSMFan
said:

Thank you Florence and for our fellow Bears in the storm path, stay safe
Yes stay safe but he is still in the limelight with his comments

dajo9
The media is telling me that hurricanes are windy and rainy

Shocker. #Whocouldhaveknown
American Vermin
Another Bear
re: Trump, as a 12 y.o. would say in the 70s, "boy he's really retrrded".
sycasey
Even this thread about Trump not dominating the news is dominated by Trump.
B.A. Bearacus
golden sloth
Reminds me of this classic reporting:

calbearinamaze
Here's something that is just starting get some news-play:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/09/13/politico-fema-brock-long-ig-investigation/1288019002/

IG investigations tend to be fairly legit. So if Long HAS to go, how does the Trump handle it
in light of a possible poor performance (I don't know, but it looks like this a huge job.....it's tough
to see people losing everything....but heartening to see so many volunteers,police fireman etc.
helping out) re Florence?

My best shot right now goes something like,

"FEMA did a fantastic job...which was mainly due to me. Unfortunately, Democrat Brock Long was not up to the task."

Any other ideas. ????
concordtom
wifeisafurd said:

concordtom said:

wifeisafurd said:

Wife, you disappoint me.
That's sad.

I'm just tired of Trump dominating the news. It has gotten to the point where I only watch the news working out because the TV's at the gym are left on to news stations. I used to listen to a local NPR stations -no more, its all Trump 24/7. Even the movie reviews have taken on all Trump format. And you know what, Trump even managed to hijack the news on the storm. I'm going into a shell (like Cal football with a lead) and not coming out until Trump leaves.
Fair enough.
But you HAVE to do your part to get him out.
Even if that means voting for Dems who will boot him.
His style of leadership needs a MASSIVE kick to the curb.
Seriously.
I don't care if GOP policies win out. I'm in total hatred of him for who he is. That type of personality must be rebuked. We are better than this!
Culture.
concordtom
dajo9 said:

The media is telling me that hurricanes are windy and rainy

Shocker. #Whocouldhaveknown
Not only is he a total assss. But he's an idiot, too. A real live "f---ing idiot". I think that's a direct quote from within the White House!
concordtom
B.A. Bearacus said:

Lol !
Anarchistbear
concordtom said:

wifeisafurd said:

concordtom said:

wifeisafurd said:

Wife, you disappoint me.
That's sad.

Fair enough.
But you HAVE to do your part to get him out.
Even if that means voting for Dems who will boot him.
His style of leadership needs a MASSIVE kick to the curb.
Seriously.
I don't care if GOP policies win out. I'm in total hatred of him for who he is. That type of personality must be rebuked. We are better than this!
Culture.

F$ck you. Trump is GOP politics. Worry about them not him. A choir boy ******* like Brett Kavanaugh is ten times worse than Trump.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.