Republicans who have bailed on the party.

691 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Another Bear
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I just watched two speakers at the Commonwealth Club. They don't dance around the issues. The GOP has lost their marbles, they are out, and explain why in straight, honest and personal terms.
concordtom
concordtom
concordtom
And I have to add this piece, which upsets me. Dude just lies and lies and lies, and in the process manipulates and deceived all Americans. Why I'm out, too.

bearister
Speaking of former Republicans, I posted this last month:

"Under Trump the party has become corrupt, indecent, and immoral. With the exception of a select few, the GOP is filled with feckless cowards who disgrace and dishonor the legacies of the party's greatest leaders.

We're seeing at this moment a president of the United States do five things. He is using mass rallies that are fueled by constant lying to incite fervor and devotion in his political base. The second thing we see him do is to affix blame for every problem in the world. Many of them are complex, not so different from the issues faced at the end of Agrarian age and the beginning of the Industrial Revolution. We see him attack minority populations with words like "invade" and "infest." The third thing he does is a create a shared sense of victimization caused by the scapegoated populations. This is the high act of Trumpism: From Trump to Sean Hannity to Laura Ingraham, everyone is a victim. The fourth thing he does is he alleges conspiracy by nefarious and unseen hidden forces the "deep state." And the fifth thing is the assertion that "I am the law, that I am above it." He just said immigrants don't get a hearing; they don't get a court representation.

What you've seen is this rapid devolution over the last 18 months of the Republican Party becoming a white ethno-nationalist party, a blood-and-soil party that is protectionist, isolationist, that is rooted in resentment and grievance.

If the party of Lincoln and Eisenhower and Teddy Roosevelt and Reagan is to be redeemed and resurrected, then the party of Trump must be obliterated. Annihilated. Destroyed. And all of the collaborators, the complicit enablers, the school of cowards, need to go down. Maybe something can regenerate from that." Steve Schmidt
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Another Bear
James Clapper is calling Trump a recruiter for terrorists.

Former spy chiefs see a disturbing parallel between Trump and ISIS: 'We have four years to stop him'
Quote:

In the wake of the mail bomb arrest and the Pittsburgh synagogue shootings, James Clapper and Michael Hayden are likening President Trump's political rhetoric to radicalization tactics used by terrorists.

Clapper, former director of the National Security Agency, and addressee of one of the bombs mailed to CNN, told a Virginia audience on Wednesday, "It's not unlike what we experienced with ISIS where you have a group using social media to recruit and radicalize their supporters."

While former CIA director John Brennan has attacked Trump's character,. Clapper and Hayden have tried to restrict themselves to issues of policy. No more. The president is acting like a recruiter for a terrorist organization, and a few among his supporters are acting like terrorists, the former spy chiefs say.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.