The Next Two Years; Meaner, Nastier, and More Vicious Attacks on the Truth by the WH

1,402 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bearister
sp4149
How long do you want to ignore this user?

The first two days of the next two years started with the POTUS (Prevaricator of the US) attacking reporters who asked questions not approved of by the FEAUX NEWS Network of POTUS advisors.

Then the POTUS fired the AG by forcing him to resign with the figurative 'gun to his head'. Obviously POTUS prefers the NY Mob Management style. Being a West Coast native my only exposure to NY Mob management practices was having to work with the Oakland Raider flunkies of Al Davis.

And then today the WH Press secretary banned CNN reporter Jim Acosta for sexually assaulting a WH intern yesterday when the intern tried to wrestle away the reporter's microphone when he was asking a question while POTUS was verbally attacking him. I've viewed the incident several times and the only unprofessional conduct was by the intern and Grump. I thought Jim Acosta maintained his composure during attack by the Enfant Terrible and his minions.

I haven't heard POTUS comment yet on the Thousand Oaks Bar & Grill mass shooting. But it's only noon and he may need more time to make that story about him
golden sloth
As much as I hate this, I think we need to mentally prepare ourselves for conservatives accusing any male opposing them of sexual assault. It serves two purposes:

1. Undermining opposition voices.
2. Undermining the #MeToo movement, which is desparately needed, by flooding the world with fake allegations.

As evidence, the shoddily put together attempted attack on Robert Mueller and this instance by Jim Acosta. If I were in a position of power, I would make getting Acosta his credentials back a line in the sand. If it is allowed once, it will be allowed again and again until it becomes commonplace.
Another Bear
This is how fascist subvert things, like #metoo, they weaponize it. To them it's not about justice, democracy or change but instead a new tool to hammer others into submission. This goes hand in hand with revoking press credentials.

The U.S. is now run by a fascist regime.
BGolden
sp4149 said:

I've viewed the incident several times and the only unprofessional conduct was by the intern
Man, I've got to call big time BS on that. The President had already called on another reporter. She's just an intern and her task was to move the microphone quickly to the next person. Acosta disrespected her and embarrassed her in front of a room full of people. She looked flustered. Acosta got what he deserved.
concordtom
BGolden said:

sp4149 said:

I've viewed the incident several times and the only unprofessional conduct was by the intern
Man, I've got to call big time BS on that. The President had already called on another reporter. She's just an intern and her task was to move the microphone quickly to the next person. Acosta disrespected her and embarrassed her in front of a room full of people. She looked flustered. Acosta got what he deserved.
And I'll call BS on you.
Trump and Acosta are engaged in a hate-hate relationship. I agree that CNN should find another assignment for him, but to suggest that Acosta disrespected her by refusing to hand over the mic when she tried to rip is out of his hands is BS.

Rather than engaging in the back and forth disrespect with reporters, trump should just step away and quit engaging in the disrespectful dialogue. He is a pig and is getting back a very small fraction of what he asks for. His behavior yesterday was deplorable. Sickening.
concordtom
sp4149 said:

The first two days of the next two years started with the POTUS (Prevaricator of the US) attacking reporters who asked questions not approved of by the FEAUX NEWS Network of POTUS advisors.

Then the POTUS fired the AG by forcing him to resign with the figurative 'gun to his head'. Obviously POTUS prefers the NY Mob Management style. Being a West Coast native my only exposure to NY Mob management practices was having to work with the Oakland Raider flunkies of Al Davis.

And then today the WH Press secretary banned CNN reporter Jim Acosta for sexually assaulting a WH intern yesterday when the intern tried to wrestle away the reporter's microphone when he was asking a question while POTUS was verbally attacking him. I've viewed the incident several times and the only unprofessional conduct was by the intern and Grump. I thought Jim Acosta maintained his composure during attack by the Enfant Terrible and his minions.

I haven't heard POTUS comment yet on the Thousand Oaks Bar & Grill mass shooting. But it's only noon and he may need more time to make that story about him
Do you mean "Provaocateur"?

Acosta was not accused of sexual assault. Sarah Sanders said he placed his hands on her. Not true. He moved his arm forward about 5 inches as a reactive attempt to block her from ripping the mic from him. If anyone "placed hands upon" it was her. She was placed in a bad role, looked to Trump like a daddy, "what should I do, he won't give it to me." I feel sorry for her. Young women should not have to deal with a pig who can't manage his own press conferences. By the way.... she was attractive - and that fits for him. P I G !!!!!!

It's now 5:30 on the east coast. I still haven't heard any WH comment. He doesn't care. No seriously. He. Doesn't. Care.
golden sloth
First, I do agree the intern is being placed in a bad spot, and I feel bad for her. I don't think anything she did was egregious or bad in anyway.

Second, Acosta had a right to continue questioning Trump. Trump did not answer the question and was spinning, a journalist is allowed to ask a follow-up question if the answer they got was BS, and Trump was the one that was rudely moving on. Acosta's actions towards the intern do not deserve either praise or condemnation.

Third, and most importantly, stay focused on the real issue instead of the 'what really happened issue'. The real issue is that this event IS NOT grounds for removing Acosta's access. This is suppression of a free press by removing someone's press pass that was asking challenging questions the president did not want to answer.
Another Bear
Here's my basis position on that presser: I don't want the POTUS to be an crackpot asswhole, and yet he proves every day he is in fact exactly that. He's such an a-hole, he had WH staff doctor a tape. What kind of utter and stupid BS is that?

Any way, get use to this because now REAL pressure is coming, from Congress, from Mueller and likely from Don Jr. being indicted.

The new house committee chairs will have Adam Schiff replacing Nunes (who did everything to bury things), Maxine Waters on Finance Committee (who has the power to subpoena Trump tax records) and Elijah Cummings as Oversight Chair. The comments from the Dems is the investigation will be SURGICAL. I believe they're taking a page from Mueller...dismantle Trump piece by painful full piece and leave nothing unturned.

Collectively I think there's enough to drive Trump stark raving insane. He's more than half there already. He just needs a push...and this will be plenty.

concordtom
I agree on all 3 points, sloth.
I would only add that the intern did try to yank the mic and that was wrong.
She handled it well enough, though. That is such minor BS.
concordtom
Another spot on post!
Another Bear
BearChemist
Not sure it was the WH staff doctored the C-Span video feed, but rather Sanders retweeted an... wait for it... Inforwar contributor (I.e. known turd). Doesn't make WH look better either way.
Anarchistbear
Good riddance to Jeff Sessions a truly horrible person

Acosta being thrown out is good for ratings. Trump is saving our moribund media.
bearister

In a show of unity for a Free Press, the world correspondent corps should delegate all of their questions to Jim Acosta:

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.