Pelosi

2,352 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by concordtom
B.A. Bearacus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Doubted her. Amazed by her now.

Her acceptance, live:

golden sloth
I'll be honest, I think she has a difficult job ahead of her. It will be difficult to manage and create alliances between the Progressive wing and the Moderate D's, as well as setting the table for a big 2020 election cycle.
concordtom
BA,
What did you doubt before?
What are you amazed about now?
What changed?

I just walked in and saw that she is speaker again....
concordtom
golden sloth said:

I'll be honest, I think she has a difficult job ahead of her. It will be difficult to manage and create alliances between the Progressive wing and the Moderate D's, as well as setting the table for a big 2020 election cycle.
If the progressives are stupid enough to shoot their wad now, at a time when the #1 mission is to rid the presidency and the senate of republicans, then they are just as stupid as trumpists.
They need to hold their fire for two more years, then go for it.

I'm no progressive, but recognize that they run the risk is splintering the Dems and allowing life to remain in the GOP, which needs to be finished off, and good!

dajo9
I think Pelosi is great and is just who we need as Speaker right now. I think the threat from the left is overblown media hype. They know the stakes. They will push but they will not divide. It's the centrists that run the risk of messing things up. A centrist can attack the party and always receive media praise, therefore it's a painless thing for them to do.
American Vermin
Another Bear
After Nancy OWNED Trump in the WH meeting, I knew she was up to the task. Look she called it the TRUMP SHUTDOWN to Trump's face and she barely raised her voice...and he bit hard.

No it won't be easy but she really has the skill set...which is mostly "being mom" (her own words), wangling the stray cats to line up and vote. Not a sexy skill set but that's how you run a diverse set of people with different agendas in a legislative body. Have to know how to wangle and count votes.

Pelosi is also applying direct pressure but without hyperbole (like Trump). She said today that both impeachment and indicting a sitting POTUS are on the table. But here's why I think she wins out here and kicks Trump in the flanks and maybe in his manhood...Nancy Pelosi is both a skilled operator and she's smart, savvy, seasoned...all things Trump is not. She also has some leverage.

My take is the progressive wing is putting pressure on because they see some light..and they should push for what they believe. However I think compromise will be found by Pelosi. She already disarmed dissent making deals with the "rebels". Things will still be rough and uneven but she also has Trump to leverage, as in we're united against this clown.

IF Nancy can bring the heat to Trump, I think the Dems line up and push forward. See defeating Trump kills the GOP off and gives them lots of leverage to take the presidency. Nancy is setting the table for the next generation and many Dems will benefit. I don't see progressive Dems being a problem as long as the Dems are united against Trump and Nancy holds his feet to the fire.
Peanut Gallery Consultant
B.A. Bearacus
concordtom said:

BA,
What did you doubt before?
What are you amazed about now?
What changed?

I just walked in and saw that she is speaker again....

I had doubts a few months back if it was really necessary to have her and not another capable person in her role. Switching it up would have been an injection of new blood and removed the GOP's #1 villain, referenced ad nauseam, from being a factor on the minds of voters in closely contested seats. Not worried about that anymore.

I think she has done a lot since the midterms to help create a consensus on the Left that she is singularly suited to the task at hand at this critical time vis a vis Mushroom D and I sense that people are seeing a bad ass quality that is endearing, energizing, and gives hope. She's enjoying a rock star moment right now and I'm personally enjoying it.
concordtom
I've traveled a long way.
I hate the Republican Party I once belonged to, and can't ever see myself voting for them again.
I hope they all get so trashed that they have to be completely revamped, replaced by a new breed. The GOP is a sick place these days, in my opinion.
Another Bear
Can't find the meme but there was this pic with the line, "Nancy you have chunk of Trump ass on your heel." Also Trump doesn't know how to attack Nancy, or she knows NOT to bite and take the bait. He has no idea how to handle a badass grandmother. The presser proved it.

concordtom
Trump allowed her into his den so she could box with him.
I don't think she was Ali or anything, but she had no problem facing him where others wilt and kiss his butt.
That was stupid of trump. Never put your opponent on your level.

Trump is a creep. Remember him walking up behind Hillary in the debates?
What a sick sick man!

I will throw a giant party when he goes down. Spontaneous parades.
Remember what happened when bin laden died? Hundreds or thousands outside White House chanting U. S. A.
We should do that again the moment he's gone. Oh I wish I still lived in DC. I'd put on the pink *****hat, which I've knitter 3 so far, and I'd be a part of that crowd!
B.A. Bearacus
Another Bear
dajo9 said:

I think Pelosi is great and is just who we need as Speaker right now. I think the threat from the left is overblown media hype. They know the stakes. They will push but they will not divide. It's the centrists that run the risk of messing things up. A centrist can attack the party and always receive media praise, therefore it's a painless thing for them to do.
You are correct. Here's a list of those who voted against Nancy Pelosi. Looks like Blue Dog Dems and centralist. From Axios:

Here's who voted against Pelosi for speaker, and who they voted for instead:
[ol]
  • Anthony Brindisi (N.Y.): Joe Biden
  • Jim Cooper (Tenn.): present
  • Jason Crow (Colo.): Sen. Tammy Duckworth
  • Joe Cunningham (S.C.): Rep. Cheri Bustos
  • Jared Golden (Maine): Bustos
  • Ron Kind (Wis.): Rep. John Lewis
  • Conor Lamb (Pa.): Rep. Joe Kennedy
  • Ben McAdams (Utah): Rep. Stephanie Murphy
  • Kathleen Rice (N.Y.): Stacey Abrams
  • Max Rose (N.Y.): Duckworth
  • Kurt Schrader (Ore.): Rep. Marcia Fudge
  • Mikie Sherrill (N.J.): Bustos
  • Elissa Slotkin (Mich.): present
  • Abigail Spanberger (Va.): Bustos
  • Jeff Van Drew (N.J.): "No" changed to present
  • [/ol]
    B.A. Bearacus

You keep lyin' when you oughta be truthin'
    You keep losing when you oughta not bet
    You keep samin' when you oughta be a'changin'
    Now what's right is right but you ain't been right yet
    These boots are made for walking
    And that's just what they'll do
    One of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you
    B.A. Bearacus
    Pelosi starring as the adult.

bearister
    I never knew that Woody Guthrie mentioned Fred tRump in a song lyric:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/12/opinion/sunday/dowd-nancy-pelosi-donald-trump.html
    Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
    Send my credentials to the House of Detention
    I got some friends inside
    B.A. Bearacus

bearister
    Yogi58
    B.A. Bearacus said:

Another Bear
    Nancy Pelosi OWNS Trump. It started ironically when she told him she was praying for him. She might kick your butt upside down but it's very difficult to fight someone who is praying for your soul...and means it. Against basic personal interest to fight this and he's a narcissist. Classic nun move, classic grandma move...be tough and stern on the child for their sake but also show love only a grandmother can show...about your very fccking soul. Trump simply doesn't know what do with genuine concern and the boot that stomped his butt. I think Pelosi's daughter is correct, she can cut your head off and you won't even know it.
    bearister
    Another Bear said:

Nancy Pelosi OWNS Trump. It started ironically when she told him she was praying for him. She might kick your butt upside down but it's very difficult to fight someone who is praying for your soul...and means it. Against basic personal interest to fight this and he's a narcissist. Classic nun move, classic grandma move...be tough and stern on the child for their sake but also show love only a grandmother can show...about your very fccking soul. Trump simply doesn't know what do with genuine concern and the boot that stomped his butt. I think Pelosi's daughter is correct, she can cut your head off and you won't even know it.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jan/24/nancy-pelosi-alien-species-to-trump-shutdown?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

"Trump has spent the whole of his personal life surrounding himself with a particular type of woman: young, working hard at being attractive to men, and compliant. He filters the women in his professional life through this same lens, demanding unyielding female loyalty and prizing female beauty.

As each of his wives grew older and more assured, he replaced them with someone younger and more dependent on him."
    Another Bear
    Probably some classic wh0re/madonna thing going on and some mommy issues and basic misogyny.

p.s. this reminds of me John Boehner and how Pope Francis got under his skin. When they met it was a big deal for Boehner, Catholic and all. Pope Francis knew who Boehner was and Pope whispered to him, "Pray for me, I need the help.". This broke Boehner, he resigned shortly there after. Sure he was likely thinking about it...but that was it. Boehner knew it was judgment time.

For Trump I don't think it's anything spiritual but he must understand it's something bigger than him that he can't fight, and can't win.
    okaydo
    Another Bear said:

Probably some classic wh0re/madonna thing going on and some mommy issues and basic misogyny.

p.s. this reminds of me John Boehner and how Pope Francis got under his skin. When they met it was a big deal for Boehner, Catholic and all. Pope Francis knew who Boehner was and Pope whispered to him, "Pray for me, I need the help.". This broke Boehner, he resigned shortly there after. Sure he was likely thinking about it...but that was it. Boehner knew it was judgment time.

For Trump I don't think it's anything spiritual but he must understand it's something bigger than him that he can't fight, and can't win.

Same thing with AOC?
    Another Bear
    I'm not sure but there's this. Sort of ironic using God against the GOP, evangelicals and wingnut to "out bible" them. You know, when commies and liberuls are crushing you with the word of god and heartfelt prayer, you're in trouble. Oh right...and AOC is kicking butt.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez quotes the Bible after Sarah Huckabee Sanders says she should leave climate change up to God
    okaydo
    Where can i get Pelosi cal scarf

concordtom
    bearister said:

Another Bear said:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jan/24/nancy-pelosi-alien-species-to-trump-shutdown?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

"Trump has spent the whole of his personal life surrounding himself with a particular type of woman: young, working hard at being attractive to men, and compliant. He filters the women in his professional life through this same lens, demanding unyielding female loyalty and prizing female beauty.

As each of his wives grew older and more assured, he replaced them with someone younger and more dependent on him."

I feel bad for Melania.
    She is like a hooker. Who can't escape - at least not for sake of her son.
    If she stays be she likes power, than she is as bad as he.
    Anyways, they disgust me. Could you tell?
    Refresh
    Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.