Trump: guilty or dumb?

3,909 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by concordtom
Anarchistbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mussolini was Minister of Affairs, Minister of the Interior, the youngest Prime Minister in Italian history. Founded a political party and developed a school of fascism and consolidated his power ruthlessly and effectively and developed a national imperialist agenda in five years

Trump serves Big Macs to Clemson
sycasey
IMO, Trump would LIKE to be an authoritarian ruler like Mussolini. He has those leanings. He's just bad at it.
Another Bear
sycasey said:

IMO, Trump would LIKE to be an authoritarian ruler like Mussolini. He has those leanings. He's just bad at it.
Frankly this country lucked the fcck out that Trump is an incompetent boob. Otherwise we'd be headed to WWIII and him in a bunker at the end.
Peanut Gallery Consultant
concordtom
Another Bear said:

The Trump Mussolini comparison is apt...just look at the photographic evidence. It's quite remarkable really, like Trump channeled Mussolini or studied the film.

Thank you.
But I was going for the final photos to be matched up.
Come on, you know the ones. Just google them.

Edit:
I did not give you enough credit for the work you did. Well done.
What do Clint Eastwood, Saddam Hussein, Donald Trump and Mussolini all have in common?
Best to just know, and not to post that final,solution.
concordtom
Another Bear said:

sycasey said:

Frankly this country lucked the fcck out that Trump is an incompetent boob. Otherwise we'd be headed to WWIII and him in a bunker at the end.
Don't hold your breath. Polling for 2020 has not begun. Do not doubt what lengths trump would go to in order to save his own skin.

Ever hear the one about how fdr knew the japs were coming and so moved his aircraft carriers out of Pearl Harbor?
Ever hear the one about how 9/11 was an inside job?
I imagine trump and Putin could put together something pretty special, the likes the world has not yet seen. It'll be the best, most fabulous, most unbelievable.
concordtom
If hitler could be stopped before he became hitler.
If Napoleon could be stopped before he became Napoleon.
If trump could be stopped, it must be done.

Do not be fooled. Vote as if your life depended on it. Vote as if Trump's life depends on it. It may. Mussolini.

USA USA USA USA USA USA

concordtom
"Let them eat hamberders!"

Another Bear
concordtom said:

Another Bear said:

sycasey said:

Don't hold your breath. Polling for 2020 has not begun. Do not doubt what lengths trump would go to in order to save his own skin.

Ever hear the one about how fdr knew the japs were coming and so moved his aircraft carriers out of Pearl Harbor?
I imagine trump and Putin could put together something pretty special, the likes the world has not yet seen. It'll be the best, most fabulous, most unbelievable.
No need to use Japs.
sycasey
Another Bear said:

concordtom said:

Another Bear said:

sycasey said:

No need to use Japs.
Yeah, what was up with that?
AunBear89
sycasey said:

Another Bear said:

concordtom said:

Another Bear said:

sycasey said:

No need to use Japs.
You can take the guy out of the Republican party, but you can't take the Republican party out of the guy...?
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
concordtom
Another Bear said:

concordtom said:

Another Bear said:

sycasey said:

No need to use Japs.
It was the vernacular of the day, so I used it to capture the thought of the time.
As I wrote it, I stopped and wondered if that would get shot down for being politically incorrect.
The stars have spoken. So retracted. Thank you.
concordtom
AunBear89 said:

sycasey said:

Another Bear said:

concordtom said:

Another Bear said:

sycasey said:

No need to use Japs.
You can take the guy out of the Republican party, but you can't take the Republican party out of the guy...?
Actually, I think your implication is incorrect.
Are you suggesting that racism is inherent and unalterable?
I'll disagree.
It's true that what people learn first they learn best. But culture, and people, do change over time. The fact that the term is no longer acceptable for use is proof.
For the record, the term (here, anyways) refers not to a person derogatorily as a racist or inferior label, but to an entire population of people, a nation, who we were at war with not so long ago. I learned the term watching black and white films on Saturday or Sunday afternoons in the 70s.
I will let the linguists or the social scientists argue about the meaning of a word, or you all can simply parse my intended meaning. But I have already understood that it was received poorly, and so I retract and will use the longer complete word, "the Japanese". Apologies.
Another Bear
concordtom said:

Another Bear said:

concordtom said:

Another Bear said:

sycasey said:

No need to use Japs.
It was the vernacular of the day, so I used it to capture the thought of the time.
As I wrote it, I stopped and wondered if that would get shot down for being politically incorrect.
Fair enough. I use "Russkie" and I had to look that up. I always figured it was like Pinko. More of a communist baiting thing but I could be wrong.
concordtom
Another Bear said:

concordtom said:

Another Bear said:

concordtom said:

Another Bear said:

sycasey said:

No need to use Japs.
Fair enough. I use "Russkie" and I had to look that up. I always figured it was like Pinko. More of a communist baiting thing but I could be wrong.
Thank you.
Hey, what do you know?! Someone on BI gave someone else a pass!

For the record, best guy I ever worked with/for... his great grandfather moved from Japan to be a farmer in Montana in the 1880s. The family eventually moved to LA where my guy grew up. When WW2 broke out, my guy's dad was about 18, with 2 brothers. The family was suddenly told to report for removal to Manzanara, which they did patriotically. Once they got there, conditions were shtt, and they realized the racists BS going on. As time went on, feelings worsened. The boys were asked to answer 2 questions:
Would you renounce your Japanese ancestry?
Would you fight against Japan?
Resenting the situation, the boys answered No and No, thus becoming part of the larger group of No No boys, feared by the US Govt as potential inside agents against the US.

Following the war, his dad gave up on the US and moved to Japan. He met and married there and my buddy was born there. But then when my buddy was about 3, they moved back to LA.

I didn't know all this WW2 history, and Larry told it to me over many drives across the bay bridge.
Larry said his dad got 10 or 20k by Reagan as reparations. Can you imagine?? When the family got back to LA,, another white family was living there. Can you imagine?

Shame!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.