Maybe it's just as well Cal didn't win the Championship this year

2,089 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by going4roses
Eastern Oregon Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
When Clemson visits the White House today, President Trump is serving up a training table meal of McDonald's, Wendy's, Burger King and pizza.

"The Clemson national championship team will be coming tonight. It will be exciting," Trump said. "Very great team. An unbelievable team. I think we're going to serve McDonald's, Wendy's and Burger Kings with some pizza. I really mean it. It will be interesting. I would think that's their favorite food."

https://sports.yahoo.com/fast-food-menu-clemsons-white-house-visit-president-trump-says-154326403.html
bearister
I hope some of the players take a knee at the WH.
golden sloth
I'm torn because on the one hand, this means absolutely nothing. On the other hand, it is completely **** food, and I am embarrassed for our country to be serving it to any guests. Furthermore, it sends a horrible message that fast food is okay and healthy. I have yet to go off on my healthy diet / why people are fat rant (synopsis: everyone controls their own diet and therefore their own weight and health), but promoting fast food to a bunch of athletes is not the message we should be sending to our populace.
Eastern Oregon Bear
Maybe the White House chefs are furloughed right now.
going4roses
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
concordtom
Once again, he displays his idiocy.
Why would a bunch of players be excited to eat shtt food? Can you imagine, they get better food, by far, on campus! No class.

How much did these fast food joints pay Trump organization for the free advertising? I suspect Eric was assigned the task of collecting highest bids.

Next week, McDonalds will be advertising their Presidential Happy Meal.
concordtom
Thx for the video.
He says twice that he's interested to see how much is left when they leave. Would be hilarious if nobody touches anything. But even if there are only 10 burgers left, they will be taken away by staff to make it seem like everything was eaten up.

Fake President.
Liar.
Fool.
Eastern Oregon Bear
concordtom said:

Once again, he displays his idiocy.
Why would a bunch of players be excited to eat shtt food? Can you imagine, they get better food, by far, on campus! No class.

I can't see why Trump would think they would be excited to have food they can get any day just off campus. I did think it was good that they had some salads for those who wanted healthier food.

Quote:

How much did these fast food joints pay Trump organization for the free advertising? I suspect Eric was assigned the task of collecting highest bids.
The news stories I saw said that Trump paid for all that fast food out of his own pocket. I'm not sure why. The White House budget must have catering funds for ceremonies like this.

Quote:

Next week, McDonalds will be advertising their Presidential Happy Meal.
So many straight lines, so little time.
dajo9
oski003
Why would ESPN have a headline that the Clemson players cheered the fast food? This must be corruption at the highest level of sports reporting. Russian involvement? Oh, the outrage. Sarcasm.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25762856/white-house-offers-clemson-tigers-fast-food-feast-championship-celebration
oski003
Anyway, in the midst of all of the criticism, you all missed the most disturbing thing. Trump announced that he bought 300 hamburgers. Later, he tweeted that he supplied about a 1,000 hamburgers. He's a liar.
sp4149
oski003 said:

Anyway, in the midst of all of the criticism, you all missed the most disturbing thing. Trump announced that he bought 300 hamburgers. Later, he tweeted that he supplied about a 1,000 hamburgers. He's a liar.
Trump facts are changelings.
concordtom
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

I did think it was good that they had some salads for those who wanted healthier food.
Iceberg lettuce does not make a salad.

Quote:

The news stories I saw said that Trump paid for all that fast food out of his own pocket. I'm not sure why. The White House budget must have catering funds for ceremonies like this.
1. You believe him when he says he paid? I definitely do not. He is a serial liar, about everything large and small.
2. He's got the burgers free from McDonalds as marketing. He then had the White House catering budget pay him back. Crooks can't stop. It's an addiction, and a lifestyle.
concordtom
oski003 said:

Absolutely a liar, but I would allow wiggle room here.
He said 1000 burgers and other stuff. So, maybe 1000 food items.

Anyways, it doesn't matter. Why is he even spending time on such bullshtt???
Take your photo op, and move on.
We do t really F/n care about it a.
Es a terrible terrible President.
sycasey
I get the feeling that Trump thinks fast food really is the best food.
Another Bear
Peanut Gallery Consultant
bearister
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

.... I did think it was good that they had some salads for those who wanted healthier food.....

B.A. Bearacus
oski003 said:

Thing is, you would have said the exact same thing if, instead of hamberders, he sprung for [insert Russian delicacy] to the Clemson players.
going4roses
B.A. Bearacus
going4roses
Stay on course lol ...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.