this one of the reasons i see not much difference between D's and R's

1,346 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by blungld
going4roses
How long do you want to ignore this user?
they both suck

do you agree with the new AG of CA or not ? should the list be released and if no why not ?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/these-journalists-have-a-list-of-criminal-cops-california-is-trying-to-keep-it-secret/ar-BBUhv8v?ocid=spartandhp
Another Bear
Agree, party doesn't matter, it was an AG move, as top cop in the state. I imagine Ed Meese or Kamala Harris would do the same. (Ever think you'd see a sentence with those names linked?) I'd call it politics of lining up behind the police structure, state, union, etc. If the AG doesn't have the cop's back, big problem. FYI: police and prison guard unions in CA, very powerful, big campaign donors.

I found this paragraph interesting, not knowing there was such a commission. Frankly this should be a licensing board, so that if cops break laws their license to be a police officer would be revoked. I mean, dog groomers, hairdressers and barbers are licensed...WHY NOT COPS?
Quote:

The Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training, a California accrediting body, determines which officers are qualified to be hired or retained by state law enforcement. It receives criminal system data from the Justice Department to assist in setting eligibility standards and maintains many agencies' records for police officers who have been convicted of a crime.
In any case, the cat it out of the bag. List should be public.
Peanut Gallery Consultant
blungld
going4roses said:

they both suck

do you agree with the new AG of CA or not ? should the list be released and if no why not ?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/these-journalists-have-a-list-of-criminal-cops-california-is-trying-to-keep-it-secret/ar-BBUhv8v?ocid=spartandhp

I'll tell you one difference. The Democratic supporters will denounce and disagree with their own when they make a mistake or transgress from the public good and no one will claim its all a lie...and certainly no one will believe that.

There are good and bad Democrats and Democratic policy, but the supporters believe in good principles. Big difference.

"The Bear will not quilt, the Bear will not dye!"
going4roses
I used to think like that at the tender age of 9 but now my personal perspective is the money ( geeedy selfish wealth) of both parties got the country ****ed off for too many?
Another Bear
blungld said:

going4roses said:

they both suck

I'll tell you one difference. The Democratic supporters will denounce and disagree with their own when they make a mistake or transgress from the public good and no one will claim its all a lie...and certainly no one will believe that.

There are good and bad Democrats and Democratic policy, but the supporters believe in good principles. Big difference.
I agree. Both good and bad Dems but when a Dem goes bad, other Dems don't automatically protect them. A fair example is Al Franken and MeToo. He wasn't protected (although a few defended him) even if his actions were a joke. He resigned and didn't fight it, didn't make it worse. On the flip side of that, you have Dotard Short Fingers L'Orange and his "grab them by the p8ssy" stuff.

My take on Democrat voters...most just want fair and reasonable policy and things not gamed against the average citizen.
Peanut Gallery Consultant
blungld
going4roses said:

I used to think like that at the tender age of 9 but now my personal perspective is the money ( geeedy selfish wealth) of both parties got the country ****ed off for too many?
Hmmm. I am well above 9 and still think that way.

There is corruption throughout our government and that is why we need election reform; not voter ID and other forms of suppression, but instead get the money and lobbyists out of the system. Which party resists removing money from the system?

I am against corruption and deceit and unethical behavior by ANY politician and could not care less who it is or to what party they belong. If they work against the public good, I want them out, and in jail depending on the offense. My principles are not relative to party, and I see this same behavior by the vast majority of Democrats I know or who have a public voice.

This is demonstrably different in the current GOP. Their principles are completely relative, and based on preserving power and loyalty. It's embarrassing and it is a HUGE difference.

The naive 9-year-old-view is to dismiss everyone as the same in a false equivalence that excuses the extreme degradation of the country we are currently witnessing. Let's clean up the GOP, and clean up lobbying laws and the influence of money/corporations...and then let's worry about the Democrats being just as bad.

"The Bear will not quilt, the Bear will not dye!"
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.