More EU news

3 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by wifeisafurd
wifeisafurd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The centre-right Reform party has won Estonia's general election, beating the ruling Centre party.
Reform, which is a right of center party, led by former MEP Kaja Kallas, who is expected to be the next PM (and likely will make news because she is that attractive), took about 29% of the vote to 23% for Centre in Sunday's ballot. Meanwhile the far-right Conservative People's Party of Estonia (EKRE), which has called for a referendum on EU membership, came a close third. Kallas supported staying in the EU, but wants tax cuts/concessions. Nevertheless, in order to create a majority with the EKRE she likely will have to hold a referendum on leaving the EU. Is this just another stepping stone towards the dissolution of ineptley structured EU, or does no one care about Estonia (other than NATO), or both? In any event, having trouble with developing a good acronym. Estexit doesn't really cut it.
oski003
Niaxit?
Unit2Sucks
Tallinnoscopy!

What do I win?
calbearinamaze
NoF.......gExit. Jean Paul Satre. (sort of)
If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
concordtom
Not good news.
Barrack used to say that progress doesn't always happen in a straight line.
No, it doesn't.
And I'm sure many would consider WW2 to be one of those backward developments.
Or any of the huge stock market crashes we've had.
Or when the asteroid crashed into the Yucatn.

This ain't no utopia. God never promised us that.

(Your news matters, is inspiring to hear. In a bad way.)
Another Bear
Exitstonia?
Peanut Gallery Consultant
golden sloth
I have a soft spot for Estonia. I represented them at my first M.U.N. conference, they have a musician named Kerli who created Bubble Goth music, which is a cross between bubblegum pop and goth music (its not that good, but I like the crossing of seemingly opposite genres), and I've heard its a good place to travel with most people knowing English, being clean and cheap, and full of good looking women.
BGolden
I'm of Lithuanian descent. There is no need for the Baltic states to be part of the EU if all it means is mass immigration forced on the them by the bureaucrats in Brussels.
wifeisafurd
Another Bear said:

Exitstonia?
The winner in my view.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.