Flattering Statistic About Highly Cited Researchers

703 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MSaviolives
MSaviolives
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Among all of the institutions in the world--oh, what the heck, in the universe--Cal is #6 in highly cited researchers. Go Bears!

[Edited to correct ranking #]
bearister
Fake News! The Max Baer, Jr. Society is # 5.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
calbearinamaze
I was going to say we're #6, but what the hell. The Chinese number is spot-on except that we have to
allow for, uh....possible problematic data...unless this is counting absoutelely peer-viewed journals etc.

I root for NIH. Not much of a football team......but has an absolute American hero....Dr. Anthony Fauci. Although from Brooklyn, he wanted to play shortstop for the Yankees. Although the head of NIAID, he would take
a day every week or so to work with patients with, say, ebola. Still bringing it STRONG.

https://www.niaid.nih.gov/news-events/director-in-the-news
If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
MSaviolives
BEARUPINDC said:

I was going to say we're #6, but what the hell. The Chinese number is spot-on except that we have to
allow for, uh....possible problematic data...unless this is counting absoutelely peer-viewed journals etc.

I root for NIH. Not much of a football team......but has an absolute American hero....Dr. Anthony Fauci. Although from Brooklyn, he wanted to play shortstop for the Yankees. Although the head of NIAID, he would take
a day every week or so to work with patients with, say, ebola. Still bringing it STRONG.

https://www.niaid.nih.gov/news-events/director-in-the-news

Thanks for the gracious way you noted my typo, which I now corrected. I do wonder whether the number of citations differentiates between citations as supporting authority vs. citations saying "can you believe this B.S.?"
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.