Trump is such an idiot!

1,317 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by concordtom
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
because we need a thread with that title.
concordtom
Hahaha,
I googled "trump is an idiot" and this article showed up from merely 5 hours ago.

Democratic presidential hopeful Julin Castro called President Trump a "grade-A idiot" on Thursday over the president's reaction to a person who suggested shooting migrants at one of his rallies.
"The president is being a grade-A idiot," Castro said in an interview with Mother Jones.

"We've seen so many white supremacists go out there and say that they're inspired by President Trump and shoot people and so he's being a grade-A idiot to continue to foster the flames of divisions like that," the former Housing and Urban Development secretary added. "That is unbecoming of a president, of anybody in public office."
Trump on Wednesday held a rally in Panama City Beach, Fla., located in the state's panhandle, during which he noted that Border Patrol agents are not permitted to carry weapons while working to deter illegal border crossings.
"But how do you stop these people? You can't," he said, at which point, someone in the crowd responded "Shoot them!"
Trump smiled and shook his head while the crowd cheered.
"That's only in the Panhandle you can get away with that statement," the president joked. "Only in the Panhandle."
Castro is among more than 20 Democrats running for president in 2020.
concordtom
And here's another, from Vanity Fair:

Levin Report
JANET YELLEN: TRUMP IS AN EVEN BIGGER IDIOT THAN HE LOOKS

The former Federal Reserve chair cannot adequately express how dumb our president is.

When you're actively working for the president of the United States, you can't just come out and publicly say, "This guy is a complete and total moron," however accurate or obvious the statement may be. Oh sure, you can say it in private, or in an anonymous op-ed, but attaching your name to such comments is generally considered inadvisable if you want to stay employed. That's why, during the period in which Janet Yellen served as the chair of the Federal Reserve under Donald Trump, we never heard her telling reporters things like, "He makes the cast of Bachelor in Paradise look smart," or "I honestly and truly believe my Schnauzer could do a better job." But as of last February, Yellen no longer works for Trumpbecause he literally thought she was too short for the gigand thus is feeling a bit freer in her choice of words.

In an interview with Marketplace's Kai Ryssdal, Yellen was asked, point blank: "Do you think the president has a grasp of macroeconomic policy?" And instead of dancing around the issue or offering some kind of "I don't know what's in his heart" answer, she responded, "No, I do not." That most of us had a hunch this was the case does not change the fact that it's shocking Yellen would just come out and say it! And, apparently, macroeconomics is just one of several things she thinks President Buy and Sell knows nothing about, the others being international trade, business, and the entire purpose of the Federal Reserve.

Quote:

Yellen:: Well, I doubt that he would even be able to say that the Fed's goals are maximum employment and price stability, which is the goals that Congress have assigned to the Fed. He's made comments about the Fed having an exchange-rate objective in order to support his trade plans, or possibly targeting the U.S. balance of trade. And, you know, I think comments like that shows a lack of understanding of the impact of the Fed on the economy, and appropriate policy goals. . . . I think [his lack of understanding about the effect of his trade tariffs] is . . . creating a lot of uncertainty for businesses, and I think my own view is that those shifts are likely to be adverse for the U.S. economy. . . . And when I continually hear focus by the president and some of his advisers on remedying bilateral trade deficits with other trade partners, I think almost any economist would tell you that there's no real meaning to bilateral trade deficits, and it's not an appropriate objective of policy.
Other things that keep Yellen up at night include Trump's apparent lack of understanding about the Federal Reserve being an independent organization, and how crucial it is for the economy that Americans have confidence in the central bank. (Since appointing Jerome Powell, the president has blamed the Fed for market sell-offs; complained that he should be given "help" in the form of low interest rates; told reporters "the Fed is going loco,"; insisted his "gut" knows more about economics than Powell's brain; and declared, "The only problem our economy has is the Fed. . . . The Fed is like a powerful golfer who can't score because he has no touchhe can't putt!"). "President Trump's comments about Chair Powell and about the Fed . . . concern me," Yellen told Ryssdal, "because if that becomes concerted, I think it does have the impact, especially if conditions in the U.S. for any reason were to deteriorate, it could undermine confidence in the Fed. And I think that that would be a bad thing."
concordtom
Google shows I could copy and paste all day.
Wow.

I suppose what might be more interesting would be to have others try and document what he's done that is good and smart.
concordtom
concordtom
concordtom
Lindsay Graham calls on the GOP to come together to call out Trump for his actions.
"It is cruel. It is costly. And when Reince Priebus says he is an overall positive for the republican party, he is killing [us]. If you think Megyn Kelly is a bimbo, you're an idiot. If you think this woman is a bimbo, you're an idiot. If I were a young woman, I would be looking and saying 'hey, that's a good role model.' I wonder why we are doing bad with young women? When we attack someone like Megyn Kelly, who has the audacity to just make observations that are generally accurate, where is the leadership of the republican party? You can't tell him what to do but you have an obligation to tell people who we are. Are we the party of Donald Trump? Is it the republican party's position to come up with a plan to tear peoples families apart, illegally? Is it ok to say the guy who called Megyn Kelly, by retweeting a tweet, a bimbo, is going to be a good nominee for this party? If that's ok, you better accept the consequences of that being ok because we are going to lose!"
Are you calling on other candidates to take on Donald Trump on immigration?
"The Hispanic community is there for the taking for us. Minorities can't find jobs. The biggest loser of the Obama administration has been African Americans and Hispanics. We have a really good chance here. We have a problem with women and Hispanics. If I am elected president I promise you this, if I am a Hispanic person listening to Donald Trump's solutions and characterizations of the illegal immigrant population, who could be someone in my family, I am not voting for him. And at what point does it become about us as a party? I would love it if more republicans would say that is a very bad idea."

concordtom
Look how lost this Republican Party was and is.

They had, a bit into the clip, 30% favoring trump and FOURTEEN percent favoring BEN CARSON. Both guys are political disasters. And yet, Lindsay Graham has joined the 25% he derides in the clip.

concordtom
concordtom
concordtom
Lol, this is funny.
Q: Who is Ted Mallock?
A: An idiot!

concordtom
concordtom
"He's a he's a complete pain in the ass to work for.
He's terrible to work for."

concordtom
Lindsay Graham is a jackass, because he spoke the truth, and now defends lies.

In this clip he says America is becoming Greece. That is a reference to Debt.
But today we are another $2T in debt, and he says nothing of it, but defends Trump's disasterous practice of inflating the market at tomorrow's peril.

The GOP has lost its way. Sad.

concordtom
Watching Comey townhall from last night on CNN

During a CNN town hall, Comey was asked to respond to President Trump's recent tweet in which he said Obama "did nothing!" about Russian interference after he was informed about it.

"That's a hard question. President Obama faced a very difficult choice," Comey said. "The number one goal for the Russians is to damage our democracy and undermine faith in our electoral process. If he makes an announcement that the Russians are coming for the election, has he just accomplished their goal for them? And is he giving Donald Trump an excuse to say Obama fixed the election?

"So I get why he struggled with it," Comey added. "He did a very sensible thing. He tried to get the bipartisan leaders of Congress to jointly tell the American people this is going on, and in my view, to their everlasting shame, the Republicans refused."
oski003
This is an echo chamber within an echo chamber. marvelous.
GBear4Life
concordtom
You guys should watch Comey.
He might help set you on a straight path.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.