Where to live?

1,142 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by wifeisafurd
Blueblood
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I wanted to move to Ohio.....then I thought, nah.....I think I'll move to Kentucky....but
recently I have a better feeling....if I must live where political corruption and football are
the best....it's Alabama for me!...no more having to think....just follow the law!
concordtom
Gotta feel bad for Zion - New Orleans....
wifeisafurd
I would say beautiful, sunny Laguna Breach, but it once again is raining, with no swell for the board riders. Strange weather year for us.
golden sloth
Why not South Carolina and Clemson? I also hear Charleston is a nice town.

The downside is they don't get the MWC there.
wifeisafurd
Why not the Amalfi coast? Great food, beautiful Bellas, amazing views, outdoor activities, wonderful climate, Everyone speaks American. Drive up to Rome for some culture. And the Italians do like their sports, sans American football.
dajo9
wifeisafurd said:

I would say beautiful, sunny Laguna Breach, but it once again is raining, with no swell for the board riders. Strange weather year for us.
Went to 242 Cafe Fusion Sushi on PCH in Laguna Beach last summer when I was staying there a few days. A local had recommended it and it was packed on a weekday night. Was very good. If I was a local I'd be there a lot.
American Vermin
wifeisafurd
dajo9 said:

wifeisafurd said:

Went to 242 Cafe Fusion Sushi on PCH in Laguna Beach last summer when I was staying there a few days. A local had recommended it and it was packed on a weekday night. Was very good. If I was a local I'd be there a lot.
thanks for the tip (I love sushi, but the wife has a fish allergy). Maybe when I go out with the guys.
B.A. Bearacus

calbearinamaze
wifeisafurd said:

Why not the Amalfi coast? Great food, beautiful Bellas, amazing views, outdoor activities, wonderful climate, Everyone speaks American. Drive up to Rome for some culture. And the Italians do like their sports, sans American football.
Grazie mille, wifesafurd. Ti saluto con un bicchiere di bel Fior d'Uva.
Non intendo fare leva, ma che diavolo un "furd"?
If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
B.A. Bearacus

wifeisafurd
BEARUPINDC said:

wifeisafurd said:

Grazie mille, wifesafurd. Ti saluto con un bicchiere di bel Fior d'Uva. yes, it would be my treat.
Non intendo fare leva, ma che diavolo un "furd"? well, love Is funny.

Risposte in grassetto. Condividiamo con gli altri.
Another Bear
Speaking of Italy and the Amalfi coast...my sister who is closing on 65 might retire there, or at least give it a trial run. Her BFF is married to an Italian national and they're looking into it as two couples. You can rent a nice apartment in non-high tourist cities/regions for like $500/month. Heck you can buy an off the beaten path house for $1...if you're inclined.
Blueblood
Another Bear said:

Speaking of Italy and the Amalfi coast...my sister who is closing on 65 might retire there, or at least give it a trial run. Her BFF is married to an Italian national and they're looking into it as two couples. You can rent a nice apartment in non-high tourist cities/regions for like $500/month. Heck you can buy an off the beaten path house for $1...if you're inclined.
Who gives a rat's ass about Italy? Alabama is foreign enough for me!
Cal88
Speaking of Alabama, looks like Tosh is now coaching DL for the Cleveland Browns. I bet he will do a great job for them recruiting for them...
wifeisafurd
Another Bear said:

It's funny, I rather be in a town like Ravello, than the tourist mobbed places like Positano or Amalfi. Also, Sorrento is charming after the tour boats have pulled out. $550 is a bargain and if you avoid the tourist places, the cost of living is surprisingly cheap.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.