El tRumpo the Impaler and Burner

1,065 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by bearister
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"As the White House is diverting billions of dollars in military funds to the border wall, President Trump "is micromanaging the project down to the smallest design details," Nick Miroff and Josh Dawsey report:

"The bollards, or 'slats,' as he prefers to call them, should be painted 'flat black,' a dark hue that would absorb heat in the summer, making the metal too hot for climbers to scale, Trump has recently told White House aides, Homeland Security officials and military engineers."
Why it matters: "Trump's frequently shifting instructions and suggestions have left engineers and aides confused." Axios

..."And the tips of the bollards should be pointed, not round, the president insists, describing in graphic terms the potential injuries that border crossers might receive."
Washington Post

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
oski003
So odd. He wants a wall that's hard to climb.
Another Bear
golden sloth
oski003 said:

I don't take issue with the fact that he has a goal, and he wants what he views as the solution to that goal to be effective (I would also like to reiterate I disagree with the solution, and don't think immigration is a pressing need, but that just rehashes old debates). My 'but' more involves the delegation of authority and resources and whether or not the President should be micro-managing the project, when there are so many other issues out there.
bearister
golden sloth said:

oski003 said:

I don't take issue with the fact that he has a goal, and he wants what he views as the solution to that goal to be effective (I would also like to reiterate I disagree with the solution, and don't think immigration is a pressing need, but that just rehashes old debates). My 'but' more involves the delegation of authority and resources and whether or not the President should be micro-managing the project, when there are so many other issues out there.

The comedy lies in the part I made fun of....but The HORROR lies in the issue you raise. The details of the wall story brings to mind the real life story of the of pilots that crashed a plane in the Everglades because they didn't realize they were losing altitude as they were arguing how to replace a 50 cent light bulb in the instrument panel.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/r-separation-anxiety-trumps-management-style-poses-challenges-in-oval-office-2016-12

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.