The U.S. still has a Russia problem...and there's other bad actors

4,534 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Another Bear
Another Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A) The Senate Intel Committee released it's report on the 2016 elections and Russia
READ: Senate Intelligence Report On Russian Interference In The 2016 Election

B) Current FBI director says Russia still an election threat
FBI director says Russia still an election threat in prelude to Mueller testimony

C) It's not just the Russkies, the Iranians have joined the hacking and election smear
It's not just the Russians anymore as Iranians and others turn up disinformation efforts ahead of 2020 vote

So why did the GOP senate (Turtle boy) refuse to help pass further elections security?

What would you do to the Russians, and now Iranians to recent hacking and election interference?
Another Bear

Mueller on record and said in public: still have election interference from foreign ENEMIES. He stated in testimony, the Russians are interfering as we sit here.
BearForce2
Hillary is patriotic, she's so nice sometimes.
bearister
I'm convinced our elections are so vulnerable to outside manipulation that the next logical step after installing a failed game show host as POTUS is for the Russians, Chinese, Iranians and North Koreans to hack Carrot Top to the Oval Office in 2024.*

*Unfortunately for our enemies, their 1st choice, Koko the Gorilla, passed away in 2018.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Yogi011
BearForce2 said:

God you're boring. Kinda a homeless person's Devin Nunes.
chazzed
Gunning for non-sequitur of the day?
BearForce2
chazzed said:

Gunning for non-sequitur of the day?
Responding to Schiff's question in the embedded tweet.
BearForce2
BearNakedLadies said:

BearForce2 said:

Signature left, attack the person and claim the moral high ground without engaging. Preach on.
dajo9
Damn this country has gone full stupid. We deserve our masters.
American Vermin
Another Bear

From the Senate Intel committee report:

NYT: Russia Targeted Elections Systems in All 50 States, Report Finds
Yogi011
BearForce2 said:

BearNakedLadies said:

BearForce2 said:

Signature left, attack the person and claim the moral high ground without engaging. Preach on.
I don't engage stupids.
BearNIt
Failure to protect this countries elections after briefings and and congressional testimony confirming not only Russia's past interference, present interference, and future interference is unconscionable and makes you liable for anything that goes wrong with the election. Is the Republican party and Moscow Mitch ready to accept the liability for what goes wrong with the 2020 election? At this point their refusal to pass laws that seek to protect our election infrastructure, their refusal to acknowledge that Russia interfered in the 2016 elections to get Trump elected, and their efforts to limit votes in particular areas of country, just means that voters will turn out in mass and vote the Republicans out of office. How tone-deaf can you be?
oski003
Do any Republicans know why Republicans are blocking the security bill?
BearNIt
BearNIt said:

Failure to protect this country's elections after briefings and and congressional testimony confirming not only Russia's past interference, present interference, and future interference is unconscionable and makes you liable for anything that goes wrong with the election. Is the Republican party and Moscow Mitch ready to accept the liability for what goes wrong with the 2020 election? At this point their refusal to pass laws that seek to protect our election infrastructure, their refusal to acknowledge that Russia interfered in the 2016 elections to get Trump elected, and their efforts to limit votes in particular areas of country, just means that voters will turn out in mass and vote the Republicans out of office. How tone-deaf can you be?
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

Because Trump's feelings would be hurt by any acknowledgment that Russia interfered. This has been noted numerous times.
oski003
Thanks Comrade. I honestly thought you were a democrat.
Another Bear

WHY DO REPUBLICANS KEEP BLOCKING ELECTIONS SECURITY BILLS?
bearister
Another Bear said:

WHY DO REPUBLICANS KEEP BLOCKING ELECTIONS SECURITY BILLS?

Because tRump told them he needs his puppet master's help once again and that in return for enabling it he will let all of them "get their beaks wet" when Putin cuts the tRump Tower Moscow deal during his second term.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
concordtom
BearForce2 said:

How lame and tired are people like you who respond to a "Trump sucks" with a finger pointing to Hillary.

News alert: she is politically done, not an office holder.

It's transparent that none of you are able to deal with just how miserably Trump sucks, so you go back (pivot) to your old useless meaningless childish rants.

You will be buried with the shame of your historical record on your chest. Your grandchildren will forever recall that you were a Trump supporter. The same way Southerners whisper today about their great grandparents had staves.

You are a blight upon your family's heritage.
REPENT, Sinner!
AunBear89
I O I Y A R!!!!!!!
M A G A!!!!!
Send 'em back!
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
BGolden
oski003 said:

Objecting to unanimous consent is not blocking a bill.

From the U's Senate website:
unanimous consent - A senator may request unanimous consent on the floor to set aside a specified rule of procedure so as to expedite proceedings. If no Senator objects, the Senate permits the action, but if any one senator objects, the request is rejected. Unanimous consent requests with only immediate effects are routinely granted, but ones affecting the floor schedule, the conditions of considering a bill or other business, or the rights of other senators, are normally not offered, or a floor leader will object to it, until all senators concerned have had an opportunity to inform the leaders that they find it acceptable.
oski003
But CNN says that the bills are being blocked? Why?
oski003
Another Bear says that too. I just scrolled up.
Unit2Sucks
BGolden said:

oski003 said:

Trump won't sign the bill and McConnell has no interest in bringing it to the floor. Regardless of the current procedural posture, the senate will not pass any meaningful election security legislation unless they can convince Trump is hurts democrats and helps him. They are not interested in protecting our democracy unless and only to the extent that it coincides with helping Trump get re-elected.
BGolden
Unit2Sucks said:

BGolden said:

oski003 said:

Trump won't sign the bill and McConnell has no interest in bringing it to the floor. Regardless of the current procedural posture, the senate will not pass any meaningful election security legislation unless they can convince Trump is hurts democrats and helps him. They are not interested in protecting our democracy unless and only to the extent that it coincides with helping Trump get re-elected.
Nope.
The sticking point is federal control of state elections. Has nothing to do with Trump.

"Sen. Jim Lankford, R-Okla., a lead sponsor of an election security bill with Sen. Amy Klobuchar, D-Minn., echoed the concern of many Republicans that elections remain under state control, but said he wants to see his bill passed soon, though final tweaks are being made."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mcconnell-blocks-bills-election-security-heels-mueller-warnings/story?id=64569009
sycasey
Unit2Sucks said:

BGolden said:

oski003 said:

It's more than Trump. McConnell knows full well that improving elections systems will help Democrats, which would be bad for him. He is nothing if not a cynical self-serving power broker.
Unit2Sucks
BGolden said:

Unit2Sucks said:

BGolden said:

oski003 said:

Nope.
The sticking point is federal control of state elections. Has nothing to do with Trump.

"Sen. Jim Lankford, R-Okla., a lead sponsor of an election security bill with Sen. Amy Klobuchar, D-Minn., echoed the concern of many Republicans that elections remain under state control, but said he wants to see his bill passed soon, though final tweaks are being made."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mcconnell-blocks-bills-election-security-heels-mueller-warnings/story?id=64569009
It has everything to do with Trump's feelings.
Another Bear
I'll just say it...the REPUBLICAN do NOT SUPPORT FAIR ELECTIONS. Gerrymandering, Russkie rigging, Iranian rigging...they just don't care. And thus the GOP DO NOT CARE ABOUT AMERICAN DEMOCRACY.

FCCK 'EM.
chazzed
I'm glad you keep saying it, because it is tough to keep doing so, even as it is painfully obvious. These days, too many Republicans are sell-outs to the party's leadership and, more importantly, sell-outs of this country. Plenty of BI posters, for example, are more entrenched in their Republican partisanship (even as the party reaches new lows on a daily basis) than in their Cal fandom. I'm an idiot when it comes to Cal sports, but not when it comes to my representatives.
Another Bear
chazzed said:

I'm glad you keep saying it, because it is tough to keep doing so, even as it is painfully obvious. These days, too many Republicans are sell-outs to the party's leadership and, more importantly, sell-outs of this country. Plenty of BI posters, for example, are more entrenched in their Republican partisanship (even as the party reaches new lows on a daily basis) than in their Cal fandom. I'm an idiot when it comes to Cal sports, but not when it comes to my representatives.
Agree, this whole thing is agonizingly painful because it's in the open and has been verified. This is why I scream about it, to remind myself...like no duh! The GOP has done everything to discourage voting and democracy...they have in fact embraced fascism, authoritarianism and foreign enemies

p.s. we're all idiots regarding Cal sports...because we keep following it despite reoccurring crapdom.
Another Bear
Another Bear
No comments on Dan Coats resigning? He resigned after the White House repeatedly suppressed his warnings about Russian interference. Trump's racist rants helped bury this. This is a BIG ****ING deal. Trump's guy is a stooge. No experience. Hell, even Susan Collins is on the fence for this turd.

Dan Coats to Step Down as Intelligence Chief; Trump picks lobbyist

oski003
https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/457628-new-evidence-shows-why-steele-the-ohrs-and-tsa-workers-never-should-have?amp
Yogi011
oski003 said:

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/457628-new-evidence-shows-why-steele-the-ohrs-and-tsa-workers-never-should-have?amp
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2018/01/17/staffers-at-the-hill-press-management-about-the-work-of-john-solomon/
Another Bear
We still have a major Russkie problem...

Speaker Pelosi called out Trump again on Putin on Face the Nation today...all roads lead to Putin. The thing is, she spend 25 years on the House Intel Comm and was chair. She knows how this works.

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.