Why Biden isn't my first pick

2,886 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by going4roses
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He's been like this for decades, but this jumbling and/or exaggeration is too similar to Trump or Reagan.
Old age creeps up on us all.
We need truth telling!

Cal88
Biden is not only on the dull side, but he's also very corrupt, on par with the Clintons. He would be very vulnerable as a candidate.

I think Warren will win the nomination. Other than Tulsi, she would be the strongest opponent for Trump. Harris has no charsima and lacks authenticity, Booker and Buttgieg are fakes, Sanders is past his time, he shouldn't have rolled over for Hilary in 2016.
Anarchistbear
The electorate after Trump is still angry and insurgent.

The Democrats lost the House, Senate, and Presidency in 8 years. The idea that everyone wants to go back to that tedium- only with a drooling old man instead of a charismatic young one- is a fatal misreading of the electorate. People desperately want something new.
Another Bear
Joe is an old school handshake, slap the back, kiss the baby kinda pol...and he's been doing it forever. Good retail pol. Complete insider. He's good at it but the country needs something else in the face of Trump and the new GOP. He shares too much of the "head man" syndrome with Trump...and he's ANCIENT.

Conversely Warren has offered policy statements on just about everything and has the smarts and reasoning to articulate it and make it happen. She is a senator and former academic.

I also think Warren gets the nod because of policy and because she's a much clearer difference from Trump; a woman, smart, competent and open to ideas. There was a report she wooed the Dem insiders. That to me is very telling.

wifeisafurd
My bias: policy wise I like Harris and Biden works for me. IMO Biden is much likable and better candidate in the general election. I don't think Joe's few misstatements mean anything when you look at his opponent.

IMO Warren probably get the nomination, because that is where the party is. She also has issues beyond the Indian thing. She presents well in the some way as Hilary in a professorial and in some ways policy wonk style, and a lot of her positives are the same as Hilary. Her policies are different than Clinton, and will scare off a lot of voters who don't follow politics closely. She also will be far less funded than Trump, not that will be a deciding factor. For liberals, she is higher reward, higher risk candidate.
going4roses
They (both parties) all got issues but from my standpoint (criteria) they are all woefully short on the substance which the country and the world needs. A lot window dressing. Biden's time has passed. Too many issues
BearlyCareAnymore
wifeisafurd said:

My bias: policy wise I like Harris and Biden works for me. IMO Biden is much likable and better candidate in the general election. I don't think Joe's few misstatements mean anything when you look at his opponent.

IMO Warren probably get the nomination, because that is where the party is. She also has issues beyond the Indian thing. She presents well in the some way as Hilary in a professorial and in some ways policy wonk style, and a lot of her positives are the same as Hilary. Her policies are different than Clinton, and will scare off a lot of voters who don't follow politics closely. She also will be far less funded than Trump, not that will be a deciding factor. For liberals, she is higher reward, higher risk candidate.

I acknowledge that Biden is the type of profile that is probably most electable, but is HE most electable. People on the ground in Iowa have said he has been very late in setting up operations there. Behind the scenes Obama has been begging the campaign to get younger staff in there to complement the old time political hands. Biden himself sounds like Grandpa Simpson. "Back in my day we'd go over to shelbyville. We'd always wear an onion on are belt which was the style at the time. Anyhoo...Obama Obama Obama." No ideas and no passion for anything but to restore decency. His past campaigns have been train wrecks. Obama has also been reported as saying to his campaign that there number one job is to not let him embarrass his legacy. And he told him "joe, you don't need to do this". And he is just old. I don't mean age. Bernie is not old in the same way.

Don't think for a second that gaffes and misstatements will not be capitalized on just because Trump is the opponent. They already are. The guy who has talked about investigating oranges has already dared to make the senility case. The press is not letting up (see today's stories). It is not enough to be a good profile. He needs to be effective on the campaign trail. He has a debate against Trump like the first democratic debate, it could crater him.
Another Bear
Only Trump and Trump supporters care about the Native American thing.

Seriously, given Trump's many shortcomings, 12,000 lies, criminality, giving Vlad a public BJ...who the F cares about that except Trumpkins.

Trump tried to drag that up not so long ago...and was ignored.

I doubt very much it works again and Warren knows something now...ignore Trump on that stuff. Don't take the bait. For the most part, she's been doing that for the past 6-9 months and it has worked.
bearister
I liked him at the Clarence Thomas hearings, however.

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/cold-opening/n10108
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Unit2Sucks
Biden would make a fine president but not clear to me that he can survive himself.

My politics are probably closer to WIAF than they are to the heart of the democratic party at this point, so in theory I would prefer Harris and Biden but in practice I don't think any of the wild ideas that the left wing in the party want will get off the ground anytime soon. Obama had all kinds of ideas too but all we got was healthcare.

As I've been saying here for a while, I think Warren is by far the best athlete in the field and for whatever reason people continually underestimate her abilities. She has been a tireless champion for the middle and lower class and is one of the few people in the field that I think is actually in it for the right reasons. In my perfect world she wins the election, fixes Obamacare, resets our exec branch agencies so they can do their jobs again, tweaks the tax code a bit, pulls us out of the recession that Trump is speeding us into, keeps us out of war and gets people to stop talking about immigration.

I think any of Biden/Warren/Harris would represent us ably on the world stage and bring back the sense of respect (both inside and outside the US) that the office of the president has clearly lost during this term. I don't know that I would say the same about Bernie. I think Biden and Harris could probably do much if not all of what I would like to see from Warren but with a lot of stumbling, in Bernie's case, and with a lot of sharp elbows, in Harris's case.
Yogi011
Unit2Sucks said:

Biden would make a fine president
I don't know what fine means to you, but to me it just means "not Trump." He has no passion to change the business as usual operation of politics in DC, other than restoring more of the bipartisan "scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" politics that have disappeared.
BearlyCareAnymore
Another Bear said:

Only Trump and Trump supporters care about the Native American thing.

Seriously, given Trump's many shortcomings, 12,000 lies, criminality, giving Vlad a public BJ...who the F cares about that except Trumpkins.

Trump tried to drag that up not so long ago...and was ignored.

I doubt very much it works again and Warren knows something now...ignore Trump on that stuff. Don't take the bait. For the most part, she's been doing that for the past 6-9 months and it has worked.

I do not believe the Native American thing will hurt her in the general election because a liberal that cares about that will see her as wildly preferable to Trump. But in the primary.

Well, I can tell you it is hurting her with one voter. If you went to a large school when I did, you knew some white person who trumped up having a trace of Native American blood before they cracked down on that crap. The issue is inexcusable. Native Americans are significantly disadvantaged and have been royally effed through history. They don't deserve having someone with no disadvantage trying to get benefit on their backs. Personally, I'm struggling with it.

That said, the genetic test was stupid because it always had a high likelihood of being miscast and it only brought the issue to the front of the minds of liberals who prior had been just focused on Trump's behavior. However, the press blew that story. The test confirmed exactly what she said. The "I have more neanderthal blood than she has native american blood" storyline was the press being yet again completely illiterate to science. To be clear, she is much more closely related to Native Americans than anyone is to Neanderthals and the test showed a reasonably recent ancestor. The neanderthal comparison was comparing apples and oranges.
bearister
Unit2Sucks said:

Biden would make a fine president....

I only think that because:

1. He appears to have a moral compass; and

2. He will probably appoint able people to do the heavy lifting.

...but with that said, it makes me sick at heart if tRump has made it ok for a POTUS to be intellectually sub par (he has further lowered the bar from Dubya) and elderly. Old people are pushed aside in the private sector to make room for the able young'ins. When is government going to follow suit? Yes, older smart people have wisdom and experience to share, but set them up at think tanks where they can be a resource, but don't put nuclear footballs in their hands. I'm getting tired of this lifetime employment $h@t at the highest level of Super Power governance.

Another Bear
Well she is from Oklahoma and yes, the mythology of Native American bloodlines is something big there and often held up when it's not legit. If I recall a big part of the "lie" is to give legitimacy to being an "American" the whole time and getting away from "immigrant guilt".

On similar lines, it's why school books often use the trope that Native American arrived on North American 40,000 years ago, or whatever date...to say, yes they are immigrants too, to justify the injustice, which is just pure bullshtt. All that matter is they were here, had a developed civilizations and culture, when other landed.

My family are immigrants (true 49ers) like the vast majority in this country. My take is respect anything Native American say or request because after all that has happened, that's the least that can be done. That's how I dealt with "guilt"...acknowledge they've been screwed massively...and make it right, or back making it right. Guilt means nothing, a hard stance means something. They were here first and we are visitors and invaders, conquistadors...so know your place.

If anyone wants to call that liberal guilt, go right ahead. I don't care...but I'll call it progressive redress. If you can correct a wrong...well why the hell not? And I don't give a rat sass how much that might cost. It's not about money but many say it's not reasonable. Screw that, screw guilt, be proactive.

If there is a positive from Warren, I believe she will make a real effort to address Native American concerns. I get what she said was an insult...but maybe she can do something because of her statement, and that's fine. I don't care why. Change happens for a whole lot of illogical, dumb or accidental reasons.
BearlyCareAnymore
Unit2Sucks said:

Biden would make a fine president but not clear to me that he can survive himself.

My politics are probably closer to WIAF than they are to the heart of the democratic party at this point, so in theory I would prefer Harris and Biden but in practice I don't think any of the wild ideas that the left wing in the party want will get off the ground anytime soon. Obama had all kinds of ideas too but all we got was healthcare.

As I've been saying here for a while, I think Warren is by far the best athlete in the field and for whatever reason people continually underestimate her abilities. She has been a tireless champion for the middle and lower class and is one of the few people in the field that I think is actually in it for the right reasons. In my perfect world she wins the election, fixes Obamacare, resets our exec branch agencies so they can do their jobs again, tweaks the tax code a bit, pulls us out of the recession that Trump is speeding us into, keeps us out of war and gets people to stop talking about immigration.

I think any of Biden/Warren/Harris would represent us ably on the world stage and bring back the sense of respect (both inside and outside the US) that the office of the president has clearly lost during this term. I don't know that I would say the same about Bernie. I think Biden and Harris could probably do much if not all of what I would like to see from Warren but with a lot of stumbling, in Bernie's case, and with a lot of sharp elbows, in Harris's case.
My other problem with Biden is he is ALWAYS behind the times. I think he is a very decent man and he has worked for what he has believed is right. I think his instincts on that are not always great.

Harris was right to hit him on school busing. Not because busing was or was not the right solution. Biden made it his primary issue at the time and it wasn't because busing "didn't make sense" and "even blacks were against it". You look at the record and it was because his instinct was to protect whites in his district who didn't care that whites were already bused into the district from the suburbs and had been there for years. For the love of god he worked with segregationists to oppose busing at every turn. He didn't work for blacks or to get them better schools. And his "even many blacks didn't want it" argument fails to mention that they largely didn't want it because they didn't want to send their children into the teeth of racism. Biden has fought passionately to maintain civil rights after the initial fight was won. I'll give him that. But when the battle was raging in earnest he focused on the wrong side.

He did it again with Anita Hill. His instinct was to protect Clarence Thomas. I do not think he is pro harassment. But when he had the chance to do something, he failed to see the moment and just plain failed. After the fact, he supports women.

I will grant him that he was early on Gay marriage and he at least publicly pushed Obama to have the courage to finally take a position that I think Obama probably always personally supported but didn't want to spend political capital on.

And again, is he leading us anywhere. I think he feels terrible that Trump is our president. I think he feels that must be stopped. I think he feels he can do that and he can't sit on the sideline if he is the best one to o it. That is noble. But he has to do more than be not Trump.

Many people voted for Hillary last time because she was the electable candidate. It turned out she was the least electable candidate. Voting for a candidate because you think s/he is the most vanilla, least scary candidate for the middle is a bad strategy. People want to believe in something.
BearlyCareAnymore
bearister said:

Unit2Sucks said:

...but with that said, it makes me sick at heart if tRump has made it ok for a POTUS to be intellectually sub par (he has further lowered the bar from Dubya) and elderly. Old people are pushed aside in the private sector to make room for the able young'ins. When is government going to follow suit? Yes, older smart people have wisdom and experience to share, but set them up at think tanks where they can be a resource, but don't put nuclear footballs in their hands. I'm getting tired of this lifetime employment $h@t at the highest level of Super Power governance.

Also, do we want to put an ineffective leader in who will probably be dealing with a recession, have him suck and in 4 years get the next Trump in office, or heaven forbid the same Trump running to avenge the loss?
BearlyCareAnymore
Another Bear said:

Well she is from Oklahoma and yes, the mythology of Native American bloodlines is something big there and often held up when it's not legit. If I recall a big part of the "lie" is to give legitimacy to being an "American" the whole time and getting away from "immigrant guilt".

On similar lines, it's why school books often use the trope that Native American arrived on North American 40,000 years ago, or whatever date...to say, yes they are immigrants too, to justify the injustice, which is just pure bullshtt. All that matter is they were here, had a developed civilizations and culture, when other landed.

My family are immigrants (true 49ers) like the vast majority in this country. My take is respect anything Native American say or request because after all that has happened, that's the least that can be done. That's how I dealt with "guilt"...acknowledge they've been screwed massively...and make it right, or back making it right. Guilt means nothing, a hard stance means something. They were here first and we are visitors and invaders, conquistadors...so know your place.

If anyone wants to call that liberal guilt, go right ahead. I don't care...but I'll call it progressive redress. If you can correct a wrong...well why the hell not? And I don't give a rat sass how much that might cost. It's not about money but many say it's not reasonable. Screw that, screw guilt, be proactive.

If there is a positive from Warren, I believe she will make a real effort to address Native American concerns. I get what she said was an insult...but maybe she can do something because of her statement, and that's fine. I don't care why. Change happens for a whole lot of illogical, dumb or accidental reasons.
If she had stated family lore and that she has a Native American ancestor - fine. On multiple professional sources she was identified as Native American. She's not. That is bullshyte. Never should have happened.

It's not the worst sin ever. I can get over it. But I'm not at the point in this year's political process yet where I need to settle. I like her as a candidate. I like her better than Biden, so she will probably get my vote if it is effectively a two person race by California. But I'm not there yet.
bearister
Cal88 said:

Biden is not only on the dull side, but he's also very corrupt....

Didn't the Orange Tub of Guts and his Crime Family take corruption off the table as disqualifying?

okaydo
Cal88 said:

Biden is not only on the dull side, but he's also very corrupt, on par with the Clintons. He would be very vulnerable as a candidate.

I think Warren will win the nomination. Other than Tulsi, she would be the strongest opponent for Trump. Harris has no charsima and lacks authenticity, Booker and Buttgieg are fakes, Sanders is past his time, he shouldn't have rolled over for Hilary in 2016.

Wow, I never thought I'd 100% agree with a Cal88 political post.

During the 2016 campaign, Trump kept saying how Hillary was in power for 30 years. He said it so much that, if I recall correctly, Obama started saying it and even Hillary started saying it. Only problem is that Hillary was unknown before 1992. But she had too much baggage. And so does Biden. Being a Washington insider for nearly 50 years will hurt him.
wifeisafurd
okaydo said:

Cal88 said:

During the 2016 campaign, Trump kept saying how Hillary was in power for 30 years. He said it so much that, if I recall correctly, Obama started saying it and even Hillary started saying it. Only problem is that Hillary was unknown before 1992. But she had too much baggage. And so does Biden. Being a Washington insider for nearly 50 years will hurt him.
I don't disagree Biden has baggage, but it is known baggage (absent anything the Russians have not provided yet) and the problem with Clinton is we kept getting new stuff, and no one really seemed to care about Trump's enormous baggage. I just see Biden's and Trump's history as just background noise, and race would be whose philosophy you are with and do you want a "nice" or "mean" President.

That all is different with Warren who is not getting a vetting in the primaries (at least not yet with so many candidates). But it is well beyond claiming minority status when applying to Ivy League institutions for jobs could have denied a more deserving applicant a position. She spent her private legal practice being a civil defense attorney representing large, corporate clients. Documents indicate she took hush money to help suppress personal injury lawsuits against her client Travelers Insurance, which was alleged to have mislead the public about the dangers of asbestos. She lied in court documents indicating Travelers had no knowledge, when leaked document indicate Travelers had known for decades and that she had those documents. Just one example. This is somewhat akin to going through each Romney transaction. You can't be a good boy scout (or girl scout) and have that much success. Why do the details of Warren's decades-old work as a highly compensated corporate attorney matter now? After all, this is America and there's nothing wrong with making a lot of money, which she did at very high billing rates. But that's not true when you're running for the nomination on the issues she champions (as a middle-class warrior standing up for the little guy). In fact, she spent a lot of tine (over 50 cases) helping large corporations arguably screw the little guys.

Then there is her academic record. It is easy to say controversial things in the context of open ideas. Itt is another thing when you dismiss black student claims by saying "everyone is a racist" (she also used that phrase to justify the lack of color in US corporations) or then saying the US is operating under a system of "apartheid." As in you can't have it both ways. There is a lot she said, especially if taken outside academic context, will offend many different groups. And I suspect we will start hearing them as the number of candidates narrows down.

Oh, and she has her own non-profit scandal. Daughter is the founder and chairwoman of Demos, the progressive George Soros-funded think tank, that has some scarps recently. The daughter's assistant,Benjamin Barber, a former adviser to Saif al-Islam Gaddafi, the son of the late Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi, was forced out once mom announced for President in a 'little restructuring". The non-profit openly supports Sanders which it can do legally, but this all calls into question the little guy issue, when a billionaire fund manager in the very industry Warren purports to want to regulate has so much influence with her and her family.

As Warren's surges upward in the polls, her Democratic opponents have an incentive to attack her. I still think she wins the nomination because her views matter more and are more consistent with the hard core base that votes in primaries. Of course, I said Trump was running a publicity campaign and never wanted to be ( or would be) President.
Another Bear

For a 70 y.o. Warren looks fit and spry. Sure the vid looks a bit dorky but I'd love to see Trump or Biden try it. .
BearsWiin
bearister said:

Unit2Sucks said:

I'm confused as to your inclusion of a picture of Derek Jacobi as Claudius. Please explain. Made Emperor at the age of 51 by the Praetorian Guard after their assassination of Caligula, possibly poisoned by his wife at the age of 64. Constantly underestimated because of his physical infirmities, turned out to be an effective Emperor.

FWIW, Patrick Stewart as Sejanus scared the living crap out of young BearsWiin
Anarchistbear
Biden is a placeholder like Trump. Both have failed and will continue to fail in dealing with the long festering major issue that plagues us- economic inequality. The reason is simple- both are hand maidens of our ruling global plutocrats. Biden has been at the center of every inaction and bad decision for decades.

If Biden is elected- quite probable- nothing happens once again and the Democrats "surge" ends. The House will revert to the Republican in two years and the Presidency in four. Reversal upon reversal just like the last eight years because the same people are always in charge and if it's one thing that unites left and right it is that our system is rigged.

Biden or Trump is not a choice- it's another waste of time.
wifeisafurd
Another Bear said:

For a 70 y.o. Warren looks fit and spry. Sure the vid looks a bit dorky but I'd love to see Trump or Biden try it. .
Fake news. Joe Biden is running, literally via @YouTube

Joe Biden is running, literally

Let's see Warren do these arm curls. via @ 634 677
bearister
Anarchistbear said:

Biden is a placeholder like Trump. Both have failed and will continue to fail in dealing with the long festering major issue that plagues us- economic inequality. The reason is simple- both are hand maidens of our ruling global plutocrats. Biden has been at the center of every inaction and bad decision for decades.

If Biden is elected- quite probable- nothing happens once again and the Democrats "surge" ends. The House will revert to the Republican in two years and the Presidency in four. Reversal upon reversal just like the last eight years because the same people are always in charge and if it's one thing that unites left and right it is that our system is rigged.

With only one stumbling block: The Republican business model is aging out. They lose supporters every year to either old age or opioids. Young people by and large aren't buying what the GOP is selling. The younger people that do are progressively getting too stoned on oxy to either register to vote or show up on Election Day.
bearister
BearsWiin said:

bearister said:

Unit2Sucks said:

I'm confused as to your inclusion of a picture of Derek Jacobi as Claudius. Please explain. Made Emperor at the age of 51 by the Praetorian Guard after their assassination of Caligula, possibly poisoned by his wife at the age of 64. Constantly underestimated because of his physical infirmities, turned out to be an effective Emperor.

Because this picture looks like an ancient ruler way past his shelf code just like tRump, Biden and many of our legislators. I was a big fan of the show and immediately used the search term "I, Claudius elderly" because I remembered how decrepit Jacobi looked in the makeup. If you like Jacobi check out Last Tango in Halifax. The two main women co stars were in some of my favorite British police shows (Unforgotten, Collateral, River and Happy Valley):

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2216156/
Yogi011
wifeisafurd said:

okaydo said:

Cal88 said:

I don't disagree Biden has baggage, but it is known baggage (absent anything the Russians have not provided yet) and the problem with Clinton is we kept getting new stuff, and no one really seemed to care about Trump's enormous baggage. I just see Biden's and Trump's history as just background noise, and race would be whose philosophy you are with and do you want a "nice" or "mean" President.

That all is different with Warren who is not getting a vetting in the primaries (at least not yet with so many candidates). But it is well beyond claiming minority status when applying to Ivy League institutions for jobs could have denied a more deserving applicant a position. She spent her private legal practice being a civil defense attorney representing large, corporate clients. Documents indicate she took hush money to help suppress personal injury lawsuits against her client Travelers Insurance, which was alleged to have mislead the public about the dangers of asbestos. She lied in court documents indicating Travelers had no knowledge, when leaked document indicate Travelers had known for decades and that she had those documents. Just one example. This is somewhat akin to going through each Romney transaction. You can't be a good boy scout (or girl scout) and have that much success. Why do the details of Warren's decades-old work as a highly compensated corporate attorney matter now? After all, this is America and there's nothing wrong with making a lot of money, which she did at very high billing rates. But that's not true when you're running for the nomination on the issues she champions (as a middle-class warrior standing up for the little guy). In fact, she spent a lot of tine (over 50 cases) helping large corporations arguably screw the little guys.

Then there is her academic record. It is easy to say controversial things in the context of open ideas. Itt is another thing when you dismiss black student claims by saying "everyone is a racist" (she also used that phrase to justify the lack of color in US corporations) or then saying the US is operating under a system of "apartheid." As in you can't have it both ways. There is a lot she said, especially if taken outside academic context, will offend many different groups. And I suspect we will start hearing them as the number of candidates narrows down.

Oh, and she has her own non-profit scandal. Daughter is the founder and chairwoman of Demos, the progressive George Soros-funded think tank, that has some scarps recently. The daughter's assistant,Benjamin Barber, a former adviser to Saif al-Islam Gaddafi, the son of the late Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi, was forced out once mom announced for President in a 'little restructuring". The non-profit openly supports Sanders which it can do legally, but this all calls into question the little guy issue, when a billionaire fund manager in the very industry Warren purports to want to regulate has so much influence with her and her family.

As Warren's surges upward in the polls, her Democratic opponents have an incentive to attack her. I still think she wins the nomination because her views matter more and are more consistent with the hard core base that votes in primaries. Of course, I said Trump was running a publicity campaign and never wanted to be ( or would be) President.
Sources? (knowing full well that either the sources will be laughable or never posted).
Another Bear

Lizzie looks faster, meaner... This is how Trump runs...
BearsWiin
bearister said:

BearsWiin said:

bearister said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Because this picture just looks like an ancient ruler way past his shelf code just like tRump, Biden and many of our legislators. I was a big fan of the show and immediately used the search term "I, Claudius elderly" because I remembered how decrepit Jacobi looked in the makeup. If you like Jacobi check out Last Tango in Halifax. The two main women co stars were in some of my favorite British police shows (Unforgotten, Collateral, River and Happy Valley):

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2216156/
But looks can be deceiving. As I said, Claudius was killed at the relatively young age of 64, and even though he looked physically frail and easy to underestimate, he was actually a very sharp and capable Emperor. I just don't think the comparison is appropriate, since Biden and Trump actually are old and senile, and Claudius was neither.
wifeisafurd
BearNakedLadies said:

wifeisafurd said:

okaydo said:

Cal88 said:

Sources? (knowing full well that either the sources will be laughable or never posted).
Washington Post on the legal stuff -they even counted her cases.
Stuff on the daughter is public record. But yes, Fox.
Her quotes were in various Boston newspapers when she ran against Scott Brown.
Yogi011
wifeisafurd said:

BearNakedLadies said:

wifeisafurd said:

okaydo said:

Cal88 said:

Washington Post on the legal stuff -they even counted her cases.
Stuff on the daughter is public record. But yes, Fox.
Her quotes were in various Boston newspapers when she ran against Scott Brown.
Really, this isn't hard. Post links.
wifeisafurd
Anarchistbear said:

I'm not sure who you are supporting, and I don't think you have looked at the other candidates too well if Biden is a corporate troll (same town attorney and in public service most his life). Do your due diligence.

Being president, or even just running for president, would dilute what the left loves best about there candidates (Sanders may be the exception) and also, perhaps, what you think the nation needs most from them.
Anarchistbear
wifeisafurd said:

Anarchistbear said:

I'm not sure who you are supporting, and I don't think you have looked at the other candidates too well if Biden is a corporate troll (same town attorney and in public service most his life). Do your due diligence.

Being president, or even just running for president, would dilute what the left loves best about there candidates (Sanders may be the exception) and also, perhaps, what you think the nation needs most from them.

The notion that Biden is some small town attorney or that you can be in public service and not serve corporate interests is pretty bizarre. Where do you get this stuff?

If that isn't enough the fact that Biden is the only Democrat candidate who voted for the Iraq War is reason enough to disqualify him from any office.

https://theintercept.com/2019/03/21/joe-biden-2020-hillary-clinton/

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2018/08/joe-biden-neoliberal-democrat-conservative-lobbying
Yogi011
Anarchistbear said:

If that isn't enough the fact that Biden is the only Democrat candidate who voted for the Iraq War is reason enough to disqualify him from any office.

https://theintercept.com/2019/03/21/joe-biden-2020-hillary-clinton/

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2018/08/joe-biden-neoliberal-democrat-conservative-lobbying
Most of the candidates weren't in Congress when that vote happened so it's not like that shines well on the rest.
Anarchistbear
True but that's kind of the point. The policy disasters of the past are part and parcel of Biden. Having enthusiastically backed and voted for the biggest foreign policy disaster in US history does set him apart even from Trump.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.