The Idiot In Chief Fires Another One

1,094 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by B.A. Bearacus
BearNIt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It appears that the Idiot In Chief has let his twitter do the talking again and last night requested John Bolton's resignation via tweet. Bolton the National Security Advisor complied and handed in his resignation. Given the ****storm that is our foreign policy concerning Russia, China, Venezuela, Afghanistan, The Occupied Territories, North Korea, The Ukraine, and our deteriorating relationships with our allies, I can only say what a cluster**** of an operation. For someone who touted that they only would hire the best people, many who hadn't already questioned his decision making skills now have to wonder why this carnival barker can't seem to retain personnel. The fearless leader is running out of bodies to fill his to positions tasked with protecting this country. Bolton says he wasn't fired, that he instead resigned his position.
BearNIt
All this while Netanyahu threatens to annex part of the occupied territory and North Korea launched more missiles, and this all occurred before 10:00 am PT.

There have been 4 National Security Advisors under The Fearless Leader. Who in their right mind would take this job given the tenures of those who previously held the position and the pile of crap that is our foreign policy?
concordtom
Didn't he just hire Bolton?
What's the rationale?

F'in losers.

Capitol Hill GOP needs to revolt and eliminate him. They are such losers.
bearister
But I will be the first to admit that tRump's idiocy was evidenced more by the hiring of that bristly little demon than by his firing.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Another Bear
You know what, it doesn't matter. This is Trump's only thing - firing people after a stupid and senseless hire in the first place.

Bolton was shut out by the security and intel professionals not appointed by Trump. His hard-on for war with Iran made him a true chickenhawk weasel'tard that the military establishment wasn't going to tolerate, let alone let into the room. The military industrial complex is a freakin' massive monster...but at least it has sense to ignore the idiots, including Trump.

Of course 4 NSA in 3 years means Trump is really incompetent...or he's doing it to obscure Putin's involvement.
Anarchistbear
Good riddance to another scumbag.
joe amos yaks
Nasty Bolton-boy whiffed in NKorea; whiffed in Venezuela; whiffed again in Afghanistan, and became a dangerous liability when he was compromised and caught sharing kumquats with Ben-boy Netanyahu by Jeffrey Epstein's blackmail cameras.

*edited.
"Those who say don't know, and those who know don't say." - LT
BearNIt
The Idiot in Chief's most recent firing is further confirmation of his incompetence as the leader of this country and the risk that he poses to our national security.
Anarchistbear
BearNIt said:

The Idiot in Chief's most recent firing is further confirmation of his incompetence as the leader of this country and the risk that he poses to our national security.

You've got it wrong. Bolton was the risk to national security. Getting rid of this deranged neocon is positive news.
Cal88
Anarchistbear said:

BearNIt said:

You've got it wrong. Bolton was the risk to national security. Getting rid of this deranged neocon is positive news.
Agree, this is great news.

Trump is basically trying to pander to two irreconcilable constituencies with conflicting foreign policy outlooks: non-interventionists/paleoconservatives, who make up part of his base, and the neocons, who represent the majority of his top donors (Adelson, Marcus, Moskowitz). This move is an admission that he's been drifting too far towards the latter, he's throwing the former group a bone here.
Another Bear
Let's be clear... Bolton is a dangerous Neo-con who doesn't understand nuking Iran is bad. Trump is a dangerous idiot because of his Russian alliance (funding, friendship, fudgepacking).
BearNIt
Anarchistbear said:

BearNIt said:

Not only is the firing of Bolton a further indication of the Idiot in Chief's failure as an evaluator of talent, but his hiring of Bolton in the first place only added to the view that he hasn't a clue in how to choose people for positions that are an integral part to the success of the security apparatus that the United States depends on to keep its people safe from harm. A man who was supposed to hire only the best people has failed time and time again in that endeavor.

I absolutely agree that Bolton spent his career beating the drums of war, was a dangerous presence in the government given his comments throughout his career, and should have never been chosen as the National Security Advisor, but since he was and has now been fired, who is going to want that job which is essential to protecting this country. Who is going to want to put their head in the guillotine with the blade raised and ready to be dropped at any time? Who do our allies call at this precarious time? Anyone who would be an appropriate pick and who would serve this country well will not go anywhere near this administration which leaves only Fox News commentators
bearister
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Unit2Sucks
I love when people try to spin moves by Trump as if they were motivated by the best possible reason that an intelligent person could come up with instead of the actual reason.

In reality, Trump fired Bolton for leaking repeatedly to the NYT which undermined Trump's claims that he decided everything by himself.

So while most can agree that Bolton was a terrible chickenhawk who should have been exiled for his role in the Dubya administration and had no business setting foot in the white house again, it's impossible to say whether this move is good or bad for the USA because Trump is still going to be selecting the next NSA and there are only two options: (i) he chooses one who is acceptable to many people but ignores his advice and ultimately fires him for not being a yes man, or (ii) he chooses one who is unacceptable to almost everyone but ignores his advice and ultimately fires him for some other Trumpian reason.
B.A. Bearacus
bearister said:

How this escaped my attention all this while boggles the mind. Merriam and Webster tried to warn those who voted for T but failed.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.