Christianity Today, founded by Billy Graham, says...

2,473 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by concordtom
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?

NYCGOBEARS
You beat me to it, Okaydo! This may be the beginning of the popular landslide that will bury Trump. I hope at least.

Link to the editorial -

https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2019/december-web-only/trump-should-be-removed-from-office.html
okaydo
NYCGOBEARS said:

You beat me to it, Okaydo! This may be the beginning of the popular landslide that will bury Trump. I hope at least.

Link to the editorial -

https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2019/december-web-only/trump-should-be-removed-from-office.html

Hahaha. No chance.
okaydo
Christianity Today is pretty evenhanded. They aren't like Trump Christians.

https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/topics/t/transgender/

bearister
The Rev. Baby Billy Freeman gives a big Hallelujah! to that.

...and it brought a tear to the eye of the Rev. Jimmy Swaggart.

tRump's response: "I always knew those Bible thumpers were LOSERS!"
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bearister
okaydo said:

Christianity Today is pretty evenhanded. They aren't like Trump Christians.

https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/topics/t/transgender/

Now let's see if the Opus Dei Catholics disavow him 3 times before the rooster crows.
B.A. Bearacus
Wish they had a higher follower count. 328K is pretty chill. Still, good to hear it being stated publicly.
Anarchistbear
GBear4Life
So...people have an inclination towards hypocrisy?

HOLD THE PHONE
B.A. Bearacus

bearister
"President Trump on Friday went after Christianity Today after it published an editorial calling for his removal from office, saying the flagship evangelical magazine was "far left" and claiming it has been "doing poorly." The Hill

"A far left magazine, or very 'progressive,' as some would call it, which has been doing poorly and hasn't been involved with the Billy Graham family for many years, Christianity Today, knows nothing about reading a perfect transcript of a routine phone call and would rather have a Radical Left nonbeliever, who wants to take your religion & your guns, than Donald Trump as your President," Trump wrote in a pair of tweets."

With regard to this line:
"... and would rather have a Radical Left nonbeliever, who wants to take your religion & your guns..."

...at some point do you think even his base is smart enough to realize tRump is insulting their intelligence?
prospeCt

okaydo
I could've titled this thread: "Even evangelical Christians are starting to admit that Trump should be removed from office"

But I ain't bearlyamazing.

okaydo

okaydo

okaydo

bearister
BearNIt
When Christianity Today says that the Idiot in Chief is immoral, has abused his powers as POTUS for personal gain, and has betrayed his constitutional oath, the cracks in the wall are beginning to reveal themselves.

But the facts in this instance are unambiguous: The president of the United States attempted to use his political power to coerce a foreign leader to harass and discredit one of the president's political opponents. That is not only a violation of the Constitution; more importantly, it is profoundly immoral.

The reason many are not shocked about this is that this president has dumbed down the idea of morality in his administration. He has hired and fired a number of people who are now convicted criminals. He himself has admitted to immoral actions in business and his relationship with women, about which he remains proud. His Twitter feed alonewith its habitual string of mischaracterizations, lies, and slandersis a near perfect example of a human being who is morally lost and confused.

Trump's evangelical supporters have pointed to his Supreme Court nominees, his defense of religious liberty, and his stewardship of the economy, among other things, as achievements that justify their support of the president. We believe the impeachment hearings have made it absolutely clear, in a way the Mueller investigation did not, that President Trump has abused his authority for personal gain and betrayed his constitutional oath. The impeachment hearings have illuminated the president's moral deficiencies for all to see. This damages the institution of the presidency, damages the reputation of our country, and damages both the spirit and the future of our people. None of the president's positives can balance the moral and political danger we face under a leader of such grossly immoral character.

Christianity Today
B.A. Bearacus
B.A. Bearacus

bearister
I watched the re airing of this last night while channel surfing. Riveting MUST SEE TV worth your time.

*I remember one of the topical jokes when these swindlers were in their heyday: Did you hear the FBI found Jimmy Hoffa? He was under Tammy Faye Baker's makeup.
concordtom
B.A. Bearacus said:

Wow!
And correct analysis.

******* B*tch !!!!!
concordtom
B.A. Bearacus said:

Lol !!!
concordtom
The scathing editorial from CT was awesome to read. Hopefully it makes it okay for more and more Christians to abandon the corrupt ship they were led to board.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.