Titans vs Patriots

1,481 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by sycasey
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
GBear4Life
"Coach, can you talk a little bit about the struggles in the ..."

"We're focused on the offseason." - Belicheck
OBear073akaSMFan
bearister said:

This season Brady showed his age. Time for him to hangup his 'Uggs"!
B.A. Bearacus
Thought I would have been happier that the Pats lost, but there were mixed feelings. As hated as they are, it was a little joyless to see the end of this historical run that was worthy of respect (when they weren't cheating).
bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

Thought I would have been happier that the Pats lost, but there were mixed feelings. As hated as they are, it was a little joyless to see the end of this historical run that was worthy of respect (when they weren't cheating).

Spoken like someone that never had a girlfriend called "Raiders."
okaydo
B.A. Bearacus said:

I'm near Tom Brady's age.

On the one hand, I'm sick of the Patriots and want the dynasty to end.

On the other, as my hair begins graying and the effects of middle age set in, it was nice to see someone near my age killing it in a young person's game.

B.A. Bearacus
UCLA grad with some surprisingly deep locker room thoughts.

B.A. Bearacus
bearister said:

Hehe, yeah, I guess I'm an NFC guy so I have an AFC blind spot. That said, like you, I was rooting hard for the Raiders against the Pats on that snowy day in 2001. Little did I know that the organization and any semblance of excellence would die immediately after that play, never to be found again in Oakland or South Nevada.

Will you watch a majority of the Las Vegas Raiders games next year? I forget if it was a separation or a straight up divorce.
B.A. Bearacus
I'm with you, Okaydo. There was a dimension of reflecting on age and getting older in that loss.
bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

I'm with you, Okaydo. There was a dimension of reflecting on age and getting older in that loss.

If you guys think you qualify for "getting old" reflections, oh boy, are you in for a shock. I don't buy green bananas anymore.
sycasey
B.A. Bearacus said:

bearister said:

Hehe, yeah, I guess I'm an NFC guy so I have an AFC blind spot. That said, like you, I was rooting hard for the Raiders against the Pats on that snowy day in 2001. Little did I know that the organization and any semblance of excellence would die immediately after that play, never to be found again in Oakland or South Nevada.

Didn't they make the Super Bowl the next year?
B.A. Bearacus
Ah, yes. Perhaps more correct to say that they became a cursed organization after the Pats game. They got embarrassed by the Bucs the next year in the SB. I only have any impressionistic memory of the Raiders after Gannon peaked.

bearister
B.A.Bearacus, I have never been able to divert my eyes from a train wreck, so yes, I will watch the Vegas Raiders next year. I will also experience the luxury of emotional detachment. I will no longer be pi$$ed off for three days after an ugly loss.
Anarchistbear
This ain't no country for old QB's
sycasey
Anarchistbear said:

The flameout by Brees and the Saints was surprising, moreso than the Patriots who really have not looked good for more than a month.
Anarchistbear
sycasey said:

Anarchistbear said:

The flameout by Brees and the Saints was surprising, moreso than the Patriots who really have not looked good for more than a month.

The annual flameout!
bearister
Anarchistbear said:

Anarchistbear
"I always figured when I got older, God would sorta come inta my life somehow. And He didn't. I don't blame Him. If I was Him I would have the same opinion of me that He does."

A perfect movie for our time. And a perfect quote for the Saints fans I am surrounded by, always seeking and rejecting divine intervention to spare them from their torment.

sycasey
Anarchistbear said:

sycasey said:

Anarchistbear said:

The annual flameout!
I mean, last year they legitimately should have won and got screwed. And the year before the defense blew it, not so much Brees.

But in this game they were just outplayed. Narrowly so, but definitely outplayed.
Yogi14
GBear4Life
bearister said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

If you're jilted and not a fan anymore, you were never a fan of the Raiders. You were (are) a fan of Oakland.
heartofthebear
What will they say,
if the Titans go all the way.
sycasey
GBear4Life said:

bearister said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

If you're jilted and not a fan anymore, you were never a fan of the Raiders. You were (are) a fan of Oakland.

Yes, most pro sports fans start following a given team because they play games in their area. And?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.