Pallets of billions in unmarked bills AND 130 tons of uranium for Iraq?

1,789 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by GBear4Life
bearlyamazing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What could go wrong?

And before you all do your usual deal and rush to discredit the guy who tweeted this out, he's quoting an AP story.

Is this type of thing you all on the left are comfortable with? Outrage at telephone game accusations of quid pro quo from Trump but no problem with actions of real consequence that could easily threaten the world's security for decades to come?
Yogi14
Natsec Advisor for @SenTedCruz

LOLOLOLOLOL
bearlyamazing
Professor Turgeson Bear said:

Natsec Advisor for @SenTedCruz

LOLOLOLOLOL

Quoting an AP story. LOLOLOLOL.

The left is so predictable. Rather than dealing with the facts, try to discredit the messenger. Are you saying the AP is a tool of the right? I don't think so.

In Kerry's own words.
Yogi14
Why don't you go ahead and post the link to that AP story
sycasey
It's a real story, but he sure did cherry-pick the worst sounding part of it.

https://apnews.com/db5a8d6cad764c208322939ed84a0d49

This was part of a deal worked out under the nuclear agreement and approved by five other US allies. Unless there is further evidence of wrongdoing or impropriety it seems like a big nothing.
bearlyamazing
sycasey said:

This was part of a deal worked out under the nuclear agreement and approved by five other US allies. Unless there is further evidence of wrongdoing or impropriety it seems like a big nothing.
Giving a fanatical/tyranical government like Iran's 130 tons of uranium, which is enough for 10 nukes, is NEVER a big nothing. At best, it's the height of stupidity, naivete and irresponsibility. If Trump did it, I'd be livid.
sycasey
bearlyamazing said:

sycasey said:

Giving a fanatical/tyranical government like Iran's 130 tons of uranium, which is enough for 10 nukes, is NEVER a big nothing. At best, it's the height of stupidity, naivete and irresponsibility. If Trump did it, I'd be livid.

If they kept adhering to the terms of the nuclear agreement and allowed UN inspections to confirm such, then it seems fine to me.

You know who pulled out of that agreement? Trump. Now Iran definitely won't stick to the terms.
bearlyamazing
sycasey said:

bearlyamazing said:

sycasey said:

If they kept adhering to the terms of the nuclear agreement and allowed UN inspections to confirm such, then it seems fine to me.

You know who pulled out of that agreement? Trump. Now Iran definitely won't stick to the terms.
Seriously? They repeatedly violated the agreement, which is why Trump pulled us out of it. And if giving Iran 130 tons of uranium was part of the original deal, Obama was out of his mind for agreeing to it. You don't give a hostile regime that lives by the credo Death To America ANYTHING that could lead to the annihilation of millions of people. Are you kidding me? Do you hate Trump so much that you'd back the idea that it was a smart thing to do?

It was criminally-negligent for the safety of our country.
sycasey
bearlyamazing said:

sycasey said:

bearlyamazing said:

sycasey said:

Seriously? They repeatedly violated the agreement, which is why Trump pulled us out of it.

https://www.politifact.com/georgia/statements/2017/jun/14/karen-handel/iran-complying-nuclear-deal-yes-small-hiccups/
Unit2Sucks
Yes, I feel much safer with Trump navigating us on the brink of war with Iran without any support from allies than I did with Obama's multi-lateral deal with international buy in. My kids said it was Opposite Day.

I am hopeful that between Trump's weakness and Iran's hesitance to engage in war we will manage to avoid one. The fact that Trump is a feckless bully who doesn't realize his idle threats are more likely to provoke conflict than scare anyone is an unfortunate risk factor and yet completely predictable. Here's hoping actual world leaders will continue to advocate for prudence behind the scenes. I assume that everyone is just content to wait until November at which point they can start dealing with grownups again.
Yogi14
bearlyamazing said:

sycasey said:

Take it up with our allies
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

Yes, I feel much safer with Trump navigating us on the brink of war with Iran.

I am hopeful that between Iran's weakness and Trump's hesitance to engage in war we will manage to avoid one. The fact that Iran is a feckless bully who doesn't realize his idle threats are more likely to provoke conflict than scare anyone is an unfortunate risk factor and yet completely predictable. Here's hoping actual world leaders will continue to advocate for prudence behind the scenes.

Fixed it for you.
calpoly
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Yes, I feel much safer with Trump navigating us on the brink of war with Iran.

I am hopeful that between Iran's weakness and Trump's hesitance to engage in war we will manage to avoid one. The fact that Iran is a feckless bully who doesn't realize his idle threats are more likely to provoke conflict than scare anyone is an unfortunate risk factor and yet completely predictable. Here's hoping actual world leaders will continue to advocate for prudence behind the scenes.

Fixed it for you.
Only in you fantasy world.
Cal88
The Iran Deal was one of the few clear positives from the Obama tenure.
BearChemist
Another example of barelyamazing starting a thread that ends up blowing up in his face.
bearlyamazing
BearChemist said:

Another example of barelyamazing starting a thread that ends up blowing up in his face.
Blew up in my face? You absolute clown. You still turn a blind eye to horrible actions like this because it was done by your own party. And it's pathetic.
AunBear89
bearlyamazing said:

BearChemist said:

Blew up in my face? You absolute clown. You still turn a blind eye to horrible actions like this because it was done by your own party. And it's pathetic.

Irony...
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
GBear4Life
Are these the same allies that signed off on Iran leading the Council of Women's Rights?

I don't have a strong view on the Iran deal one way or the other -- I see the validity of both sides of it. My sense of it is that our allies don't want to upset the apple cart with Iran, happy to see them agree to restrictions. I don't think anybody should be worried about upsetting Iran. Numerous countries could turn them into a speck of dust with one flip of the switch if they step out of line, and they need to be reminded of this constantly until they fall in line to our satisfaction. They need to heed our terms, not the other way around. We run sh*t. They just live there, to quote Denzel.
GBear4Life
Unit2Sucks said:

Yes, I feel much safer with Trump navigating us on the brink of war with Iran without any support from allies than I did with Obama's multi-lateral deal with international buy in. My kids said it was Opposite Day.

I am hopeful that between Trump's weakness and Iran's hesitance to engage in war we will manage to avoid one. The fact that Trump is a feckless bully who doesn't realize his idle threats are more likely to provoke conflict than scare anyone is an unfortunate risk factor and yet completely predictable. Here's hoping actual world leaders will continue to advocate for prudence behind the scenes. I assume that everyone is just content to wait until November at which point they can start dealing with grownups again.
Why are you so afraid of conflict? We could end Iran overnight. Reasonableness is good but Iran is not in a position to ask others to give ground. We are. Like with any relationship, a line in the sand has to be drawn somewhere, or you just end up receding to the point where not only do you lose leverage but nobody fears you. We decide where that line is drawn. Not them. There are limits to tolerance and appeasement just as there are limits to ultimatums.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.