Coronavirus vs Trump

23,766 Views | 739 Replies | Last: 24 min ago by Big C
dimitrig
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearlyamazing said:

There are also people here and lots in the country who wanted a recession that would've been disastrous for millions of Americans living paycheck to paycheck as a necessary evil for the greater good of getting rid of Trump.

Let's be honest here.

Whether we want one or not we are going to get one.
Unit2Sucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearlyamazing said:

I'm sure he's exasperated by some of the things Trumps says and does but he also recognizes that under it all, he just wants to get things done, not just to make himself look good (even though he likes to do that, too, whether in response to criticism or just plain vanity)


The only people who want Fauci fired are the kind of people oblivious to the last 5 years of Trump. I would guess they are also the sort of people who are more likely to believe that Trump is more interested in getting "things done" than looking good.

It is truly amazing that people could see roughly the same facts for this long and come to completely different conclusions based primarily on whether they watch Fox News or not, but that's where we are as a nation.
bearlyamazing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Unit2Sucks said:

bearlyamazing said:

I'm sure he's exasperated by some of the things Trumps says and does but he also recognizes that under it all, he just wants to get things done, not just to make himself look good (even though he likes to do that, too, whether in response to criticism or just plain vanity)

The only people who want Fauci fired are the kind of people oblivious to the last 5 years of Trump. I would guess they are also the sort of people who are more likely to believe that Trump is more interested in getting "things done" than looking good.

It is truly amazing that people could see roughly the same facts for this long and come to completely different conclusions based primarily on whether they watch Fox News or not, but that's where we are as a nation.
There you go again with the Fox News boogeyman. I don't watch Fox News. I read a wide range of right, center and left stories and listen to podcasts but never the crazy stuff like InfoWars.

You're in denial. If you're like most on the left, you get virtually all of your news from the MSM or the left and just don't see what's going on out there.

Do you have any conservative friends? I mean people you're still friends with?
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearlyamazing said:

sycasey said:

bearlyamazing said:

There are also people here and lots in the country who wanted a recession that would've been disastrous for millions of Americans living paycheck to paycheck as a necessary evil for the greater good of getting rid of Trump.

Let's be honest here.

I'm sure there are SOME people who think so. It's a big country.

There is no significant percentage of the population who WANTS a recession, though. This group is not worth worrying about.
There are SOME people who have spoken out about it very publicly and they're not people down in their mom's basement. It's more than just a few.

This was just one of many:


Congratulations, you found one guy and it's a comedian who may have been kidding.
bearlyamazing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm sure I could search the bowels of this board and find many more examples along with the many hilarious posts and threads about how each new fake scandal was going to take Trump down.

Talk about endless hours of entertainment. Almost better than watching the best of Rachel Madcow breathless bombshell hoax shows.
BearChemist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So you are one of the deplorables, got it.
BearChemist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dear Leader cannot resist showing off his thoughtfulness.

okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Go!Bears
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sycasey said:

bearlyamazing said:

There are also people here and lots in the country who wanted a recession that would've been disastrous for millions of Americans living paycheck to paycheck as a necessary evil for the greater good of getting rid of Trump.

Let's be honest here.

I'm sure there are SOME people who think so. It's a big country.

There is no significant percentage of the population who WANTS a recession, though. This group is not worth worrying about.
I think you are wrong there. I have personally seen hundreds of straw men.
Unit2Sucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearlyamazing said:

Unit2Sucks said:

bearlyamazing said:

I'm sure he's exasperated by some of the things Trumps says and does but he also recognizes that under it all, he just wants to get things done, not just to make himself look good (even though he likes to do that, too, whether in response to criticism or just plain vanity)

The only people who want Fauci fired are the kind of people oblivious to the last 5 years of Trump. I would guess they are also the sort of people who are more likely to believe that Trump is more interested in getting "things done" than looking good.

It is truly amazing that people could see roughly the same facts for this long and come to completely different conclusions based primarily on whether they watch Fox News or not, but that's where we are as a nation.
There you go again with the Fox News boogeyman. I don't watch Fox News. I read a wide range of right, center and left stories and listen to podcasts but never the crazy stuff like InfoWars.

You're in denial. If you're like most on the left, you get virtually all of your news from the MSM or the left and just don't see what's going on out there.

Do you have any conservative friends? I mean people you're still friends with?


What am I in denial about?

I know plenty of conservatives. I'm center right myself but have always been eyes wide open to Trump's buffoonery (being charitable here). If you don't think Fox News viewership is a major factor in perceptions of Trump, you should look at polling. The fact that you don't watch Fox News but still approve of Trump puts you in a very small and special minority. So congratulations on that.

Simply put, we have ample evidence that Trump's primary motivators are adulation and whatever he believes to be in his short-term interests and no evidence that he acts in the medium or long-term interests of the country.

I can't wait until he's ejected from the Republican Party and all you people pretend like you never fell for his **** or believed a word he said. As I've mentioned previously the next few decades will be full of movies about his malfeasance (much like my childhood was filled with Vietnam war movies) and it will be impossible for the right wing media to hide all of his misconduct the way they currently do.

This tweet is a perfect example of who Trump really is and what his priorities are:

bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rupert Murdoch Put His Son in Charge of Fox. It Was a Dangerous Mistake.


https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/22/business/coronavirus-fox-news-lachlan-murdoch.html
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/03/22/business/coronavirus-fox-news-lachlan-murdoch.amp.html

" There, for two crucial weeks in late February and early March, powerful Fox hosts talked about the "real" story of the coronavirus: It was a Democratic- and media-led plot against President Donald J. Trump. Hosts and guests, speaking to Fox's predominantly elderly audience, repeatedly played down the threat of what would soon become a deadly pandemic."

" Critics sometimes compare Fox, in its loyalty to Trump, to "state TV," but that description is off. State TV implies command and control. The most-watched news channel in America has become, since the fall of its powerful founder, Roger Ailes, much more like the Trump White House: a family business where it's not entirely clear who is in charge."

" "People act like Fox is a virus beyond our control," said Bill Kristol, who worked for the Murdochs for 15 years and appeared on Fox until 2012. "There are people who run it, who have responsibility for it, and they could be held accountable."
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bearlyamazing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The story's behind a paywall so I can't see it but taking the word of the NY Times and a RINO like Krystol for anything approaching objectivity is ridiculous. And I know enough about what guys like Hannity and Carlson say from youtube clips to know that Fox News putting out a narrative that the COVID-19 pandemic was just a democratic plot is simply nonsense. Many conservatives, including people like them, said the left and the media were doing everything they could to use it against him. There's a big difference there and they know it. And of course, it's true, too. I can't count how many times I've read or heard that this crisis will be Trump's undoing in the 2020 election. And the fact that his popularity in the polls has increased is driving the left crazy. Then we hear the yeah, but he should be even more popular! Give me a break.
Big C
How long do you want to ignore this user?

With COVID cases beginning to soar in some purple states (Michigan, Florida, Pennsylvania) and some red states (Louisiana, Texas), early April is going to be pretty bad timing for Trump to be talking about people getting back to work.
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"... early April is going to be pretty bad timing for tRump to be talking."
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
NYCGOBEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We all know Trump doesn't think strategically or even one minute into the future. He wants the stock market up now. He's in for a rude awakening. No BS is gonna safe him or us now.
BearChemist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RWNJs will continue beat the Obama straw man and willingly ignore the elephant in the room (read: buffoon in the White House).


dimitrig
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Meanwhile, Prince Charles has tested positive.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-52033845

Maybe Trump will change his mind when he tests positive, too. I suspect it could be any day now!

calpoly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearChemist said:

RWNJs will continue beat the Obama straw man and willingly ignore the elephant in the room (read: buffoon in the White House).



It's always just about him!
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dimitrig said:


Meanwhile, Prince Charles has tested positive.



....as an anxious world looks on...
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yes


going4roses
How long do you want to ignore this user?


bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
going4roses said:






I hope all the members of the extended tRump Crime Family have front row seats with the fat sweaty shedders...but I suspect they will be deep in the bowels of the Cheyenne Mountain Complex doing crafts with their spawn.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
dimitrig
How long do you want to ignore this user?
going4roses said:





I hope Leykis winds up in the ICU with COVID-19, but doesn't die so that he can live to tell the tale to his stupid supporters until the end of his days.
chazzed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-coronavirus-briefings-really-094502156.html
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?




No greater love hath Trump than to lay down your life for his re-election


https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/25/donald-trump-coronavirus-response-richard-wolffe?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

" Mr President, it might come as a shock to you but we are currently suffering from a viral case of instability, and you are one of its hotspots."
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
prospeCt
How long do you want to ignore this user?




BearForce2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Democrats are putting all their hopes on a virus.


BearForce2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearForce2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?


Counselor Melton, 1969:

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?

prospeCt
How long do you want to ignore this user?


"The second wave of the 1918 pandemic was much deadlier than the first. The first wave had resembled typical flu epidemics; those most at risk were the sick and elderly, while younger, healthier people recovered easily. By August, when the second wave began in France, Sierra Leone, and the United States,[89] the virus had mutated to a much deadlier form. October 1918 was the deadliest month of the whole pandemic.[90]

This increased severity has been attributed to the circumstances of the First World War.[91] In civilian life, natural selection favors a mild strain. Those who get very ill stay home, and those mildly ill continue with their lives, preferentially spreading the mild strain. In the trenches, natural selection was reversed. Soldiers with a mild strain stayed where they were, while the severely ill were sent on crowded trains to crowded field hospitals, spreading the deadlier virus. The second wave began, and the flu quickly spread around the world again. Consequently, during modern pandemics, health officials pay attention when the virus reaches places with social upheaval (looking for deadlier strains of the virus).[92]

The fact that most of those who recovered from first-wave infections had become immune showed that it must have been the same strain of flu. This was most dramatically illustrated in Copenhagen, which escaped with a combined mortality rate of just 0.29% (0.02% in the first wave and 0.27% in the second wave) because of exposure to the less-lethal first wave.[93] For the rest of the population, the second wave was far more deadly; the most vulnerable people were those like the soldiers in the trenches adults who were young and fit.[94]

Devastated communities
Even in areas where mortality was low, so many adults were incapacitated that much of everyday life was hampered. Some communities closed all stores or required customers to leave orders outside. There were reports that healthcare workers could not tend the sick nor the gravediggers bury the dead because they too were ill. Mass graves were dug by steam shovel and bodies buried without coffins in many places"
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_flu

okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?

okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?

 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.