DNC keeps changing the rules to protect Biden

3,729 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by sycasey
dimitrig
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Professor Grubbly-Plank said:

dimitrig said:

Driving around my neighborhood (which has a lot of middle class suburban black residents) I see slews of Bernie Sanders signs and bumper stickers. I have seen a handful of Warren signs and even one Mayor Pete sign. I have yet to see a sign for any other Democratic candidates.

In particular, the absence of any Biden signs or stickers is pretty amazing. The next time I see one ANYWHERE will be the first time. I have even seen an old woman wearing a Trump button and car with a Trump bumper sticker (from a SF car dealer no less according to the license plate frame).

Of course, that is anecdotal and I don't know what is going on in other parts of the country but who are these people who are rallying around Biden? Other than Democratic Party leaders and his former opponents I don't really see it happening. Maybe it will happen when he selects a VP.
Other states and more rural parts of California, I'd expect.

Rural California is mostly pro-Trump.

Have you ever seen a Biden sign, sticker, button, etc? Just curious.

Yogi17
dimitrig said:

Professor Grubbly-Plank said:

dimitrig said:

Driving around my neighborhood (which has a lot of middle class suburban black residents) I see slews of Bernie Sanders signs and bumper stickers. I have seen a handful of Warren signs and even one Mayor Pete sign. I have yet to see a sign for any other Democratic candidates.

In particular, the absence of any Biden signs or stickers is pretty amazing. The next time I see one ANYWHERE will be the first time. I have even seen an old woman wearing a Trump button and car with a Trump bumper sticker (from a SF car dealer no less according to the license plate frame).

Of course, that is anecdotal and I don't know what is going on in other parts of the country but who are these people who are rallying around Biden? Other than Democratic Party leaders and his former opponents I don't really see it happening. Maybe it will happen when he selects a VP.
Other states and more rural parts of California, I'd expect.
Rural California is mostly pro-Trump.

Have you ever seen a Biden sign, sticker, button, etc? Just curious.
True, but to the extent that there are Biden Democrats, I'd expect them to be more likely to be in rural than suburban areas. Or old folks' homes, since Biden support is big with the older folks.

And no, the only time I've seen a Biden sticker is when Obama's name is also attached to it. Truth be told, I don't think many folks were planning to vote for him until he became the only Not Bernie option. Warren probably would have been the 2nd place finisher if not for that.

Heck, if not for mail-in ballots, Biden might even have won California as well since he would have probably taken all the Bloomberg votes.
BearlyCareAnymore
dimitrig said:

Voters.

If driving around my neighborhood meant anything, Clinton would have won the general election by a unanimous vote. Literally not only is there no indication of any Trump support, people who barely know each other will bring up that Trump is an idiot because they have no fear that the other person will disagree. Guess what? There are neighborhoods that are the opposite.

Signs mean squat. Votes count. Party leaders can't make votes magically appear.
dimitrig
OaktownBear said:

dimitrig said:

Voters.

If driving around my neighborhood meant anything, Clinton would have won the general election by a unanimous vote. Literally not only is there no indication of any Trump support, people who barely know each other will bring up that Trump is an idiot because they have no fear that the other person will disagree. Guess what? There are neighborhoods that are the opposite.

Obviously you aren't going to see a lot of Trump support in some areas.

However, Clinton DID win both the Dem nomination AND the popular vote!

I am not saying the lack of signs means there is a conspiracy. However, it is interesting that there is very little vocal, popular support for Biden in my community which is mostly Democrat and has a lot of older black middle class voters which are supposed to be his base.

I'm not really sure who his base is or if one even really exists.

sycasey
dimitrig said:

OaktownBear said:

dimitrig said:

Voters.

Obviously you aren't going to see a lot of Trump support in some areas.

However, Clinton DID win both the Dem nomination AND the popular vote!

I am not saying the lack of signs means there is a conspiracy. However, it is interesting that there is very little vocal, popular support for Biden in my community which is mostly Democrat and has a lot of older black middle class voters which are supposed to be his base.

I'm not really sure who his base is or if one even really exists.

And yet the votes are there for him, overwhelmingly so. And he leads pretty much all polls against Trump.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.