Nice site to view COVID-19 statistics

1,565 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Yogi02
dimitrig
How long do you want to ignore this user?

They have every nation and every state including per capita figures:

https://covidly.com
Cal88
The Financial Times has a good page as well, including this useful comparative chart that is updated regularly:

https://www.ft.com/coronavirus-latest
Big C
Cal88, do you think China might have under-attributed deaths to COVID-19, for political reasons? Or how else might you explain it?
Cal88
I think they probably have grossly underreported the number of dead in Wuhan early on back in January, but have been keeping a good count since then. I don't know anyone in Wuhan, but their dismantling of a giant temporary covid19 hospital in Wuhan is a definite sign that they're well beyond the peak there.

So basically they probably lied about the scale of their Wuhan death curve, but not its shape. That orange curve should probably be tracing above the burgundy Lombardy curve, leveling off around the 10,000 range rather than the 3,000 range. But the key takeaway here is that the shape of their curve is real, which means they've managed to get by the worst stage.

It seems like people are going about their normal business in megacities like Shenzhen and Shanghai, everybody wearing masks, some social distancing, but they're still going to work and eating out from what I've been hearing.
Yogi02
Big C said:

Cal88, do you think China might have under-attributed deaths to COVID-19, for political reasons? Or how else might you explain it?
You went to the right source. Nobody else on this board understands false information better than Cal88.
heartofthebear
17 year old kid in Seattle started working on this website back in January.
He's still improving it.
https://covid19stats.live/
bearister
Germany's low coronavirus mortality rate intrigues experts

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/22/germany-low-coronavirus-mortality-rate-puzzles-experts?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Cal88
Professor Harold Hill said:

Big C said:

You went to the right source. Nobody else on this board understands false information better than Cal88.

If you were just a bit less obtuse Yogi, you would understand that this is a compliment. The ability to understand false information is indeed an important cognitive skill.

BearlyCareAnymore
Cal88 said:

I think they probably have grossly underreported the number of dead in Wuhan early on back in January, but have been keeping a good count since then. I don't know anyone in Wuhan, but their dismantling of a giant temporary covid19 hospital in Wuhan is a definite sign that they're well beyond the peak there.

So basically they probably lied about the scale of their Wuhan death curve, but not its shape. That orange curve should probably be tracing above the burgundy Lombardy curve, leveling off around the 10,000 range rather than the 3,000 range. But the key takeaway here is that the shape of their curve is real, which means they've managed to get by the worst stage.

It seems like people are going about their normal business in megacities like Shenzhen and Shanghai, everybody wearing masks, some social distancing, but they're still going to work and eating out from what I've been hearing.
I think you are right about this. I am no expert in China, but I know a little more than people who just throw up their hands and say you can't trust anything. Not considering Wuhan in analysis would be a grave mistake. China does not behave like the Iraqi Information Minister. They make cases that are at least believable to their people partially because their people do question what they say. There is kind of a tacit agreement between the government and the people - the government can misrepresent up to X% and the people will quietly roll their eyes and let them do it. You push it too far and unrest ensues. And that "too far" is basically - your liies are fundamentally impacting my life. They could not hide Wuhan. I would have said the same thing you did. They probably underreported throughout by 50% to 2/3. But the basic shape of the pandemic there is probably pretty accurate.
Yogi02
Cal88 said:

Big C said:

If you were just a bit less obtuse Yogi, you would understand that this is a compliment. The ability to understand false information is indeed an important cognitive skill.
Unfortunately for you, we all possess that skill which is why we ignore so many of your posts
Cal88

Cal88 said:

Big C said:

Unfortunately for you, we all possess that skill which is why we ignore so many of your posts
Well according to your own post above, "nobody understands it better" than me.

The kind of "skill" you're displaying here, of being a total d0uche, is what has gotten a very reasonable and benevolent mod like our late Greybear to get rid of you. You're more toxic than a used Wuhan tampon floating in a bat soup.

bearister
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Yogi02
Cal88 said:

Cal88 said:

Big C said:

Well according to your own post above, "nobody understands it better" than me.

The kind of "skill" you're displaying here, of being a total d0uche, is what has gotten a very reasonable and benevolent mod like our late Greybear to get rid of you. You're more toxic than a used Wuhan tampon floating in a bat soup.
That may be true, but at least I've never referenced Judith Curry.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.