Fox News

15,722 Views | 198 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by concordtom
Yogi04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sycasey said:

Silly me, I always considered the Republicans more responsible for electing Trump since they, y'know, voted for him.
When you give people two ****ty options, they are going to pick one ****ty option. It just might not be the one you think is ****tier.

I held my nose and voted for Hillary in 2016. This one is one you establishment Dems and you'll get no help from the progressives. Now you'll see just how truly minority your little centrist party is.
sycasey
Professor Henry Higgins said:

sycasey said:

Silly me, I always considered the Republicans more responsible for electing Trump since they, y'know, voted for him.
When you give people two ****ty options, they are going to pick one ****ty option. It just might not be the one you think is ****tier.

I held my nose and voted for Hillary in 2016. This one is one you establishment Dems and you'll get no help from the progressives. Now you'll see just how truly minority your little centrist party is.

I voted for Sanders in the primary both times and would consider myself a progressive. I also recognize that the "centrist" Dem would be much better for progressive interests than Trump and will vote as such in the general.
Go!Bears

sycasey said:

I'm sorry, we were given a bad choice and a REALLY bad choice. Only idiots chose the REALLY bad choice. Dems did not make it easy, but the candidacy of the REALLY bad choice is on R's. They too could have offered us a just a bad choice. (Sanders voter)
GBear4Life
sycasey said:

You are being silly, because that's not what anybody was asserting. They are merely complicit in some of their actions.
GBear4Life
sycasey said:

I voted for Sanders in the primary both times and would consider myself a progressive. I also recognize that the "centrist" Dem would be much better for progressive interests than Trump and will vote as such in the general.
This is what the oligarchic, feudal two-party system banks on. Not criticizing you, it's sensible and tactful logic. But I think the anger Professor has is a rejection of this while the practical rationalists being pacified by this kind of practical short term logic is perpetuating the current system to continue and thrive.
Yogi04
GBear4Life said:

sycasey said:

This is what the oligarchic, feudal two-party system banks on. Not criticizing you, it's sensible and tactful logic. But I think the anger Professor has is a rejection of this while the practical rationalists being pacified by this kind of practical short term logic is perpetuating the current system to continue and thrive.
Hell has frozen over again
sycasey
GBear4Life said:

sycasey said:

I would argue that what the oligarchy wants EVEN MORE is for progressive people to sit out elections because they are angry about not getting their preferred candidate.
Unit2Sucks
Go!Bears said:

sycasey said:

I'm sorry, we were given a bad choice and a REALLY bad choice. Only idiots chose the REALLY bad choice. Dems did not make it easy, but the candidacy of the REALLY bad choice is on R's. They too could have offered us a just a bad choice. (Sanders voter)
It's not as if there weren't 17 Republicans running for the nomination. Republicans went out of their way to choose the worst candidate in history and then blame Democrats for their idiotic choice. Personal responsibility, indeed.
Yogi04
sycasey said:

GBear4Life said:

sycasey said:

I would argue that what the oligarchy wants EVEN MORE is for progressive people to sit out elections because they are angry about not getting their preferred candidate.
Sometimes the best choice you have is which group of entitled *******s you want to punish. And since regardless of which person wins the presidency, the oligarchy will win no matter what, I'm going with punishing the Democratic Party who desperate wants a centrist virtue signalling president like Obama in power and punishing Republicans in the House of Representatives and the Senate.
GBear4Life
sycasey said:

GBear4Life said:

sycasey said:

I totally agree.
GBear4Life

sycasey said:

GBear4Life said:

sycasey said:

Sometimes the best choice you have is which group of entitled *******s you want to punish. And since regardless of which person wins the presidency, the oligarchy will win no matter what, I'm going with punishing the Democratic Party who desperate wants a centrist virtue signalling president like Obama in power and punishing Republicans in the House of Representatives and the Senate.
Again, this is logical long term thinking, but it's not tactful. I don't know how we demolish the two-party system and eliminate the gatekeeping conflicts of interest in electoral politics. But I do know it needs to be destroyed.
dajo9
You guys are flipping nuts if you think Fox News and MSNBC are equivalent. MSNBC has 4 hours of daily programming from former Republicans. Another 2 hours from people who spent all of 2016 attacking Clinton (Mitchell and Matthews - until recently). And the people like Stephanie Ruhle who come from Wall Street.

What MSNBC gives you is a prime time evening of center-left news and opinion, which is presented with factual accuracy.

But as left as Fox News is right? You've got to be kidding me? Did you see the MSNBC coverage when it looked like Sanders would win? It was downright despondent. And as has been said, Fox News will downright lie to you. MSNBC will not.

If you think Fox News and MSNBC are equivalent your critical thinking is broken
American Vermin
sycasey

sycasey said:

GBear4Life said:

sycasey said:

And I think expecting that losing the Presidency will be good for Democrats downballot in the House and Senate is an absolute pipe dream. It flies in the face of decades of electoral history.

I'm sure you're dug in, so I don't expect to convince you otherwise. But that is why I'm entirely comfortable voting for a different Democrat who was not my first choice, especially if the alternative is Trump.
GBear4Life
dajo9 said:

What MSNBC gives you is a prime time evening of center-left news and opinion, which is presented with factual accuracy...

...If you think Fox News and MSNBC are equivalent your critical thinking is broken
LOL, google "MSNBC lies"

https://www.google.com/search?q=msnbc+lies&rlz=1C1GCEA_enUS795US795&oq=msnbc+lies&aqs=chrome..69i57j46j0l5.2431j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
GBear4Life
Unit2Sucks said:

Go!Bears said:

It's not as if there weren't 17 Republicans running for the nomination. Republicans went out of their way to choose the worst candidate in history and then blame Democrats for their idiotic choice. Personal responsibility, indeed.
Why do you keep objecting to an argument nobody is making?
dajo9
GBear4Life said:

dajo9 said:

What MSNBC gives you is a prime time evening of center-left news and opinion, which is presented with factual accuracy...

...If you think Fox News and MSNBC are equivalent your critical thinking is broken
LOL, google "MSNBC lies"

https://www.google.com/search?q=msnbc+lies&rlz=1C1GCEA_enUS795US795&oq=msnbc+lies&aqs=chrome..69i57j46j0l5.2431j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I'm going to go ahead and take the weakness of your link as vindication of my point
American Vermin
Anarchistbear
Well if you actually believe Trump conspired with Putin like Dajo than the msnbc non stop hysteria would be regarded as factual.
GBear4Life
dajo9 said:

GBear4Life said:

dajo9 said:

LOL, google "MSNBC lies"

I'm going to go ahead and take the weakness of your link as vindication of my point
That's how you take all retorts to your partisan hyperbole. Everything is a vindication of your perspective.
Go!Bears
GBear4Life said:

dajo9 said:

GBear4Life said:

dajo9 said:

LOL, google "MSNBC lies"

That's how you take all retorts to your partisan hyperbole. Everything is a vindication of your perspective.
No, the link is weak. Is that really all you have? Half the hits are not even about lies MSNBC told. And then there is the whopper about Sanders speech. That is a BIG one... Seriously? LOL indeed
BearForce2
Go!Bears said:

sycasey said:

Don't be sorry, Trump was the best choice, and you had a part in making it happen, congratulations.

bearister
A lot of people I respect thought HRC was a good choice for POTUS (Obama, Leon Panetta, Gen. Stanley McChrystal, and many others on the list below).
Please list people you respect that supported tRump's bid for POTUS in 2016.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Hillary_Clinton_2016_presidential_campaign_endorsements
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Yogi04
bearister said:

A lot of people I respect thought HRC was a good choice for POTUS (Obama, Leon Panetta, Gen. Stanley McChrystal, and many others on the list below).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Hillary_Clinton_2016_presidential_campaign_endorsements
Presidential endorsements are by and large meaningless. A lot of politicians endorse the presumptive nominee once victory is all but assured. It takes political courage to endorse someone who is not a household name early on.
Californium
GBear4Life said:

Again, this is logical long term thinking, but it's not tactful. I don't know how we demolish the two-party system and eliminate the gatekeeping conflicts of interest in electoral politics. But I do know it needs to be destroyed.
If you mean it is logical to want to demolish the 2 party system and bring some sanity to our process of choosing our government, I agree. But I think the idea that you should chode who you want to punish is the big problem in this decision making process. Sanders supporters wanted to punish the centrist Hillary supporters for "stealing" the nomination. We don't know the exact factor that led to Trump's win. Let's assume that if all Sanders supporters in battleground states voted for Hillary, show would have won, but she didn't and so they achieved their aim of "punishing" the hillary supporters.

WHo really got punished? Women, minorities, working class people. All the groups the Trump administration doesn't care about that Sanders does (and supposedly his supporters do also).

Now let's say Bernie were to make an incredible comeback, take the democratic nomination and win the presidency in November. He will be hampered by a supreme court stacked with justices opposed to progressive ideals, many other federal courts stacked with Trump nominated judges, an economic situation that will go from bad to worse as the bills come due, a legion of silly little damages that ought to be undone (example national parks opened up for exploitation by private industry). Maybe the entitled ******** who supported Hillary got punished, but I contend that we, the people, got punished even more.

I think it is a mistake to want to punish people with your political choices. At each stage the choice should be the best (or the least crappy, when that's all there is) one available. If you are so pissed off that you end up hurting the people you are supposedly trying to help, then I don't think you are making good decisions, irrespective of whether or not you are "right"
GBear4Life
Californium said:

GBear4Life said:

If you mean it is logical to want to demolish the 2 party system and bring some sanity to our process of choosing our government, I agree. But I think the idea that you should chode who you want to punish is the big problem in this decision making process. Sanders supporters wanted to punish the centrist Hillary supporters for "stealing" the nomination. We don't know the exact factor that led to Trump's win. Let's assume that if all Sanders supporters in battleground states voted for Hillary, show would have won, but she didn't and so they achieved their aim of "punishing" the hillary supporters.
I posted that I agree. The voters are between a rock and a hard place. They have little control over who enters the process

Quote:

WHo really got punished? Women, minorities, working class people. All the groups the Trump administration doesn't care about that Sanders does (and supposedly his supporters do also).
Give me a break. This identity politics game hurts the Left's ability to win elections more than anything else.

Quote:

I think it is a mistake to want to punish people with your political choices. At each stage the choice should be the best (or the least crappy, when that's all there is) one available. If you are so pissed off that you end up hurting the people you are supposedly trying to help, then I don't think you are making good decisions, irrespective of whether or not you are "right"
Agreed. If you like a candidate like Bernie so much, presumably Trump is a bad candidate in that person's view and worse than any Dem nominee, so why sulk and stay home?
kelly09

sycasey said:

GBear4Life

sycasey said:

I don't understand what somebody with your perspective attempts to accomplish by not voting in protest, ergo push the election in theoretical favor of the Republican party you detest so much.
Yogi04
Californium said:

Tell that to Trump voters
bearister

May I suggest criminal trials in a soccer stadium followed by carrying out of sentence at mid field:

*Many of the thousands of old people on those cruises that can find no port rely on Fox News as the only place they can hear the "real" facts.
bearister
.....as mom and pop Fox News stalwarts continue to circle the seas on death ship cruises that they got aboard a couple of weeks ago:

Alarm, Denial, Blame: The Pro-Trump Media's Coronavirus Distortion - The New York Times

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/01/us/politics/hannity-limbaugh-trump-coronavirus.html

Our country is so hopelessly divided by hate, fear and ignorance that even this state of affairs will do nothing to discredit Fox News or tRump.
LMK5
bearister said:

Turn it inside out. Clinton lost the election because of the endorsements of people like Obama, etc. It might be hard to accept, but as the "most qualified candidate in presidential election history," who campaigned on continuing the Obama policies, her loss was a repudiation of the Obama years. Many, many people who voted for Obama voted for Trump--it's the only way she could have lost. There simply are not nearly enough Republicans and Robert E. Lee statue huggers in America to elect a Republican candidate on their own.
bobo808
LMK5 said:

bearister said:

Turn it inside out. Clinton lost the election because of the endorsements of people like Obama, etc. It might be hard to accept, but as the "most qualified candidate in presidential election history," who campaigned on continuing the Obama policies, her loss was a repudiation of the Obama years. Many, many people who voted for Obama voted for Trump--it's the only way she could have lost. There simply are not nearly enough Republicans and Robert E. Lee statue huggers in America to elect a Republican candidate on their own.
2016 Election Results:
Popular vote
Trump: 62,984,828
Clinton: 65,853,514
Percentage
Trump: 46.1%
Clinton: 48.2%

For some it seems that the electoral college wasn't a factor. "Repudiation" of the Obama years? "The only way she could've lost?"
bearister
Unless I missed it, no one has yet posted the list here of people they respect that supported tRump in 2016.

Fox isn't enough: Amid coronavirus crisis, Trump leans on a new media friend

https://news.yahoo.com/fox-isnt-enough-amid-coronavirus-160414949.html

"At Monday's press briefing, OAN's correspondent, Chanel Rion, seemingly went too far even for Trump, noting that the number of people who have died from the coronavirus was fewer than the number of fetuses killed in elective abortions and asking him to comment."
GBear4Life
A month ago

Liberal media: Who cares? Masks?..Are you kidding me? Waiter, another glass of Chardonnay, please.

Now:

Liberal Media: Can you believe the president didn't see this coming a month ago?
LMK5
bobo808 said:

LMK5 said:

bearister said:

2016 Election Results:
Popular vote
Percentage

For some it seems that the electoral college wasn't a factor. "Repudiation" of the Obama years? "The only way she could've lost?"
You need the votes where it counts as you very well know. The founders weren't stupid. Dig up the data on Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan, and Pennsylvania, where lots of the Dems base of "working people" is supposed to be. Those are the voters that flipped on Obama.
sycasey
LMK5 said:

bobo808 said:

LMK5 said:

bearister said:

2016 Election Results:
Popular vote
Percentage

You need the votes where it counts as you very well know. The founders weren't stupid. Dig up the data on Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan, and Pennsylvania, where lots of the Dems base of "working people" is supposed to be. Those are the voters that flipped on Obama.
I would have bet any amount of money that if Obama had been able to run against Trump he would have won. Those voters flipped because they didn't like Hillary.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.