More ridiculousness from California

23,226 Views | 218 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearForce2
BearForce2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
bear2034

Democrats, save us from the Democrats!

calpoly
oskirules said:

Democrats, save us from the Democrats!

Great! California is too crowded! Please leave and don't let the dorr hit you on the way out!
BearForce2
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
dimitrig
BearForce2 said:

They can try to move anything they want to.

A friend once worked for a large VFX company. They opened a campus in Central Florida for the same reason - to save costs.

Problem is, most of the VFX artists didn't want to move to Florida (and least not Central Florida) and the ones who did found other jobs back in LA and quit. They eventually closed the campus.

Florida is well-known for letting Disney get away with anything they want to up to so I am not surprised. I am glad California is not Florida in that regard.

sycasey
dimitrig said:

BearForce2 said:

They can try to move anything they want to.

A friend once worked for a large VFX company. They opened a campus in Central Florida for the same reason - to save costs.

Problem is, most of the VFX artists didn't want to move to Florida (and least not Central Florida) and the ones who did found other jobs back in LA and quit. They eventually closed the campus.

Florida is well-known for letting Disney get away with anything they want to up to so I am not surprised. I am glad California is not Florida in that regard.
As a Democrat I'm cool if some of these companies want to move to purple states and encourage people form California or New York to move out there. It will help make it easier for Democrats to win those states in the future. That's what happened in Arizona.

California's economy will continue to be fine, due to the natural advantages it has. New companies will easily fill in the vacated space left by the old ones.
BearForce2

A personal story.
smh
BearForce2 said:

twitter.com/dillonliam/status/1349122788028608514
A personal story.
reported by..
Quote:

Stephanie Lai was a 2020 intern for the Los Angeles Times. Hailing from Temecula, she previously covered Riverside County and the Inland Empire and is now focused on Orange County. Lai is an undergraduate student at Columbia University studying political science and serves as the news editor for her student paper, the Columbia Daily Spectator
things change..
Quote:

Kindler, 68, is retired after a career as an aerospace engineer..

And there were politics. Kindler, a Democrat in his youth, evolved into conservatism after graduate school. He was concerned about the increasingly progressive bent of Southern California, the rise in violent crime and the election of George Gascn as L.A. County District Attorney on promises to radically remake the criminal justice system.

"I don't see the quality of life improving, but prices will rise," Kindler said. "I feel like this state doesn't care about me."
# boo f'g hoo
dimitrig
BearForce2 said:

A personal story.

Seems like he did pretty well here.

BearForce2

https://www.ktvu.com/news/california-unemployment-fraud-could-top-9-8-billion

California unemployment fraud could top $9.8 billion.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.