More ridiculousness from California

23,513 Views | 218 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearForce2
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Unit2Sucks said:

LMK5 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

LMK5 said:

GBear4Life said:

Dude is so dishonest

Quote:

I think it's far too soon to fully understand the genesis and propagation of the looting. How much of it was instigated by antifa or far right groups (etc.) or far right groups masquerading as antifa?

Everybody's seen the same hours and hours of footage of the violence and looting. Straight up gaslighting here "the gensis and propagation of the looting" lmao
And the always handy: "Or there could be any other number of reasons."
Most people would point out that the biggest difference between Charlottesville and Floyd protests is that one side was marching to raise awareness of police brutality and the other is a bunch of white supremacists who don't think our country is racist enough.

But you aren't most people.
You think you're so safe in your multi-million dollar neighborhood. That's what the shop owners on Rodeo Drive thought too. Those thugs are a quick BMW ride to your block and believe me, they don't consider you to be one of their teammates. Showing them your posts on BI to burnish your lib credentials very likely won't do the trick. At that very point you will become a key donor to the Policemen's Benevolent Association and will change your handle to Unit2GotReal.
I have no idea what you are going on about at this point but it's quite apparent you haven't understood anything I've said.

I think we all know where you stand at this point and I've made my positions quite clear so I trust everyone other than you understands what's going on.

It's pretty clear which people here not only will NOT stand against a fascist military takeover if one were to happen . . . they will actively cheer it on.
dimitrig
sycasey said:

It's pretty clear which people here not only will NOT stand against a fascist military takeover if one were to happen . . . they will actively cheer it on.

They think that, like in 1930's Germany, they will be the ones to benefit instead of realizing there's a good chance their entire country will be a rubble pile by the end of it - if they are alive to see that.
Yogi3
Unit2Sucks said:

I continue to witness people whining about the difficulty of getting a haircut (which is possible in 47 out of 58 counties in the state), while COVID cases are on the rise and we are closing in on 4,000 people dead in Southern California alone.
https://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/10989936-181/sonoma-county-says-no-to

I think it's best if you pretend we never met, I already have. Thank you for your understanding.
smh
Lucas Lee said:

Unit2Sucks said:

I continue to witness people whining about the difficulty of getting a haircut (which is possible in 47 out of 58 counties in the state), while COVID cases are on the rise and we are closing in on 4,000 people dead in Southern California alone.
^^^ subscriber only link, darnit.

most recent clear text stumbled on was stale as well..
http://www.sonomawest.com/sonoma_west_times_and_news/news/county-health-officer-holds-the-line-despite-governor-s-ok-to-reopen-retail-businesses/article_30407500-9fca-11ea-a4b5-5beee1adbc4c.html
Quote:

According to Sonoma County Health Officer Dr. Sundari Mase, Sonoma County's current shelter-in-place order won't be amended to allow for the reopening of in-store retail shopping, barber shops or salons until the county has been able to examine data from the most recent shelter order changes (namely, allowing for outside dining).

As of Tuesday evening, May 26, the county had a total of 515 cases 289 of which are active, 222 are recovered and 5 deaths. In the past two weeks, the numbers have jumped significantly.

"We're doing intensive contact investigation and we've added 203 cases in the last 14 days that means we've added double the rate we were at two weeks ago," Mase said in a coronavirus town hall hosted by Northern California Public Media. "Part of it is definitely (because) we're doing a lot more intensive contact tracing in large groups."

be safe out there LL.
muting ~250 handles, turnaround is fair play
Yogi3
smh said:

Lucas Lee said:

Unit2Sucks said:

^^^ subscriber only link, darnit.
Sonoma County Health Officer Dr. Sundari Mase said Tuesday it is still too dangerous to reopen hair salons and barbershops that have been closed for 10 weeks during the coronavirus pandemic, a decision that left many salon owners baffled and dismayed.

"We do understand that safety is No. 1 with our clients. So we will continue to comply and follow orders," said Giselle Salazar, owner of the Color Bar Salon in Petaluma. "But I think as hairdressers there's a lot we can do to ensure sanitary conditions and take care of our clients. It's unfortunate that we're not getting the chance to do that."

Mase announced her decision only hours after Gov. Gavin Newsom gave Sonoma County and most other counties in the state permission to reopen local hair-cutting businesses. While she has often followed Newsom's lead on pandemic-related guidelines, Mase said she is not ready to phase in haircuts after examining local coronavirus infection rates, hospitalization numbers and continued PPE shortages in the county, among other red flags.

Mase has specific concerns with that line of work in a period of contagion.

"It's very close, one-on-one interaction between two people, for a prolonged period of time," she said. "It could be a half-hour, it could be three hours, as we all know. It's an indoor setting. There are often going to be smaller establishments that don't have a lot of air exchange."

Mase also noted that many hair customers use bathrooms and other common areas while waiting for their appointments.

"All of that makes it a little bit more risky," she said. "Which is why we want to see where our data is before we move toward opening indoor facilities like that."

Hairdressers are worried the OK sign will come too late. Salazar said she did not accept an SBA loan, fearing it would plunge her into debt. She is grateful to be receiving unemployment benefits.

"Still, it made it a challenge," she said. "I lease a condo in Rohnert Park. I don't get rent forgiveness. And I've got a shop that also doesn't get rent forgiveness. Now my savings are being drained."

Salazar worries, too, about her four employees. Some hair salons don't have employees at all, but rather operate on a commission basis, with hairdressers more or less renting space in chairs. Those workers have their own overhead trimming tools, shampoo supplies and, perhaps soon, personal protective equipment.

That's the case for Danielle Molkenbuhr, an independent contractor who cuts hair at Halo Salon in Santa Rosa. After a series of complications, she finally began getting unemployment checks three weeks ago. Once she gets to back to work, Molkenbuhr said, it will take her at least a couple months to recover from the lost wages.

"Because the thing is with my business, the second I walk in the door, I have to pay in advance for that month," she explained. "I'm already set back, because I didn't make any money the last month."

What vexes many stylists and people in adjacent industries, like manicurists and tattoo artists is that training in sanitary procedures is a prerequisite for the job.

"As hairdressers, we've spoken amongst each other, and we sometimes feel it's unfair that certain businesses are opening before us," Salazar said. "We go to school to learn about sanitation operations, even more than cutting hair."

When they do get back to the shop, haircutters will face an array of new guidelines aimed at preventing the spread of the coronavirus.

Newsom's office posted an extensive list (61 separate bulleted items) at the covid19.ca.gov website, developed in collaboration with the California Board of Barbering and Cosmetology.

They include things like face coverings for workers and clients, removal of magazines and "test" products, regular disinfecting of shears and clippers, frequent cleaning of barber chairs and shampoo bowls, and, of course, the now-customary 6 feet of social distancing.

RELATED STORIES

Sonoma County health officer: Don't expect another wave of business activity to resume this week

California allows reopening of some barbershops, hair salons

Some local cosmetologists frustrated by inability to reopen salons
Mase has at times moved more slowly than allowed by the state government. But she is in agreement with Newsom's specific recommendations in many sectors.

"I would advise that all businesses start looking at industry-specific mitigation measures, and start looking at the state," she said Tuesday. "If and when we do open up these areas, I doubt very much we would differ very much from the state in guidance. Everybody is agreeing that guidance is pretty good."

Local salon owners and employees insist they will be ready for the new regulations when allowed to resume.

"I've been prepared all along," Molkenbuhr said. "Personally I could start tomorrow."

Jeffery Tilton Jr., who co-owns Wash & Brushup Co. in Healdsburg, said he has stocked up on the necessary sanitization products, broken up the shop into separate stations for clients to move through and is planning to space out customers by keeping every other chair empty.

"Honestly, I went from thinking we'd have to use face shields I bought everyone two of them to hearing that it will be face masks," he said. "It already seems like a huge improvement. We're excited and ready, but we want to make sure it feels safe for everybody."

Not everyone shares Tilton's patience. Local hairdressers say they have received a constant torrent of phone calls from customers who are seeing a bit too much gray in the mirror or feeling a little shaggy around the ears and neck.

Some stylists also are aggravated at the slow pace.

"I feel I'm trained, and I can keep my clients safe," Molkenbuhr said. "I'm eager and ready to go back. It's just this fear-mongering that has made clients scared to come in. I don't want to come back to the shop to find I have no clients."

You can reach Phil Barber at 707-521-5263 or phil.barber@pressdemocrat.com. On Twitter @Skinny_Post.
Anarchistbear
Lmao, what these stylists need to do is grab some scissors head over to a demonstration with a few thousand people in close quarters, yelling and screaming with no masks, and practice their trade.
smh
ironically..
> phil.barber@pressdemocrat.com
BearForce2
BearNIt
BearForce2 said:

Because California is HARD! Whaaaaaaaaaaa!
BearForce2
BearNIt said:

It's because you keep electing her to do nothing.
BearNIt
BearForce2 said:

BearNIt said:

Does this mean you're leaving?
BearForce2
GBear4Life said:

BI made a fuss about a small group of old folks standing in front of a waffle house standing up for the "right to eat waffles" and a defiance towards social distancing , SIP and mask wearing.

Juxtapose that with the domestic terrorism going on and their responses to it. It'd be amusing if their approval and ambivalence towards such violence and anarchy wasn't resulting in so much harm.

Maybe we're giving the board too much credit and must remind them that it is NOT a logical or political inconsistency to A) unequivocally condemn violent riots and terrorism and B) believing in the SJW social-political ideology. They'd be wrong about the latter, but these two perspectives are not mutually exclusive. Holding position A does not in and of itself discredit holding position B.

BI lefties are waiting for the weekend to pass before they get back to the real issues at hand, the outrageous behavior of those people lining up at the Waffle House.
GBear4Life
Unit2Sucks said:

LMK5 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

LMK5 said:

GBear4Life said:

Dude is so dishonest

Quote:

I think it's far too soon to fully understand the genesis and propagation of the looting. How much of it was instigated by antifa or far right groups (etc.) or far right groups masquerading as antifa?

Everybody's seen the same hours and hours of footage of the violence and looting. Straight up gaslighting here "the gensis and propagation of the looting" lmao
And the always handy: "Or there could be any other number of reasons."
Most people would point out that the biggest difference between Charlottesville and Floyd protests is that one side was marching to raise awareness of police brutality and the other is a bunch of white supremacists who don't think our country is racist enough.

But you aren't most people.
You think you're so safe in your multi-million dollar neighborhood. That's what the shop owners on Rodeo Drive thought too. Those thugs are a quick BMW ride to your block and believe me, they don't consider you to be one of their teammates. Showing them your posts on BI to burnish your lib credentials very likely won't do the trick. At that very point you will become a key donor to the Policemen's Benevolent Association and will change your handle to Unit2GotReal.
I have no idea what you are going on about at this point but it's quite apparent you haven't understood anything I've said.

I think we all know where you stand at this point and I've made my positions quite clear so I trust everyone other than you understands what's going on.
He's pointing out what literally everybody here knows: you'd be singing a different tune when the anarchy you're pandering to arrives at your front door step.

In other words, he's pointing out the obvious: you are full of sh*t
GBear4Life
sycasey said:

You should stop talking about this, you've stupidly repeated over and over and over that the fascist government should take away all American firearms. I guess you expect the Resistance to stand at the front lines with their d*ck in one hand and a stapler in the other.

You're a fraud and hypocrite.
Eastern Oregon Bear
GBear4Life said:

sycasey said:

You should stop talking about this, you've stupidly repeated over and over and over that the fascist government should take away all American firearms. I guess you expect the Resistance to stand at the front lines with their d*ck in one hand and a stapler in the other.

Do you really think it will make a difference to the outcome if your Resistance militias are armed? The military will be mowing them down armed or unarmed. No matter, your dystopian Resistance wet dreams will never come to pass.
GBear4Life
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

GBear4Life said:

sycasey said:

Do you really think it will make a difference to the outcome if your Resistance militias are armed? The military will be mowing them down armed or unarmed. No matter, your dystopian Resistance wet dreams will never come to pass.
You misunderstand. Sycasey proposed a scenario of fascist military takeover and STANDING against it. l've never appealed to the "well regulated militia" argument when talking about a "right to bear arms".

In other words, the "dystopian Resistance" is not something I brought up or envision -- Sycasey did.

We'll chalk this misunderstanding up to you concerning yourself more to the messenger than the message.
sycasey

GBear4Life said:

sycasey said:

There are also lots of ways to resist a tyrannical government that do not involve armed conflict. In fact, those methods may actually be more effective.

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2019/02/why-nonviolent-resistance-beats-violent-force-in-effecting-social-political-change/
Yogi3
sycasey said:

GBear4Life said:

sycasey said:

There are also lots of ways to resist a tyrannical government that do not involve armed conflict. In fact, those methods may actually be more effective.
The best of which is pointing out all the dirty stuff Biden has been up to in the past and the dirty stuff he'll be supporting in the future to lay your hypocrisy bare.
smh
> ..resist..

dunno. the brutal struggle in Ukraine, even though the russian puppet eventually fled, came at huuge cost.
BearForce2
BearNIt said:

BearForce2 said:

BearNIt said:

Does this mean you're leaving?
BancroftBear93
BancroftBear93
Speaking of ridiculousness from California, I figured this was as good a place as any.

Cringe level 1000.
BearForce2
BancroftBear93 said:

Too funny, Schumer is such an idiot and New Yorkers vote him in year after year.
BearForce2
Nancy too.

BearForce2

Nancy and the Democrats were showing support for....Cameroon?
BearForce2
Trevor Noah Roasts Nancy Pelosi and Dems for Kente Cloth Fiasco

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trevor-noah-roasts-nancy-pelosi-and-democrats-for-donning-kente-cloths-to-honor-george-floyd

Leftists, if you don't personally own a Kente Cloth, get with the program.
sycasey
Wearing the kente cloth was dumb, no argument there.
Yogi3
By the way the long nightmare that is the shutdown of our economy is finally ending in supposed bastion of moral right-itude Sonoma County.

Got a haircut on Thursday and never was so happy about a haircut in my life. My favorite Mexican restaurant is open for indoor business again.

And now I'm going to go out there and lay the hypocrisy of this three month lockdown of our economy to bear right in the face of every last self-righteous pr!ck who told us it was necessary.
AunBear89
Said the self righteous pr!ck...
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
Big C
Lucas Lee said:

By the way the long nightmare that is the shutdown of our economy is finally ending in supposed bastion of moral right-itude Sonoma County.

Got a haircut on Thursday and never was so happy about a haircut in my life. My favorite Mexican restaurant is open for indoor business again.

And now I'm going to go out there and lay the hypocrisy of this three month lockdown of our economy to bear right in the face of every last self-righteous pr!ck who told us it was necessary.

What should we have done instead? No lockdown? Shorter lockdown? I could picture us having done an even-a-bit-more more-rigorous lockdown, but opening back up after six weeks or so, It was tough to figure out, especially as we were so unprepared.
GBear4Life
BearForce2 said:

Trevor Noah Roasts Nancy Pelosi and Dems for Kente Cloth Fiasco

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trevor-noah-roasts-nancy-pelosi-and-democrats-for-donning-kente-cloths-to-honor-george-floyd

Leftists, if you don't personally own a Kente Cloth, get with the program.
Noah is so cringe, unfunny and just untalented. If he, Don Lemon and Fredo were all on the same program I think my head would explode.
GBear4Life
sycasey said:

Wearing the kente cloth was dumb
Why was it dumb?
BearForce2
GBear4Life said:

sycasey said:

Why was it dumb?
Question of the year.
GBear4Life
BearForce2 said:

GBear4Life said:

sycasey said:

Why was it dumb?
Question of the year.
It was probably too tough a question to ask him
sycasey
BearForce2 said:

GBear4Life said:

sycasey said:

Why was it dumb?
Question of the year.

Wait, I'm agreeing with y'all and you still have to ask? Shouldn't you already know the answer?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.