More ridiculousness from California

6,201 Views | 180 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Matthew Patel
BearForce2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sycasey said:

BearForce2 said:

GBear4Life said:

sycasey said:

Wearing the kente cloth was dumb
Why was it dumb?
Question of the year.

Wait, I'm agreeing with y'all and you still have to ask? Shouldn't you already know the answer?
Don't know, what are your thoughts?
Lucas Lee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Big C said:

Lucas Lee said:

By the way the long nightmare that is the shutdown of our economy is finally ending in supposed bastion of moral right-itude Sonoma County.

Got a haircut on Thursday and never was so happy about a haircut in my life. My favorite Mexican restaurant is open for indoor business again.

And now I'm going to go out there and lay the hypocrisy of this three month lockdown of our economy to bear right in the face of every last self-righteous pr!ck who told us it was necessary.

What should we have done instead? No lockdown? Shorter lockdown? I could picture us having done an even-a-bit-more more-rigorous lockdown, but opening back up after six weeks or so, It was tough to figure out, especially as we were so unprepared.
Shorter lockdown
Garou
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearForce2 said:

GBear4Life said:

sycasey said:

Wearing the kente cloth was dumb
Why was it dumb?
Question of the year.
Big C
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Garou said:

BearForce2 said:

GBear4Life said:

sycasey said:

Wearing the kente cloth was dumb
Why was it dumb?
Question of the year.


I thought the story was, Pelosi went with it because the Congressional Black Caucus wanted to do it.
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Big C said:

Garou said:

BearForce2 said:

GBear4Life said:

sycasey said:

Wearing the kente cloth was dumb
Why was it dumb?
Question of the year.


I thought the story was, Pelosi went with it because the Congressional Black Caucus wanted to do it.

That is the story. Still a bad idea IMO. They should have known it would be taken that way.
blungld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
kelly09 said:

What's clear is the Left hates our country........always has.
When you start sloganeering, you have stopped thinking.

Virtue Signal, Politically Correct, "the Left hates our country," are not only nonsensical expressions that are pretty easy to breakdown as both logically and semantically false, they are lazy expressions that mean you do not actually have the words or original thought to express your point of view. They are dog whistles. Tribal attacks. And most of the time the usage is laughably self-incriminating rather than an actual poignant criticism.

Please demonstrate specifically how the Left have ALWAYS hated this country as opposed to specific groups of people on the left have taken specific positions against policies and injustice that you disagree with but they themselves believe make the country better precisely because they do "love" it. What does it actually mean to love or hate a country anyway? Hate the citizens, hate the land, hate the laws, hate the status quo, hate the things you care about?...Define your terms.

When a term like Black Lives Matter is used it is a name given to a core set of beliefs and a platform for action or policy. I despise the message of MAGA, but at least it is a clear set of principles and ideology (though ludicrously at the same owned and disowned by those proclaiming it). Those movements are not the same as saying "politically correct" or "the left hates America" which is not the name for an action or movement, it is propaganda, a right-wing bullet point that signifies a dirty mindless freight.
Not Me - Us
How long do you want to ignore this user?
blungld said:

kelly09 said:

What's clear is the Left hates our country........always has.
When you start sloganeering, you have stopped thinking.
https://medium.com/@raegandavis/the-ungodly-privilege-of-vote-blue-no-matter-who-5171630bed7c
BearForce2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
blungld said:

kelly09 said:

What's clear is the Left hates our country........always has.
When you start sloganeering, you have stopped thinking.

Virtue Signal, Politically Correct, "the Left hates our country," are not only nonsensical expressions that are pretty easy to breakdown as both logically and semantically false, they are lazy expressions that mean you do not actually have the words or original thought to express your point of view. They are dog whistles. Tribal attacks. And most of the time the usage is laughably self-incriminating rather than an actual poignant criticism.

Please demonstrate specifically how the Left have ALWAYS hated this country as opposed to specific groups of people on the left have taken specific positions against policies and injustice that you disagree with but they themselves believe make the country better precisely because they do "love" it. What does it actually mean to love or hate a country anyway? Hate the citizens, hate the land, hate the laws, hate the status quo, hate the things you care about?...Define your terms.

When a term like Black Lives Matter is used it is a name given to a core set of beliefs and a platform for action or policy. I despise the message of MAGA, but at least it is a clear set of principles and ideology (though ludicrously at the same owned and disowned by those proclaiming it). Those movements are not the same as saying "politically correct" or "the left hates America" which is not the name for an action or movement, it is propaganda, a right-wing bullet point that signifies a dirty mindless freight.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/why-the-left-is-consumed
-with-hate-1537723198

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FC288K/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

This is very obvious, not sure why you don't get it. It's probably because it's not debated and the left would not admit to it but they passionately hate the USA because it's in their DNA. How can you not hate a country that is:

systemically racist where police kill blacks
treats transgender people as second class citizens
in love with guns and violence
imperialistic and starting wars
capitalistic, an unfair system where the rich are getting richer
over-religious, shoving Christianity down our throats

Quote:

How did the American leftconceived to bring more compassion and justice to the worldbecome so given to hate? It began in the 1960s, when America finally accepted that slavery and segregation were profound moral failings. That acceptance changed America forever. It imposed a new moral imperative: America would have to show itself redeemed of these immoralities in order to stand as a legitimate democracy.

The genius of the left in the '60s was simply to perceive the new moral imperative, and then to identify itself with it. Thus the labor of redeeming the nation from its immoral past would fall on the left. This is how the left put itself in charge of America's moral legitimacy. The left, not the rightnot conservatismwould set the terms of this legitimacy and deliver America from shame to decency.
Quote:

Hatred is a transformative power. It can make the innocuous into the menacing. So it has become a weapon of choice. The left has used hate to transform President Trump into a symbol of the new racism, not a flawed president but a systemic evil. And he must be opposed as one opposes racism, with a scorched-earth absolutism.

The left is consumed with hate and engage in the politics of hate, from the mainstream media, higher ed, Hollywood, and big tech, hatred of Trump and hatred of country. They're triggered by the flag, the national anthem, and symbols of our national identity. They hate their fellow Americans who have opposing political views and have been labeled as a basket of deplorables by their Presidential candidate in 2015.
Unit2Sucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
blungld said:

kelly09 said:

What's clear is the Left hates our country........always has.
When you start sloganeering, you have stopped thinking.


Kelly is just quoting Tucker Carlson. This is just one of Tucker's many stock phrases that he uses to stoke outrage along with blaming immigrants, complaining about Antifa and other mindless claims that people are coming for his fragile white powerless viewers.

Tucker infantilizes his viewers and trains them to be fragile victims rather than take active control over their circumstances. That's bad right?
blungld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Unit2Sucks said:

blungld said:

kelly09 said:

What's clear is the Left hates our country........always has.
When you start sloganeering, you have stopped thinking.


Kelly is just quoting Tucker Carlson. This is just one of Tucker's many stock phrases that he uses to stoke outrage along with blaming immigrants, complaining about Antifa and other mindless claims that people are coming for his fragile white powerless viewers.

Tucker infantilizes his viewers and trains them to be fragile victims rather than take active control over their circumstances. That's bad right?
So explain hate to me. Does "the Right" hate our country when they say that America is not great or when they attack and mock over 50% of the country and do not follow majority rule? So they love this country but just can't stand most of the people in it?

In a Cal connect, did people hate Cal football when they felt it was time for a new coach with Holmoe, Gilby, or Dykes? Are only people who love Cal football those who want us to wear the uniform, use only the cheers and plays and traditions of the 1950's? Do the current students who like different music, like different cheers, show up late, etc "hate" Cal or do they just have a new way of being Cal fans, have different taste, want to make the experience their own, and like every institution, Cal needs to adapt to cultural and generational change?

Is it up to Kelly and his crew to decide what the Cal orthodoxy is and that they alone love Cal, and anyone who disagrees hates Cal by their estimation because their mind is so set and narrow that they can not be flexible or expand their definitions and it so much easier to ridicule the new rather than understand change and it is just so much more intellectually easy to dismiss what you are too stubborn to understand and just call it hate?

Why does the Right hate our country?

blungld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearForce2 said:


The left is consumed with hate and engage in the politics of hate, from the mainstream media, higher ed, Hollywood, and big tech, hatred of Trump and hatred of country. They're triggered by the flag, the national anthem, and symbols of our national identity. They hate their fellow Americans who have opposing political views and have been labeled as a basket of deplorables by their Presidential candidate in 2015.
It's so much easier to hate the left when you make up stories about them and depict them in the most simplistic, binary ways. Why do you hate our country? Why do you practice this politic of hate? You are so triggered by the left.



* (let me let you in on a little secret. Shhhhh. The left doesn't think the way you describe it. They are angered by injustice, stupidity, and corruption. They LOVE the people and parts of this country that are our best, and hold our worst to higher standards. This is what is generally thought of as a "good thing." I am sure that in your life the people you care about you do not 'hate" when you hold them to high standards. In fact, it's only becuase you love them that you care. But, as always, you know this and you just are posting nonsense that you don't really believe or have not thought through.


Happy trolling!
BearForce2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
blungld said:

BearForce2 said:


The left is consumed with hate and engage in the politics of hate, from the mainstream media, higher ed, Hollywood, and big tech, hatred of Trump and hatred of country. They're triggered by the flag, the national anthem, and symbols of our national identity. They hate their fellow Americans who have opposing political views and have been labeled as a basket of deplorables by their Presidential candidate in 2015.
It's so much easier to hate the left when you make up stories about them and depict them in the most simplistic, binary ways. Why do you hate our country? Why do you practice this politic of hate? You are so triggered by the left.



* (let me let you in on a little secret. Shhhhh. The left doesn't think the way you describe it. They are angered by injustice, stupidity, and corruption. They LOVE the people and parts of this country that are our best, and hold our worst to higher standards. This is what is generally thought of as a "good thing." I am sure that in your life the people you care about you do not 'hate" when you hold them to high standards. In fact, it's only becuase you love them that you care. But, as always, you know this and you just are posting nonsense that you don't really believe or have not thought through.


Happy trolling!

The left should look within and see their own injustice, stupidity, and corruption before they judge others but self-reflection doesn't serve any purpose for them. They need an enemy to fuel their religion that is hate politics. The left are the original trolls. They are triggered by the U.S.A.



sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The right hates the USA. That's why they work so hard to keep people from voting.
BearForce2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sycasey said:

The right hates the USA. That's why they work so hard to keep people from voting.



Democrats like it when dead people vote and don't think a certain minority group is capable of producing an ID.

Todd Ingram
How long do you want to ignore this user?
blungld said:

Unit2Sucks said:

blungld said:

kelly09 said:

What's clear is the Left hates our country........always has.
When you start sloganeering, you have stopped thinking.


Kelly is just quoting Tucker Carlson. This is just one of Tucker's many stock phrases that he uses to stoke outrage along with blaming immigrants, complaining about Antifa and other mindless claims that people are coming for his fragile white powerless viewers.

Tucker infantilizes his viewers and trains them to be fragile victims rather than take active control over their circumstances. That's bad right?
So explain hate to me. Does "the Right" hate our country when they say that America is not great or when they attack and mock over 50% of the country and do not follow majority rule? So they love this country but just can't stand most of the people in it?

In a Cal connect, did people hate Cal football when they felt it was time for a new coach with Holmoe, Gilby, or Dykes? Are only people who love Cal football those who want us to wear the uniform, use only the cheers and plays and traditions of the 1950's? Do the current students who like different music, like different cheers, show up late, etc "hate" Cal or do they just have a new way of being Cal fans, have different taste, want to make the experience their own, and like every institution, Cal needs to adapt to cultural and generational change?

Is it up to Kelly and his crew to decide what the Cal orthodoxy is and that they alone love Cal, and anyone who disagrees hates Cal by their estimation because their mind is so set and narrow that they can not be flexible or expand their definitions and it so much easier to ridicule the new rather than understand change and it is just so much more intellectually easy to dismiss what you are too stubborn to understand and just call it hate?

Why does the Right hate our country?
I don't know. Why do you hate people who voted for Trump? They're your country too.
blungld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearForce2 said:


The left should look within and see their own injustice, stupidity, and corruption.
Oh good, we are in total agreement that we don't want injustice, stupidity, and corruption! Let's do something about it together! Where should we start? Hmmmm. How about at the top and with the person most responsible for all three? Or should we start with the teenager who knocked over a statue?

Instead of just writing words, how about thinking through their meaning and standing for principles rather than just trying to come up with the best flames for your "enemies."
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearForce2 said:

sycasey said:

The right hates the USA. That's why they work so hard to keep people from voting.



Democrats like it when dead people vote and don't think a certain minority group is capable of producing an ID.



Republicans hate the idea of more people voting so much that they make up problems like "dead people voting," even though there is no real evidence it's any kind of widespread problem.

https://www.brennancenter.org/issues/ensure-every-american-can-vote/vote-suppression/myth-voter-fraud
blungld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Todd Ingram said:

I don't know. Why do you hate people who voted for Trump? They're your country too.
Show me once where I have said I hate people who voted for Trump. You can't just make stuff up. I dislike their reasons for voting for Trump and hope they change their mind and "hate" the effect that their vote has had on our country. I don't like it when a minority of Americans, especially the lesser-educated and more governed by political bias and lack of information, decide the future of our country holding us back in regression. But I don't hate them.

Clear?

How about you? Do you like that we are governed by minority who is not representative of the country, is our lesser educated, and so our government is comfortable not legislating on the basis of policy and what Americans actually want, but instead tailor their behavior just to the electoral college and the highly partisan right? You really believe this is the best way to run the country and the way we will chart the best path forward to maintain leadership in the world?
blungld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sycasey said:

Republicans hate the idea of more people voting so much that they make up problems like "dead people voting," even though there is no real evidence it's any kind of widespread problem.

https://www.brennancenter.org/issues/ensure-every-american-can-vote/vote-suppression/myth-voter-fraud
Generally it's not the best sign that your ideas are good or that you sincerely hold them when you perpetuate lies and actively suppress the vote and then turn around and accuse the other side of what you yourself are actually doing.

When you find yourself NOT wanting Americans to vote, you be the bad people. It's kind of a good clue.
Todd Ingram
How long do you want to ignore this user?
blungld said:

Todd Ingram said:

I don't know. Why do you hate people who voted for Trump? They're your country too.
Show me once where I have said I hate people who voted for Trump.
Do you hate me? I'm your country.
dimitrig
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearForce2 said:

blungld said:

kelly09 said:

What's clear is the Left hates our country........always has.


This is very obvious, not sure why you don't get it. It's probably because it's not debated and the left would not admit to it but they passionately hate the USA because it's in their DNA. How can you not hate a country that is:

systemically racist where police kill blacks
treats transgender people as second class citizens
in love with guns and violence
imperialistic and starting wars
capitalistic, an unfair system where the rich are getting richer
over-religious, shoving Christianity down our throats

I suppose the right is just fine with all of these things? I'm not getting your point.
blungld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Todd Ingram said:

blungld said:

Todd Ingram said:

I don't know. Why do you hate people who voted for Trump? They're your country too.
Show me once where I have said I hate people who voted for Trump.
Do you hate me? I'm your country.
Huh? Of course not. Why are you even asking that?
Big C
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearForce2 said:

sycasey said:

The right hates the USA. That's why they work so hard to keep people from voting.



Democrats like it when dead people vote and don't think a certain minority group is capable of producing an ID.



I'm surprised Trump doesn't like it when dead people vote. He seems to love dead people. Heck, he has personally signed stimulus checks to tens of thousands of them.
BearForce2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dimitrig said:

BearForce2 said:

blungld said:

kelly09 said:

What's clear is the Left hates our country........always has.


This is very obvious, not sure why you don't get it. It's probably because it's not debated and the left would not admit to it but they passionately hate the USA because it's in their DNA. How can you not hate a country that is:

systemically racist where police kill blacks
treats transgender people as second class citizens
in love with guns and violence
imperialistic and starting wars
capitalistic, an unfair system where the rich are getting richer
over-religious, shoving Christianity down our throats

I suppose the right is just fine with all of these things? I'm not getting your point.

Systemic racism doesn't exist in the U.S. even if Chris Cuomo told you so.
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Conservatives hate America. That's why they are always complaining about a country that allows the following:

Legal abortion
Gay marriage
Protests
Obamacare
Separation of church and state
Colleges dominated by liberal thought
Removal of Confederate flags and monuments
Children of illegal immigrants remaining on our soil
CNN and other liberal media continuing to broadcast

How can you not hate a country that allows all that?
Garou
How long do you want to ignore this user?
blungld said:

Todd Ingram said:

blungld said:

Todd Ingram said:

I don't know. Why do you hate people who voted for Trump? They're your country too.
Show me once where I have said I hate people who voted for Trump.
Do you hate me? I'm your country.
Huh? Of course not. Why are you even asking that?
I don't believe you, just as I don't believe Nancy Pelosi when she says she doesn't hate Trump and prays for him. It's all virtue signalling. You talk down to me and virtually every other person who isn't in lock-step with you constantly on this forum. You don't engage with them as peers.
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Garou said:

You talk down to me and virtually every other person who isn't in lock-step with you constantly on this forum.
Physician, heal thyself.
AunBear89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Garou said:

<snip> You talk down to me and virtually every other person who isn't in lock-step with you constantly on this forum. You don't engage with them as peers.

Irony.




And an utter lack of self-awareness. Are you sure you aren't Republicon?
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
Garou
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sycasey said:

Garou said:

You talk down to me and virtually every other person who isn't in lock-step with you constantly on this forum.
Physician, heal thyself.
I give what I get.

So you first.
dimitrig
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearForce2 said:



Systemic racism doesn't exist in the U.S. even if Chris Cuomo told you so.

You can't possibly believe that.

Whether it is poverty levels, incarceration rates, health insurance coverage, educational attainment, wealth and income disparity, or pretty much any other metric you want to use, minorities - especially African Americans - have it worse than caucasians.

Let me ask you, why do you think that only four Fortune 500 companies have black CEOs?

BearForce2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sycasey said:

Conservatives hate America. That's why they are always complaining about a country that allows the following:

Legal abortion
Gay marriage
Protests
Obamacare
Separation of church and state
Colleges dominated by liberal thought
Removal of Confederate flags and monuments
Children of illegal immigrants remaining on our soil
CNN and other liberal media continuing to broadcast

How can you not hate a country that allows all that?
So, you hate this country.
AunBear89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No. I just hate all the morons like you who keep trying to break it.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearForce2 said:

sycasey said:

Conservatives hate America. That's why they are always complaining about a country that allows the following:

Legal abortion
Gay marriage
Protests
Obamacare
Separation of church and state
Colleges dominated by liberal thought
Removal of Confederate flags and monuments
Children of illegal immigrants remaining on our soil
CNN and other liberal media continuing to broadcast

How can you not hate a country that allows all that?
So, you hate this country.
Except that's not what I complain about, that's what conservatives complain about. How did those conservatives become so consumed with hate?
blungld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Garou said:

blungld said:

Huh? Of course not. Why are you even asking that?
I don't believe you, just as I don't believe Nancy Pelosi when she says she doesn't hate Trump and prays for him. It's all virtue signalling. You talk down to me and virtually every other person who isn't in lock-step with you constantly on this forum. You don't engage with them as peers.
So then there is no point in posting anything to me, right? You don't believe my own words, but are quite sure you can read my mind and that you can tell me and the other posters what they think. You do this off of the internet too? I bet that goes over great.

I do not believe that people on these boards see me as not engaging with them as peers. People on these boards are not only my peers but my friends. I have had heated exchanges with a few people on these boards and most often brought those to a common respectful conclusion.

There really are about 5-10 people on the board (and I am sure several of these are the same person) who I am at odds with, and to put it kindly, their positions often do not warrant much respect. Not because they disagree with me, but because they are often disagreeable. As in often morally objectionable. Not all, but far too many.

By the way "virtue signaling" means that you perceive that a virtue has been signaled. It translates: "I see you being more virtuous than me and it makes me feel guilt or shame so rather than address why I hold a less virtuous position I am going to criticize you for making your position known."

I guess you prefer the other option that people venal signal? Or that no one ever knows the good work or ethical teachings of others? Here's another possibility, maybe you shouldn't be triggered by morally good behavior?



Todd Ingram
How long do you want to ignore this user?
blungld said:

Garou said:

blungld said:

Huh? Of course not. Why are you even asking that?
I don't believe you, just as I don't believe Nancy Pelosi when she says she doesn't hate Trump and prays for him. It's all virtue signalling. You talk down to me and virtually every other person who isn't in lock-step with you constantly on this forum. You don't engage with them as peers.
So then there is no point in posting anything to me, right? You don't believe my own words
You don't believe my words. Why should I think someone who continues to not take my words at face value is worthy of my trust in his statements?
Page 4 of 6
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.