BearlyAmazing I accept your bet

3,616 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Krugman Is A Moron
blungld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"If Biden is elected, he will not remain in office because his misdeeds will force him out. If Biden has not been forced out of office by June 1st, 2021, BearlyAmazing will admit that he was wrong and not post in any form on BearInsider through July 31st 2021. If Biden has been forced out of office by June 1st, 2021, Blungld will admit that he was wrong and not post in any form on BearInsider through July 31st 2021. If BIden is not elected, there is no bet. This bet is agreed to by BearlyAmazing and Blungld on June 2, 2020."

Is the bet on? Are we agreed?
hanky1
lol
bearister
Put $5000 on it with Oskie as the escrow agent.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
blungld
bearister said:

Put $5000 on it with Oskie as the escrow agent.
I offered higher and even asymmetric bet in his favor, but he keeps backpedaling. Just trying to get some kind of a clear bet agreed upon.
hanky1
Can I participate? I'll bet that Biden won't finish his term. $500. 1:1 odds.
blungld
hanky1 said:

Write out the bet. "Finish his term" too vague.

I'm not betting on heart attacks, but if you mean resigns or removed from office for crimes, you are on.
hanky1
blungld said:

hanky1 said:

I'm not betting on heart attacks, but if you mean resigns or removed from office for crimes, you are on.
That's the bet.

He won't finish his term. For any reason. Health, illegal activities, impeachment, etc.
SRBear
I think you'd have to rely on health issues. If Biden gets elected no way dems won't be controlling house and senate. That means they won't investigate anything Biden.
smh
who/what/where is this "BearlyAmazing" cariacature posters keep going on about? based on real story, or imaginary? resurrected yet? talking to ourselves are we? too many questions.
# so confusing

jammers on, nite all, sleep tight, be safe, smh
muting ~250 handles, turnaround is fair play
BearForce2

Bet I can not
money I do not have
But older than I is Joe.

CalFan777
blungld said:

hanky1 said:

Good point. Does the term "misdeeds" include gluttony or sloth? Lying or misleading the public about his health status?
blungld
hanky1 said:

blungld said:

hanky1 said:

That's the bet.

He won't finish his term. For any reason. Health, illegal activities, impeachment, etc.
Not only is that dumb, how the heck do I know if he has a heart attack or some wacko shoots him, but it is really disrespectful.

I thought you had some conviction about his criminality or something about his BEHAVIOR, not a roulette wheel.
blungld
Remember, this started when BearlyAmazing, completely on his own stated that Biden would not be in office by this time next year because of the upcoming reports, an allusion to Biden's criminality and forthcoming proof he has posted about for over a year. Not because he won't be elected or because he might have a stroke, but because the criminal investigation will destroy him. He did this all on his own and dared anyone to take his bet. I said okay, and he has run away like a little b@tch who can't stand by his words, and just been a backpedaling little worm ever since.

I said, I will take the bet just write it up. I said I would accept the stakes of a permanent ban on BI---and he whimpered, no, no, only one month (such conviction).

Again, this is HIS bet and I am saying YES and now he is nowhere to be seen or trying to back out of his statement or change the bet--all while still believing he has the facts and it is "we" who make stuff up.

Back it up or button up.

BearlyCareAnymore
hanky1 said:

blungld said:

hanky1 said:

That's the bet.

The "bets" didn't come out of "I hate Joe Biden" or "Joe Biden" can't serve. It came out of bearlyamazing making claims about specific wrongdoing with his evidence being a cheezy video released on youtube by an organization funded by the Russian government to spread propaganda that was forced by the Trump administration to register as a foreign agent. The point was making unfounded accusations with no evidence. Predicting that he won't finish his term obscures the point.
hanky1
OaktownBear said:

hanky1 said:

blungld said:

hanky1 said:

That's the bet.

The "bets" didn't come out of "I hate Joe Biden" or "Joe Biden" can't serve. It came out of bearlyamazing making claims about specific wrongdoing with his evidence being a cheezy video released on youtube by an organization funded by the Russian government to spread propaganda that was forced by the Trump administration to register as a foreign agent. The point was making unfounded accusations with no evidence. Predicting that he won't finish his term obscures the point.

I have nothing against Joe. He seems like a good guy. I'll probably vote for him since Trump has completely f'ed up the past week. But the dude will be 78 by the time he becomes president. He's not a young 78 either.
blungld
hanky1 said:

OaktownBear said:

hanky1 said:

blungld said:

hanky1 said:

That's the bet.

I have nothing against Joe. He seems like a good guy. I'll probably vote for him since Trump has completely f'ed up the past week. But the dude will be 78 by the time he becomes president. He's not a young 78 either.
I think we all wish he were younger. Not sure what making that point brings to the table. They both are health risks and it's a shame we don't have younger more vibrant options.
bearlyamazing
blungld said:

"If Biden is elected, he will not remain in office because his misdeeds will force him out. If Biden has not been forced out of office by June 1st, 2021, BearlyAmazing will admit that he was wrong and not post in any form on BearInsider through July 31st 2021. If Biden has been forced out of office by June 1st, 2021, Blungld will admit that he was wrong and not post in any form on BearInsider through July 31st 2021. If BIden is not elected, there is no bet. This bet is agreed to by BearlyAmazing and Blungld on June 2, 2020."

You frickin moron. How many times are you going keep changing the bet to your terms? I've said over and over again I don't think he'll get elected. And if he does get elected, he won't last through the end up may due to declining mental health or his misdeeds catch up to him.

The bet is and has always been that he won't be in office by the start of June 1, 2021 And if he is, I'll not post till July 1. No weasel clauses of "if he's elected." No stretching it to 7/31.

Either you take it or you don't. You're convinced the polls are right and that he'll be elected so repeatedly trying to use him not being elected as an out shouldn't be necessary to you. And one month without me me is better than me driving you crazy countering your lies with no time away, is it not?

I'm not replying for the 6th or 7th time to you trying to change the bet. Take it or leave it. Last response.
smh
bearlyamazing said:

blungld said:

You frickin moron. How many times are you going keep changing the bet to your terms? I've said over and over again I don't think he'll get elected. And if he does get elected, he won't last through the end up may due to declining mental health or his misdeeds catch up to him.

The bet is and has always been that he won't be in office by the start of June 1, 2021 And if he is, I'll not post till July 1. No weasel clauses of "if he's elected." No stretching it to 7/31.

Either you take it or you don't. You're convinced the polls are right and that he'll be elected so repeatedly trying to use him not being elected as an out shouldn't be necessary to you. And one month without me me is better than me driving you crazy countering your lies with no time away, is it not?

I'm not replying for the 6th or 7th time to you trying to change the bet. Take it or leave it. Last response.

I didn't make a bet
there you are BA, welcome back. iirc word on the street invites you to write your terms; hopefully clear and simple? then the other party recklessly alleged he'd accept. too hard, or just stubborn, whatevs.
# may the best cyber win
blungld
bearlyamazing said:

blungld said:

Ah yes, start with the name calling as expected, followed by statement that isn't true and is really difficult to even understand what it is you're saying.

First off I tisted nothing, I tried to capture YOUR bet using your words as I best I could and interpreting your intent based on all the claims you've made. I took YOUR bet.

Secondly, show me anywhere that I claimed Biden would win the election. I've never said that and this was NEVER a bet on who would win the election it was about your claim of Biden's crimes. Not his health. Not his electability.

So let's revisit what YOU actually wrote: "Cute how you cranks continue to call facts that come out as unredacted testimony and source materials delusions but I'll give you this: if Biden is elected and is still serving as president at this time next year, I'll go into self-exile for a month and won't post till July 2021. Anyone else willing to take that bet on the other side? Simple proposition with no weasel out clauses."

And you are claiming that I changed your bet? YOU started your bet with "if elected" clause. YOU also said nothing about health issues. The entire implication of YOUR WORDS and what is consistent with every claim you have made the past year is that CRIMES (misdeeds) will undo Biden.

I said over and over again for YOU to write the bet however you wanted to, but no. All you do is complain and claim "I didn't say that" even when you did.

1) You said "if elected" not me.
2) You said July 2021, I thought that meant THROUGH July, you never said July 1st.

You want to claim I'm changing the words because you are chickening out. A month exile! Gee, what confidence you have. I offered bets that were MORE in line with your claims, not in my favor, worse for me, and you wouldn't take them. So will you take your own bet?

I am not letting you weasel out of this. I will take your EXACT bet using only words you posted. I agree to the following: "If Biden is elected and is still serving as president at this time next year (May 29th 2021) I'll (BearlyAmazing) go into self-exile for a month and won't post till July 2021. If Biden is elected and is NOT still serving as president at this time next year (May 29th 2021) I'll (BlunGld) go into self-exile for a month and won't post till July 2021."

Your EXACT WORDS. Did I twist anything this time or add "weasel clauses", or are we agreed?

The suggestions I have been making to your words were to clarify and make the bet more meaningful.

1) "Still serving" should only pertain to resignation, impeachment, or removal from office (for the misdeeds you KNOW he committed) and not assassination or a medical issue.
2) Self-exile should apply to ALL BI boards and to any alternative handles we might have (I do not).
3) The exile should be at minimum 30 days, and I'd be happy to go as long as you'd like even permanent.
4) Add a public admission of being wrong. The loser posts an unqualified statement that they were wrong and lost the bet. You have been promising this kind of apology for over a year, why not make it official?
5) I don't see why you don't want to take the election entirely out of equation and just wager that Biden will be arrested one way or another with the charges you KNOW are coming.

But if you want to make the bet as safe and small as possible, I am agreed on your exact words. What's your cop out now?
BearlyCareAnymore
bearlyamazing said:

blungld said:

I'm just going to point out you are again a flat out liar. Your post starting this whole thing said "if he is elected". I used to think you were gullible, but your unwillingness to stand by anything you say makes it clear you know you are making outlandish claims.
Eastern Oregon Bear
Why is it such a big deal to be exiled from here for a month? I like it here but I wouldn't be too bothered if I had to stay away for a month. Well, maybe a bit bothered if it was during football season.
blungld
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

Why is it such a big deal to be exiled from here for a month? I like it here but I wouldn't be too bothered if I had to stay away for a month. Well, maybe a bit bothered if it was during football season.
You are right, it's not a big deal, and that is what makes his bet and his denials so stupid.

And every time I try to up the stakes and make it a big deal he calls it weaseling. I don't understand how making the bet MORE consequential equates to weaseling. Seems like it is the opposite of chickening out or backpedaling, but he will say anything to not stand up for himself.

I so wonder if a person like that ever stops to see their own hypocrisy, or is the belief system so rigid and built on such insanity and insecurity that they think what EMOTIONS they feel are real and consistent (anger, fear, etc) so that means that their beliefs and words are also real and consistent. They mistake that for reason and logic. I still feel angry today so I can say whatever I want even if it contradicts what I said yesterday. Logic equals the same emotion not the same words, intent, position, ethics, etc. And they have lost all ability to objectively see that they are not being logical. But rather, as long as he is pissed, tribal, and loyal, then whatever he types and believes this moment must be truthful.

The dysfunction goes so far that you can literally show him a sentence HE wrote and he will say that you are twisting it, or I didn't write it, or...when cornered, call the person a name and run away. It's never him, and he is never wrong, never accountable, never has to express a clear ethical stance that does not vary by application. Perhaps he is suffering dementia, in which case I feel bad pressing him, but BS like this needs to be called out and not tolerated.
blungld
bearlyamazing said:

Either you take it or you don't.
I take it.

Let's go. Your bet.

"If Biden is elected and is still serving as president at this time next year (May 29th 2021) I'll (BearlyAmazing) go into self-exile for a month and won't post till July 2021. If Biden is elected and is NOT still serving as president at this time next year (May 29th 2021) I'll (BlunGld) go into self-exile for a month and won't post till July 2021."

Agreed?
Californium
Sometimes it's not about the stakes...it's about demonstrating conviction. I know people who aren't into gambling who bet $1 on this sort of thing. It's not really the $1 that is at stake, it's proof of a beleif or something. (Granted, higher stakes can show greater conviction ...)
Krugman Is A Moron
blungld said:

hanky1 said:

OaktownBear said:

hanky1 said:

blungld said:

hanky1 said:

That's the bet.

I think we all wish he were younger. Not sure what making that point brings to the table. They both are health risks and it's a shame we don't have younger more vibrant options.
I wish he didn't exist at all. I bet Tara Reade feels the same way.

No, I haven't forgotten you ****ty moderates.
blungld
Californium said:

Sometimes it's not about the stakes...it's about demonstrating conviction. I know people who aren't into gambling who bet $1 on this sort of thing. It's not really the $1 that is at stake, it's proof of a beleif or something. (Granted, higher stakes can show greater conviction ...)

Sometimes it's about BarelyAmazing running away from agreeing to the exact bet he dared someone else to take. Biggest coward on the board.
blungld
BearlyAmazing (direct quote): "If Biden is elected and is still serving as president at this time next year, I'll go into self-exile for a month and won't post till July 2021. Anyone else willing to take that bet on the other side?"

BlunGld (summary): Okay, I accept. Want to make the bet more consequential than a one month self-exile?

BearlyAmazing (summary): You are twisting my words and weaseling out!

BlunGld (summary): Okay, you write out the exact bet and I will agree to it.

BearlyAmazing (direct quote): "You clown. You've twisted everything I've said about the bet every time you've posted. My statements and terms are clear. I don't think he'll be elected. But if he is, he won't be in office till this time next year because of either his misdeeds forcing him out of office or his poor mental health. That's it. Very easy to understand. He's a very flawed candidate. You want to up the ante and twist the bet to your terms. That's not the way it works. Take it or leave it."

Blungld (direct quote): Okay. I accept. Is the bet on?

BearlyAmazing (direct quote): "." (silence)
bearlyamazing
My bet is that Biden will not be in office as president as of 6/1/21. Period.

You're obviously in need of serious mental counseling. Seek help before it's too late.
smh
bearlyamazing said:

You're obviously in need of serious mental counseling. Seek help before it's too late.
swing anna miss, strike four.
Californium
blungld said:

Californium said:

Sometimes it's about BarelyAmazing running away from agreeing to the exact bet he dared someone else to take. Biggest coward on the board.
Yeah, I was just responding to Eastern Oregon Bear about the stakes. BearlyAmazing is clearly not willing to back up his words, and so doesn;t really beleive them. I felt like that was more that evident to anyone reading the thread.
blungld
bearlyamazing said:

This is the bet you posted. Why are you changing it?

QUOTE: "My statements and terms are clear. I don't think he'll be elected. But if he is, he won't be in office till this time next year because of either his misdeeds forcing him out of office or his poor mental health. That's it. Very easy to understand."

QUOTE: "If Biden is elected and is still serving as president at this time next year, I'll go into self-exile for a month and won't post till July 2021. Anyone else willing to take that bet on the other side?"

You are dropping the "if elected" that you repeated several times as the definition of the bet. I accept your bet as you originally stated it, not the revised backpedal version. Do you?
Eastern Oregon Bear
Californium said:

blungld said:

Californium said:

Yeah, I was just responding to Eastern Oregon Bear about the stakes. BearlyAmazing is clearly not willing to back up his words, and so doesn;t really beleive them. I felt like that was more that evident to anyone reading the thread.
I agree with you. I don't think BearlyAmazing fully believes what he's posting. It's more important to him to own the Libs than to have any kind of logical consistency. He was going on about stepping away from the board for a month like it was a meaningful sacrifice and I couldn't see why that was unless this board is filling a void in his miserable existence. Maybe it really is.
smh
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

..going on about stepping away from the board for a month like it was a meaningful sacrifice and I couldn't see why that was unless this board is filling a void in his miserable existence. Maybe it really is.
not pitching yes nor no, i'm not, but if an internet employed working man gets laid off his paycheck suffers, whether his/her/its initials are Alpha Beta / Beta Alpha or whatevs.
blungld
Hey Amazing,

Where did you go? I mean you posted a cocky I know exactly what is gonna happen and I DARE any Lib to accept the bet that I'm wrong, and I said yes I accept your bet EXACTLY how you wrote it and you just started complaining and ran away. Didn't think anyone would say yes? Don't want to actually take your own bet because you know you are going to lose?

Why should anyone ever take anything you say seriously?
smh
unrelated stuff found on the internets today.. (wanna-be rollers or pros please look away)
Quote:

Tips
  • Use throw away or temporary email accounts. It is an easier way to make instead of signing up for emails all of the time.
  • Don't give your real name, use a fake one, and don't give any other personal information. Stay anonymous.
  • When reeling people in, be aware of spelling and grammar. Try to match their style.
  • The places that can be trolled go far beyond the content of this how to. Be creative in how you troll! Always remember to evaluate and be prepared to deal with the consequences of your actions. Most importantly, make sure you're having fun! If trolling isn't fun to you, you definitely should not be doing it.
  • And if someone asks why you're doing it, just reply, "That's how I troll, man!"

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.