Brazen twitter censorship

7,056 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by bearister
BearlyCareAnymore
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearlyamazing said:

OaktownBear said:

bearlyamazing said:

OaktownBear said:

bearlyamazing said:

OaktownBear said:

bearlyamazing said:

Twitter taking Trump's video down addressing the Floyd case and the protests is inexcusable. Using the pathetic pretext of an anonymous copyright claim is a joke. They just don't want his message to reach a mass audience.

It's a very good video and it scares them that it might put him in a good light with regard to race relations.

It's certainly a lot better than the tone deaf tweet he sent about bullets flying when violent protests start.

https://www.vox.com/recode/2020/6/5/21281787/twitter-trump-george-floyd-campaign-video-copyright

Warning: This poster has a history of posting material sourced from an organization funded by the Russian government that has been forced by the Trump administration to register as a foreign agent.
Warning: This poster has a history of trying to discredit posters with views he doesn't share with spurious accusations. RT wasn't the only poster of the video I posted of Biden's quid pro quo crime in a single post of probably 1,000 or so posts here.

Anyone who's not a dimwitted stooge and has read even 10% of my posts will know that you, Unit2 and blungld's pathetic, pathological attempts to follow me around and try to discredit me with your gaslighting don't fool anyone with a brain. And yes, I'm using the word gaslighting today because you clowns hope if you continue to try and perpetuate the same lies over and over again, maybe people will start to believe you. Newsflash: No one with a brain will fall for it.

It's hilarious how threatened you snowflake clowns are by me bursting your little lefty bubble of lies. I'm just one single person. Imagine if more of the conservative posters on the board had the tolerance level and thick skin to call you clowns out, too? You'd be ready for the rubber room.

Warning: This poster has a history of posting material sourced from an organization funded by the Russian government that has been forced by the Trump administration to register as a foreign agent.

Warning: This poster has a history of trying to discredit posters with views he doesn't share with spurious accusations. RT wasn't the only poster of the video I posted of Biden's quid pro quo crime in a single post of probably 1,000 or so posts here.

Anyone who's not a dimwitted stooge and has read even 10% of my posts will know that you, Unit2 and blungld's pathetic, pathological attempts to follow me around and try to discredit me with your gaslighting don't fool anyone with a brain. And yes, I'm using the word gaslighting today because you clowns hope if you continue to try and perpetuate the same lies over and over again, maybe people will start to believe you. Newsflash: No one with a brain will fall for it.

It's hilarious how threatened you snowflake clowns are by me bursting your little lefty bubble of lies. I'm just one single person. Imagine if more of the conservative posters on the board had the tolerance level and thick skin to call you clowns out, too? You'd be ready for the rubber room.

You literally posted Russian propaganda.
I literally didn't, you knucklehead. That was a compilation of clips of Biden's quid pro quo admission, news reports and commentary,none of them Russian sourced. Just because you don't like who aggregated them doesn't make them Russian propaganda, you gaslighting clown. And as I said, they weren't the only ones who posted it, just like RT were one of many who posted the standalone Biden quid pro quo admission but that doesn't invalidate his admission or guilt, either. But by all means, keep this nonsense up and keep making yourself look smaller by the day.
No. You literally did. Here is the video produced by RT. For further information "RT" was originally called "Russia Today". It is funded by the Russian government. The Trump administration forced it to register as a foreign agent. And your response is that you still think it is true.

1. This was barely a compilation. 75% of it was the Russia Today reporters telling you what to think including that Biden has "strange proclivities". Most of the rest of it was a clip of was what you call the "Biden admission"

2. The "Biden Admission" was a clip that has been played over an over on main stream media and left leaning media. No one ever tried to hide it. Because it wasn't an "admission". It was Biden telling how he was able to finally get the corrupt prosecutor fired as everyone wanted done. Even Russia Today admitted in the report that was what he was doing because they couldn't edit that point away so they just did the equivalent of "Joe Biden said he got the prosecutor fired for corruption. BUT DID HE!?!?!?!"

3. The "compilation" was Russia Today yapping, the Biden Admission, Russia Today yapping some more. Showing "headlines" and "quotes" out of context while lying about what they mean. Cheezily pretending they had audio recording by having someone read a couple of quotes like they were the actual person, a snippet of an AP reporter asking a question about Hunter Biden and the response that he is a private citizen, and Russia Today yapping to finish.

That is what propaganda does, guy.

So now you are the guy who literally posted Russian propaganda and then when the source was pointed out to you, defended it instead of apologizing.

Here's the video. I have no fear posting it. No one who is not a complete tinfoil hat wearing nut job is going to watch this video produced by Russia Today and think it is anything but laughable. It is that bad.

smh
bearlyamazing said:

> Anyone who's not a dimwitted stooge and has read even 10% of my posts will know that you, Unit2 and blungld's pathetic, pathological attempts to follow me around and try to discredit me with your gaslighting don't fool anyone with a brain. And yes, I'm using the word gaslighting today because you clowns hope if you continue to try and perpetuate the same lies over and over again, maybe people will start to believe you. Newsflash: No one with a brain will fall for it.
uh-oh, shoot shoot shoot, my bad, sorrry all. an accidental psych-op apparently blew up inside BA's head, evidenced by his unconscious acting out.

see, doctor horrible's "my eyes" audio and lyrics YT bonus content were posted on BI just a few days ago; the melody weaves contrary voices' hypnotic phrases back and forth..

~~~~
Any dolt with half a brain
Can see that humankind has gone insane
To the point where I don't know
If I'll upset the status quo
If I throw poison in the water main

Listen close to everybody's heart
And hear that breaking sound
Hopes and dreams are shattering apart
And crashing to the ground

I cannot believe my eyes
How the world's filled with filth and lies
But it's plain to see
Evil inside of me is on the rise.. ...

https://bearinsider.com/forums/6/topics/95959/replies/1759519
1:25p, 6/2/20

muting ~250 handles, turnaround is fair play
BearlyCareAnymore
bearlyamazing said:

Unit2Sucks said:

bearlyamazing said:

Unit2Sucks said:

bearlyamazing said:

OaktownBear said:

bearlyamazing said:

Twitter taking Trump's video down addressing the Floyd case and the protests is inexcusable. Using the pathetic pretext of an anonymous copyright claim is a joke. They just don't want his message to reach a mass audience.

It's a very good video and it scares them that it might put him in a good light with regard to race relations.

It's certainly a lot better than the tone deaf tweet he sent about bullets flying when violent protests start.

https://www.vox.com/recode/2020/6/5/21281787/twitter-trump-george-floyd-campaign-video-copyright

Because you asked for it, I'm going to continue dunking on you.

Although you are thoroughly unfamiliar with DMCA takedowns, I will tell you who isn't: Trump's campaign. If you click on the link (which you probably won't) and read it, you would see that it describes the Trump campaign accusing someone of violating their intellectual property rights and that the subject company immediately took down the content. That's how DMCA takedowns worst. You will also note that the person whose content was taken down challenged the company and had the challenge denied and then worked with an outside group to challenge it again and the company was convinced to host the content again. That same thing could happen here if Trump's campaign could rightfully make a claim that their use is permitted and not actually a copyright violation. They haven't made any such claim however. I suspect that the campaign will remove the infringing content and re-post the cleansed video.

I'm more than willing to have an argument on the merits here, but bearlyamazing is throughly uninterested in doing so because he isn't here to engage in a good faith discussion.

So if my posts in this thread have been a pathetic, pathological attempt to discredit you with gaslighting, it should be exceedingly easy for you to present substantive arguments in your favor. You have yet to do so. And, let's be honest, you won't do so because you have no idea what you are talking about.
"Continue dunking on me?" If that doesn't sum up your delusional, self-inflated ego here, I don't know what does.

You know as well as me that DMCA is not even remotely but rather selectively enforced by twitter. There are thousands, if not millions, of videos that use other people's images without their permission that stay up if they don't offend the wrong sensibilities.

Why don't you just admit that this was a great video that the left is terrified black and undecided voters will see and might understand that Trump's not the racist that chumps like you make him out to be?

And speaking of black voters, another Rasmussen poll came out today saying black support of Trump now tops 40%. But because I'm discerning, I know Rasmussen polls tend to be outliers so I'm not buying it. But it is a strong indication that black support of Trump is growing much more than the left cares to admit. It's certainly nowhere near 8% anymore. And that has people like you terrified.
The fact that you talk about Twitter enforcing the DMCA proves you have no idea what you are talking about. Twitter must comply with valid DMCA takedown requests, not "enforce" the DMCA. The whole point of the DMCA takedown process is that Twitter isn't obligated to sua sponte take down content that might be infringing. If you had any interest in this topic or in understanding what was actually happening, you would already know this.

Show me evidence of Twitter not responding to thousands, let alone millions, of DMCA takedown requests based on "sensibilities" or political bias or whatever else you think is going on.

Show your work. No one has any reason to believe your unverified speculation that they are selectively enforcing.

If you can prove me wrong, I will gladly acknowledge it in this thread* and unlike you I won't welch.

* following your apology to OTB for the Biden accusations you made not coming through and following you entering into the bet with blungld that you originally offered.

Anxiously awaiting you obsessively continuing to follow me around with more of your silly challenges like you and your OCD compatriots here oaktown and blugld have taken to do in your pathetic attempt to shout me down or run me off.

What do you know about this supposed DMCA request and it it was legit, proven or even actually occurred? How do you know they're just not censoring content they're scared will win the hearts and minds of people who are looking for hope in these troubled times?

You don't. So get off your high horse and stop assuming you have all the answers and shooting the messenger.
I'm not trying to shut you down or run you off. As a proud American who loves his country, I think other Americans would like to know that you use a Russian propaganda organization to source your material. Whenever you make a claim, they should know that based on past history it might be based on a foreign agent operating in America to further their countries interests over the interests of the United States. Personally, if I ever found out I did that, I would be ashamed and would apologize for it and retract my claim. Unless I knew what I was doing given the video was prominently flagged as being from a Russian agent and either was purposefully trying to hurt the United States or just didn't care that I was furthering the aims of an entity that was trying to harm the United States.

But, that would never have happened to me because I love my country and would never act to hurt it and I wouldn't be stupid enough to be fooled by Russian propaganda.

I act in the interest of protecting America.
Go!Bears
bearlyamazing said:

you gaslighting clown
Blueblood
Go!Bears said:

bearlyamazing said:

you gaslighting clown

Just because you don't like who aggregated them doesn't make them Russian propaganda, you gaslighting clown.

Yes, I agree its hard for foreigners to get all the subtle nuanances of American English. But, here, let me be of some help:

To add a little more zip to your sentence BearForce2 may I suggest that you replace "...you gaslighting clown"
with "you fartlighting clown." You'd at least get some LOL's!
bearlyamazing
OaktownBear said:

bearlyamazing said:

OaktownBear said:

bearlyamazing said:

OaktownBear said:

bearlyamazing said:

OaktownBear said:

bearlyamazing said:

I literally didn't, you knucklehead. That was a compilation of clips of Biden's quid pro quo admission, news reports and commentary,none of them Russian sourced. Just because you don't like who aggregated them doesn't make them Russian propaganda, you gaslighting clown. And as I said, they weren't the only ones who posted it, just like RT were one of many who posted the standalone Biden quid pro quo admission but that doesn't invalidate his admission or guilt, either. But by all means, keep this nonsense up and keep making yourself look smaller by the day.
No. You literally did. Here is the video produced by RT. For further information "RT" was originally called "Russia Today". It is funded by the Russian government. The Trump administration forced it to register as a foreign agent. And your response is that you still think it is true.

1. This was barely a compilation. 75% of it was the Russia Today reporters telling you what to think including that Biden has "strange proclivities". Most of the rest of it was a clip of was what you call the "Biden admission"

2. The "Biden Admission" was a clip that has been played over an over on main stream media and left leaning media. No one ever tried to hide it. Because it wasn't an "admission". It was Biden telling how he was able to finally get the corrupt prosecutor fired as everyone wanted done. Even Russia Today admitted in the report that was what he was doing because they couldn't edit that point away so they just did the equivalent of "Joe Biden said he got the prosecutor fired for corruption. BUT DID HE!?!?!?!"

3. The "compilation" was Russia Today yapping, the Biden Admission, Russia Today yapping some more. Showing "headlines" and "quotes" out of context while lying about what they mean. Cheezily pretending they had audio recording by having someone read a couple of quotes like they were the actual person, a snippet of an AP reporter asking a question about Hunter Biden and the response that he is a private citizen, and Russia Today yapping to finish.

So now you are the guy who literally posted Russian propaganda and then when the source was pointed out to you, defended it instead of apologizing.

Here's the video. I have no fear posting it. No one who is not a complete tinfoil hat wearing nut job is going to watch this video produced by Russia Today and think it is anything but laughable. It is that bad.

Your pathetic attempt to discredit rather than taking the material at face value is telling. I posted the video primarily because the Biden quid pro quo videos kept getting taken down but also because it made a lot of good points and had quotes from the prosecutor Biden held up the billion in aid for to fire, who made clear along with many other Ukrainian officials that he was indeed still investigating Burisma and Hunter Biden. As I stated before, it's largely a compilation of news clips, not some Russian fiction propaganda.

The main contributor on the clip is Caleb Maupin, who holds many of the same values as you lefties here. If you're trying to say that everything on RT America, who he contributes to, is all Russian propaganda, it just shows you're naive or stupid.

Here's his bio: Caleb Maupin is a widely acclaimed speaker, writer, journalist, and political analyst. He has traveled extensively in the Middle East and in Latin America. He was involved with the Occupy Wall Street movement from its early planning stages, and has been involved many struggles for social justice. He is an outspoken advocate of international friendship and cooperation, as well as 21st Century Socialism. He doesn't shy away from the word "Communism" when explaining his political views, and advocates that the USA move toward some form of "socialism with American characteristics" rooted in the democratic and egalitarian traditions often found in American history. He argues that the present crisis can only be abetted with an "American Rebirth" in which the radicalism and community-centered values of the country are re-established and strengthened.

Sounds like the 2020 Democratic Party platform to me.

If you're not embarrassed by the information contained in that video and what it says about your boy Biden, it says at least as much about your lack of character as Biden's.

So you can cease and desist with your pathetic posts over and over again accusing me of posting Russian propaganda. Facts are facts. Just because the system keeps powerful guys like him on the left side of the aisle out of prison doesn't make him innocent. He had no right to use our money to make Ukraine fire the guy investigating his son and his company, particularly with his massive conflict of interest. And the fact that you and your fellow lefties here condone it is disgraceful.
Blueblood
bearlyamazing said:

OaktownBear said:

bearlyamazing said:

OaktownBear said:

bearlyamazing said:

OaktownBear said:

Quote:

And the fact that you and your fellow lefties here condone it is disgraceful.
How did you know that I'm left handed?
Eastern Oregon Bear
Blueblood said:

bearlyamazing said:

OaktownBear said:

bearlyamazing said:

OaktownBear said:

bearlyamazing said:

OaktownBear said:

Khoroshaya rabota, tovarishch, vy zlite ikh i rasstraivayete ikh pravitel'stvo!
Otlichno! Vy pokazali tem reaktsionnym idiotam, kotoryye publikuyut nenadezhnyye utverzhdeniya.
BearlyCareAnymore
bearlyamazing said:

OaktownBear said:

bearlyamazing said:

OaktownBear said:

bearlyamazing said:

OaktownBear said:

bearlyamazing said:

OaktownBear said:

bearlyamazing said:

Your pathetic attempt to discredit rather than taking the material at face value is telling. I posted the video primarily because the Biden quid pro quo videos kept getting taken down but also because it made a lot of good points and had quotes from the prosecutor Biden held up the billion in aid for to fire, who made clear along with many other Ukrainian officials that he was indeed still investigating Burisma and Hunter Biden. As I stated before, it's largely a compilation of news clips, not some Russian fiction propaganda.

The main contributor on the clip is Caleb Maupin, who holds many of the same values as you lefties here. If you're trying to say that everything on RT America, who he contributes to, is all Russian propaganda, it just shows you're naive or stupid.

Here's his bio: Caleb Maupin is a widely acclaimed speaker, writer, journalist, and political analyst. He has traveled extensively in the Middle East and in Latin America. He was involved with the Occupy Wall Street movement from its early planning stages, and has been involved many struggles for social justice. He is an outspoken advocate of international friendship and cooperation, as well as 21st Century Socialism. He doesn't shy away from the word "Communism" when explaining his political views, and advocates that the USA move toward some form of "socialism with American characteristics" rooted in the democratic and egalitarian traditions often found in American history. He argues that the present crisis can only be abetted with an "American Rebirth" in which the radicalism and community-centered values of the country are re-established and strengthened.

Sounds like the 2020 Democratic Party platform to me.

If you're not embarrassed by the information contained in that video and what it says about your boy Biden, it says at least as much about your lack of character as Biden's.

So you can cease and desist with your pathetic posts over and over again accusing me of posting Russian propaganda. Facts are facts. Just because the system keeps powerful guys like him on the left side of the aisle out of prison doesn't make him innocent. He had no right to use our money to make Ukraine fire the guy investigating his son and his company, particularly with his massive conflict of interest. And the fact that you and your fellow lefties here condone it is disgraceful.
I will not cease and desist until you stop posting from crap resources.

The source of your biography of Caleb Maupin is literally calebmaupin.com. He is not a well respected journalist. None of that biography sounds anything like the Democratic party except in your twisted view. He is a Marxist. He has written books that have hardly sold. He mostly reports for RT. He is a Putin stooge. Here is are a couple excerpts from one of his articles:

Quote:

Targeting Russia
In the interests of their pocketbooks, the rich and powerful in the United States seemed almost completely unified in supporting new sanctions on Russia, despite offending European allies. The hostility to Vladimir Putin and the Russian government from US leaders and Wall Street monopolists has nothing to do with concerns about human rights or election meddling. It has nothing to do with Ukraine. It has nothing to do with homosexuality.

The Russian State is in the crosshairs because it is a competitor. After the chaos of the 1990s, the Putin administration restored order within the borders of the Russian Federation by centralizing the economy. Instead of being a mess of oligarchs, drug addiction, gangs, and mass poverty, the Putin administration has re-asserted state control over Russia's economy. The government controlled natural resources are central, and the private sector no longer runs rampant, but is subordinated to it.

The Russian State, backed by a well-organized, patriotic, population and the Russian Orthodox Church, is a force to be reckoned with on the international markets.

In the 1990s, under Yeltsin, western corporations got rich and the Russian public suffered and died at astounding rates. More than one analyst has called it "economic genocide." But Putin's Kremlin has a very different mode of operation, and almost immediately started working to rebuild the country from economic devastation. Between 2000 and 2008, Russia's industrial output increased by a total 125%. By 2007, Russia's industrial output had finally reached the same level it was prior to the collapse of the USSR. Gross domestic product of Russia increased from $764 billion to $2096.8 billion between 2007 and 2014. As the economy got better, Putin launched his National Priorities Project, and began utilizing state energy revenue to directly improve the lives of the population. Under Putin, poverty has dropped by 14%. The wage of average Russian worker has multiplied.

As Russia's economy rapidly stabilized and recovered in the first decade of the 21st century, primarily due to heavy state intervention and rising oil prices, the western financiers who coordinated to loot the country started to get nervous.

He doesn't just contribute to RT. He also has repeatedly contributed to a state owned news source in China. One article he wrote for that source lauded the People's Liberation Army including comparing it favorably to the US military. He concluded that article saying:

Quote:

If Western reporters were interested in honestly reporting on the anniversary celebrations, they would have discovered far more than just a bombastic display of force. The People's Liberation Army, from its origins 90 years ago, to today as it opens a base in the African country of Djbouti, has a unique place in world history, by any objective measure

He has also repeatedly written for New Eastern Outlook, which is published by the Russian Academy of Sciences and has published articles like "Ukraine's Ku Klux Klan - Nato's New Ally" New Eastern Outlook is an English-language website, managed by the Russian Academy of Science's Institute for Oriental Studies. They have stories about the US controlling thousands of NGOs, flooding Armenia, the US military stealing 50 tons of gold in Syria and false stories about US senior intelligence officers admitting Washington's responsibility for the attempted coup in Turkey in 2016. That is the where the above article was published.

He also wrote for Sputnik International, an organization funded by the Russian government to promote Russia's image abroad. Sputnik is often accused of reporting 'fake news, spreading misinformation and being a "Kremlin Propaganda Machine" by European and American media outlets. In 2017, the FBI launched an investigation into Sputnik for a potential violation of the Foreign Agents Registration Act. They have published stories like claiming Nevada declared a state of emergency because they had a marijuana shortage. Media Bias says " Overall, we rate Sputnik Questionable based on frequent promotion of conspiracies and pro-Russian propaganda, as well as use of poor sources and numerous failed fact checks". One of his articles for Sputnik was headlined "US Tycoons Conspire Against Nigeria".

These are all the things linked on his website. I couldn't find any other sources he has written for.

And you come along, after reading his bio on his website, and not looking at anything he has written or any independent sources and say:

Quote:

Is this the kind of man you support? He is a Pro-Russia, Pro China stooge who only writes for Chinese and Russian propaganda sites. He writes a lot of anti-American bullshyte for them. Seriously. Do you hate America this much? Cuz as little as I think of you, I don't think you do. When you are in a hole, stop digging. C'mon man. You are not this guy. One story on Biden is not worth this. Stop supporting people like this. Just admit you didn't check your sources on this. Stop going down this path of expressing support for truly odious anti-American sources. Or just leave and come back under another name. But stop claiming support for people like this. You are embarrassing yourself.

And by the way, thanks a freaking lot for this. My internet history is completely wrecked now looking at your freaking source. Hopefully I don't get flagged by the FBI. J. Edgar would definitely have a file on me at this point.
bearlyamazing
Yet all that invalidates nothing that he said. You can't dispute anything in that video with facts. And the majority on this forum agree with many of his takes on other things, too. As noted earlier, much of his bio reads like the 2020 democratic platform.

Any time the facts don't go the left's way, they immediately go to discrediting the source instead of the points made. You've done it again.
Blueblood
bearlyamazing said:

Yet all that invalidates nothing that he said. You can't dispute anything in that video with facts. And the majority on this forum agree with many of his takes on other things, too. As noted earlier, much of his bio reads like the 2020 democratic platform.

Any time the facts don't go the left's way, they immediately go to discrediting the source instead of the points made. You've done it again.
Hey butthead, you can't discredit slanted videos with facts because the video you allude to does not reflect reality.
I know that you thinkyou're on a roll, it's just that roll was meant for a hero sandwich...ahahahahahahaaaaa
GBear4Life
OaktownBear said:

GBear4Life

BearlyCareAnymore
GBear4Life said:

OaktownBear said:

I genuinely love my country. Yes. I know it is hard for you to accept that liberals like me love America, but we do.

You on the other hand rush to the aid of a guy who posts communist propaganda and lauds a reporter as "widely acclaimed" who compares the People's Liberation Army favorably to the American military. Congratulations. I would never have done that in my entire life no matter how much I may have wanted a liberal to win an argument. Maybe I care more about America than you do.
BearlyCareAnymore
bearlyamazing said:

Dude, dude, dude.

I already disputed it with facts in the original thread.

The "Biden Admission" was not an admission. He was bragging about getting a corrupt prosecutor fired because everyone wanted that prosecutor fired. I provided a letter posted on a Republican senator's website at the time. There are quotes from American and European leaders. Everybody wanted him fired. They presented one fact, that Biden bragged about getting him fired and implied that he was bragging that he got him fired to save Hunter.

Hunter was on the board of Burisma. Connected people in Washington serve on board's all the time. Condoleeza Rice is one. I know Jesse Jackson has done so in the past also. Kids of politicians do it all of the time. I don't like the practice. If you want to criticize Hunter Biden for doing so be my guest. If you want to criticize Joe Biden for not stopping a grown ass man from taking a job using his name, be my guest. You will be criticizing everyone in Washington and you won't get very far with it considering the White House employs a child of the president who has no experience in politics and whose experience lies in the fashion industry.

They presented the widely debunked claim that the prosecutor was actively investigating Burisma including a quote from the guy who got fired that was widely considered corrupt by Americans and Europeans, Democrats and Republicans. They provided a quote that didn't mean anything from the next prosecutor, the one who has specifically said he has find no wrong doing by either Biden.

They presented absolutely zero evidence that Biden or the Obama administration did anything to help Hunter Biden. They used 2 already known facts - that the US pressured the firing of the prosecutor due to corruption, and that Hunter Biden worked for Burisma - and then presented a bunch of "Did Biden do X?" "Did the US government do that?" "Questions must be answered". "Oh, and Joe is creepy".

You took their bullshyte as facts, gloated that it was all coming out and Biden was going to be discredited and then didn't follow through when he wasn't.

Do you also believe that the US government and corporate community have targeted Russia with sanctions because they want to limit the competition from a Russia made strong by Putin after the US and Europe looted a weak Russian democracy and interfered to get Boris Yeltsin elected? Because this reporter apparently has evidence for that as well.

Do you also believe that the American press is unfairly portraying the People's Liberation Army of China (or frankly portraying it at all) and that the People's Liberation Army is a great thing and in fact in ways freer than the American military. Because this reporter apparently has evidence for that as well.

Do you also believe that American business leaders are trying to wreck Nigeria? Because this reporter has evidence for that as well.

Should I go on?

Why do you hate America?

Can you find any evidence that this reporter is widely acclaimed other than him saying it or a source of Russian or Chinese propaganda saying it?

Can you find any articles he has published that were not self published or published by a Russian or Chinese propaganda source?

And you think you can trust "facts" he presents. Yes, when a source is willing to publish that level of bullshyte, especially that level of bullshyte against America, nothing he publishes is trustworthy. Because what he calls facts are not.

If presented with all this evidence of your source, you are not able to question the facts your source publishes, people need to know what your judgment is.

You believe what he says is true because you want to believe it. You refuse to question it even with mounds of evidence that the source is a complete liar who primarily traffics in lying in the interest of two of America's biggest adversaries. That is some next level self delusion.
BearlyCareAnymore
bearlyamazing said:

I have to respond to this. Eff you asshat. The dude is an America hating Marxist. Just because you have lost it to the point that you think people that may support the poor or disadvantaged minorities, or support tax fairness or more oversight of corporate America are a bunch of communists doesn't mean they are. This guy is an effing deplorable person. None of his shyte is in the Democratic platform. If it was the Democrats would be screwed. You are so pathetic you can distinguish between a Democrat and a Marxist. The majority on this board do not agree with his takes. It is only your twisted, mentally deranged view of what those that disagree with you think that allows you to equate what this guy says to what people here say. You are so far gone. I respond to you with your own actions because everyone needs to know the lunacy that they are dealing with.

You are the one supporting this guy. No one else.
sycasey
Go!Bears said:

bearlyamazing said:

you gaslighting clown

I remember "gaslighting" taking hold 5-10 years ago as a popular word among liberal feminist groups, to describe what an abusive man often does to keep a woman from leaving him: continuing to deny and lie about what abuse had previously happened and make her think she's crazy.

As is often their wont, the right wing has seemingly decided to co-opt a left-wing phrase without really understanding what it means. Frankly, it hardly matters what the word actually means. The whole point is just to own the libs.
Unit2Sucks
I think it's pretty clear at this point that BA is that guy in your family who posts fake news on the reg and is incapable of differentiating reality from fantasy so he just picks and choose whatever maps best to his worldview to the exclusion of all indicia of reliability.

It's tiresome to fact check his torrents of lies so he wins by flooding the zone with them. He isn't worth arguing with because he can't process information or discern fact from falsehood.

The only thing left to do is pick and choose where to hammer him and let everyone else see what he really is.

Speaking of which, this thread started with a classic BA misread of a pretty simple situation. Trump's campaign posted infringing content and Twitter was forced to take it down by the copyright holder. Trump, like BA, wouldn't know a fact if it slapped him in the face, and is trying to propagate the lie that he has been censored by twitter. Jack Dorsey rebuked him with just a few truthful words.

How are we living in a world where our prez regularly accuses private companies of crimes they didn't commit and we as a country just laugh it off? CEOs have no fear from publicly rebuking him because he is a paper tiger with almost no power to enforce his false claims. And yet some people still think he's a tough guy. They can't be reasoned with because they aren't interested in reality. The reality is that Trump is an old man yelling at clouds and enabled by opportunists.

Go!Bears
Unit2Sucks said:

The reality is that Trump is an old man yelling at clouds and enabled by opportunists and morons. FIFY
BearForce2
GoOskie said:

tRump's an idiot anyways. Too bad Twitter can't remove his presidency.

If Trump is an idiot, what does that make the one who lost to him and her voters?
BearForce2
GBear4Life said:

OaktownBear said:

The leftist believes the country and its institutions are racist and has been ruled for so many years by white supremacy. But he also loves this racist, white supremacist country.

GBear4Life
BearForce2 said:

GBear4Life said:

OaktownBear said:

The leftist believes the country and its institutions are racist and has been ruled for so many years by white supremacy. But he also loves this racist, white supremacist country.
OTB's posts are becoming increasingly emotive, self-congratulating, and nonstubstantive.

I actually wasn't trying to dispute whether he feels he "loves this country", since I don't know what that actually entails, and it wouldn't be something I or anybody else could really argue one way or the other. I was actually making fun of him for actually writing out such self-congratulatory prose like he's actually trying to prove something to himself. It's like someone saying "I'm smart". Nobody who is smart says that about themselves past the age of 7.

But the double speak and contradiction of OTB's increasingly belligerent posts reminds me of the British feminist writer who interviewed Jordan Peterson for GQ, rattling off about how society is a "tyrannical patriarchy" and then follows it by conceding how grateful she is to be living in this society (lol), and JP proceeds to litigate her frequent and never ending sophistry and hypocrisy.
BearlyCareAnymore
BearForce2 said:

GBear4Life said:

OaktownBear said:

The rightest posts support for Russian propaganda from people who hate America because they care more about their team winning than their country.

Any other conservatives want to join these three losers? I hope not because to be honest I actually respect the rest of you and these are the three morons I would have expected.

And to be clear, I am not faking. I do love my country and these three scumbags providing a platform and support for this kind of anti American propaganda trash make me want to puke.

GBear4Life
You didn't address the claim of partisan tribalism. You just stated people who aren't like you engage in the same race to the bottom. So it seems like you are saying everyone here is dishonestly tribal and partisan -- and implying that makes criticism on such basis invalid?

We did get the message though, YOU are protecting America.
Yogi3
Unit2Sucks said:

On the other hand, I suppose you could pass for presidential material given the state of the party you shill for. So, congrats?
You couldn't, based on the state of the party you shill for. But force your fingers up a woman's ***** and they may just nominate you yet.
blungld
bearlyamazing said:

Any time the facts don't go your way, you immediately discredit the source.

BEARLYAMAZING QUOTE: "My statements and terms are clear. I don't think he'll be elected. But if he is, he won't be in office till this time next year because of either his misdeeds forcing him out of office or his poor mental health. That's it. Very easy to understand."

BEARLYAMAZING QUOTE: "If Biden is elected and is still serving as president at this time next year, I'll go into self-exile for a month and won't post till July 2021. Anyone else willing to take that bet on the other side?"

I accept your bet as you wrote it. Are we on?

BearForce2
OaktownBear said:

BearForce2 said:

GBear4Life said:

OaktownBear said:

The rightest posts support for Russian propaganda from people who hate America because they care more about their team winning than their country.

Any other conservatives want to join these three losers? I hope not because to be honest I actually respect the rest of you and these are the three morons I would have expected.

And to be clear, I am not faking. I do love my country and these three scumbags providing a platform and support for this kind of anti American propaganda trash make me want to puke.

I don't support Russian propaganda. But you support fake Russian collusion, and therefore, you care more about your team winning than the country.

Please show love for your the country that you called racist. I don't love racist countries.

Econ For Dummies
BlueAnon said:

These poor folks.

What they don't realize is that entities like the New York Times and Fox News can control what messages they put out, but social media can never control the messages that go out without wasting valuable resources. The same theory goes here. I can put up posts faster than the mods can take them down. This is the consequence of having an open forum where people can sign up to join the discussion.

It'll matter for some blue check folks that get accounts suspended because having the world know it's really them is important for their egos, but for regular Joe's, we'll just create another account after you ban us and get the message out anyway. It'll be a fruitless exercise for social media, this website, and the government to try to control the dialogue on the Internet because they don't have 100% control of everything.

The financial markets, however, stand to expose rather loudly to the world what a rigged game they've always been and that's going to piss off the regular joe's who are just catching on. When billionaires get the rules changed and regular people aren't getting their $2,000 checks, that means an energized voter base and consequences for the ones in charge who let the rich guys win.
I do think this probably will backfire on them. I'm interested to see what happens with Parler now that they are based in Russia. Google MyPlay and the Apple Store obviously aren't going to distribute their app, but will they be able to provide their own app installation that doesn't require either of those interfaces? And if the operating system itself bans all non-approved app installs, does a third phone OS come into play?

I'm not really certain how it will all end up, but I do think the stock exchange, the SEC, and the government are going to be heading for some bad PR days.
concordtom
OaktownBear said:

bearlyamazing said:

Maybe BI should add that bit to his signature.
Like "the election is over. Joe Biden is president."
concordtom
SFBear92 said:

BlueAnon said:

These poor folks.

What they don't realize is that entities like the New York Times and Fox News can control what messages they put out, but social media can never control the messages that go out without wasting valuable resources. The same theory goes here. I can put up posts faster than the mods can take them down. This is the consequence of having an open forum where people can sign up to join the discussion.

It'll matter for some blue check folks that get accounts suspended because having the world know it's really them is important for their egos, but for regular Joe's, we'll just create another account after you ban us and get the message out anyway. It'll be a fruitless exercise for social media, this website, and the government to try to control the dialogue on the Internet because they don't have 100% control of everything.

The financial markets, however, stand to expose rather loudly to the world what a rigged game they've always been and that's going to piss off the regular joe's who are just catching on. When billionaires get the rules changed and regular people aren't getting their $2,000 checks, that means an energized voter base and consequences for the ones in charge who let the rich guys win.
I do think this probably will backfire on them. I'm interested to see what happens with Parler now that they are based in Russia. Google MyPlay and the Apple Store obviously aren't going to distribute their app, but will they be able to provide their own app installation that doesn't require either of those interfaces? And if the operating system itself bans all non-approved app installs, does a third phone OS come into play?

I'm not really certain how it will all end up, but I do think the stock exchange, the SEC, and the government are going to be heading for some bad PR days.

I think it's fine for retail brokerages to limit their own exposure or risk.

If someone buys a volatile stock on margin at 100 and it drops to 1, and they don't or won't make their margin call, then the brokerage house has to eat it a debt they helped create.

This would be like banks that fed bad mortgage loans. Except they were too big to fail and got bailed out.

End moral hazard. It F's up the natural order of things.
chazzed
Newsmax is trying to censor Mike Lindell (the MyPillow guy)!

OneKeg
chazzed said:

Fear of getting sued for making baseless claims is a hell of a thing.

Edited to add: sued by Dominion I mean. Lawyers can correct me - I think the standard is different when making baseless claims about public figures. That obviously happens in spades (eg.. Qanon). But making baseless claims about Dominion, as they have in the past, and as Lindell is still doing, exposes Newsmax legally. So suddenly they "care" about not spreading lies (about Dominion anyway).
BearlyCareAnymore
OneKeg said:

chazzed said:

Fear of getting sued for making baseless claims is a hell of a thing.

Edited to add: sued by Dominion I mean. Lawyers can correct me - I think the standard is different when making baseless claims about public figures. That obviously happens in spades (eg.. Qanon). But making baseless claims about Dominion, as they have in the past, and as Lindell is still doing, exposes Newsmax legally. So suddenly they "care" about not spreading lies (about Dominion anyway).

The standard is different, but it is not airtight and I think many have forgotten this as the internet has raced to the bottom. IMO, the Democrats should sue anyone who says their politicians drink children's blood. Start there and see how it goes.

The Dominion cases are going to be interesting. I don't think they are going to settle for a small amount or without a full, public admission that the claims were fabricated. I'm hoping Rudy faces financial ruin.
bearister
Bezos should fund the legal fees for thousands of meritorious civil suits on behalf of anyone slandered or libeled by tRump and his enablers.

Refuse to settle any of the cases, take them all through trial, and appeal, if necessary, and then pursue the judgment debtors to the far ends of the earth until all judgments are fully satisfied.

Also make sure the complaints that are filed contain causes of action that are not dischargeable in bankruptcy.

File follow up lawsuits to set aside any fraudulent transfers of assets made to avoid satisfaction of judgment.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.