Nancy Pelosi wants a national mask mandate

6,139 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by helltopay1
Yogi38
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Once again, she proves that she doesn't care about individual freedom. She cares only about the Nanny State.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/jun/28/nancy-pelosi-us-face-mask-mandate-long-overdue/
golden sloth
Garou said:

Once again, she proves that she doesn't care about individual freedom. She cares only about the Nanny State.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/jun/28/nancy-pelosi-us-face-mask-mandate-long-overdue/

When individuals establish a pattern of irresponsible behavior that risks the health of both other people, and subsequently the economy, a responsible and measured government intervention is not only necessary, but should be viewed as a basic fundamental tenant of government's responsibility to its people.
Yogi38
golden sloth said:

Garou said:

When individuals establish a pattern of irresponsible behavior that risks the health of both other people, and subsequently the economy, a responsible and measured government intervention is not only necessary, but should be viewed as a basic fundamental tenant of government's responsibility to its people.
Your health isn't at risk because YOU can choose who you stand near and how close you stand to them. You can choose to stay at home if you don't feel safe. You can choose to wear a mask when you leave the house.

Your own health is under your control.

That you ever believed it wasn't is the great lie of this lockdown.
GoOskie
Garou said:

Stay home if wearing a mask is too oppressive for you.
This just in: Republicans find another whistleblower who claims Hillary's emails were proven to be on Hunter's laptop while Obama spied on tRump as he sat (shat?) upon his golden toilet. Gym Jordan afraid whistle blower may be in danger of abduction by aliens in cahoots with Democrats.
Krugman Is A Moron
I don't wear the mask for me. I have a negative COVID-19 antibody test. I've not been exposed. I don't have it.

I wear it for YOU because you don't know that when you see me approach.

I've been for wearing masks for a long time and still am. But I also know that if you choose not to wear a mask, you are no danger to me cause I can keep my distance from you.

And that's why a mandate is not only stupid, but unconstitutional.
Anarchistbear
Nancy Pelosi pushing for a mandate will wind up with less people wearing masks. She's as unpopular as Trump. Plus the hypocrisy of announcing this after hundreds of thousands of people were in the streets is too silly.
AunBear89
I demand the freedom to infect anyone and everyone that I want to! It is my God-given right as a privileged white male to do whatever I want to in the name of freedom, regardless of any threat to my fellow citizens.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
golden sloth
Garou said:

golden sloth said:

Garou said:

Your health isn't at risk because YOU can choose who you stand near and how close you stand to them. You can choose to stay at home if you don't feel safe. You can choose to wear a mask when you leave the house.

No.

Government is about the choices you provide your people. People should not have to choose between not driving and the risk of driving with a bunch of drunk people so they outlawed drunk driving. People should not have to choose between having a job and working in unsafe conditions so they created safety standards at work. People should not have to choose between their child getting an education and their child getting the measles so they required immunizations prior to enrolling in school.

People should not have to choose between going outside and getting covid 19. People should not have to choose between working a job and catching covid 19. People should not have to choose between going to the grocery store and catching covid 19. Furthermore, we are doing massive harm to our economy by not requiring masks in all indoor environments, the longer the pandemic lingers the longer the economy is stalled as it wont fully recover until the fear of disruption to the supply chain and consumer spending, which wont occur if there is a new hotspot spike every other week.

Wearing a mask is an extremely minor inconvenience and most Americans wear a mask because they care about other Americans. Anyone that cant endure the minor inconvenience of wearing a mask is either a wimp or selfish.

Finally, I want the freedom to travel again, the world is slowly but surely quarantining the usa because we have failed to contain the virus. As a country we gave up the fight against the pandemic because we couldn't be bothered anymore. Those that refuse to wear a mask do so at the expense of my freedom to do just that. I dont know why their freedoms are more important or valuable than my freedom.
calbear93
Garou said:

golden sloth said:

Garou said:

Harder to stay away when people need to be indoors. And me wearing a mask indoors is not sufficiently effective when some selfish ******* in the same space thinks a requirement to wear a mask is infringing on his rights.

As much as I hated the overly broad and destructive SIP with moving target and moving standards, things like wearing a mask should be promoted by everyone who wants to start opening up the economy.

The only issue I have with mandating something like this is that it will not be enforced in a uniformed manner or be drafted in a logical manner.

Only if we had people who realize that this pandemic happened to everyone and we need to be adaptable and considerate.

People demanding that others do not go around naked is not an infringement on individual rights. Neither is demanding that people wear a mask where it is difficult to social distance.
calbear93
Anarchistbear said:

Nancy Pelosi pushing for a mandate will wind up with less people wearing masks. She's as unpopular as Trump. Plus the hypocrisy of announcing this after hundreds of thousands of people were in the streets is too silly.
I cannot argue with this.
Big C

Seems like urging, in a consistent and compelling way, would be as effective as mandating, maybe more so. Mandating just seems like it's stirring the pot even more, especially when it's not something that's going to be enforced.

In Big C's America, almost everybody would be wearing the masks because they knew it was the right thing to do.
BearNIt
It's easy, wear a mask and obtain further protections not only from catching COVID 19 and possibly dying but more importantly from passing it on to other people. We are seeing the results of opening too early, not keeping social distances, or not wearing a mask. I have no problem if you don't want to wear a mask and risk dying or risk the wellbeing of your loved ones but I do have a problem when you don't want to wear a mask and risk other people's lives. When you don't want to wear a mask and show up to the ER because you can't breathe, the hospital staff looks at you while you are gasping for air and thinks, what a F***ing Moron, they or their family could have prevented this if only they had followed the advisements. They also think now I have to get the patient and or their family through the next month or so through this all because they wanted to go to a restaurant, they didn't want to wear a mask, or they didn't want to shelter in place. Be smart, make decisions that save not only your life but the lives of people around you. It doesn't take that much effort or sacrifice.
bearister
Big C said:

..In Big C's America, almost everybody would be wearing the masks because they knew it was the right thing to do.

In my America two mask warnings (tracked by facial recognition software), followed by strike three (followed by burial in a mass grave in a potter's field):

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Krugman Is A Moron
golden sloth said:

Garou said:

golden sloth said:

Garou said:

No.
Yes.

If I run into you at full speed, you will live because me at full speed is not a car. That's why vehicles are regulated differently from people.

If I walked right up to your smug face and coughed into it, you'd live.

I'm not actually going to do either of those things because I actually care about people (just not most of the people on this forum), and because whatever my anonymous self says to you hypocrites on this forum, I don't engage in anti-social destructive behavior like the open-carry people who cry about their freedoms or the white looters who operate under the cover of a protest to just flat out steal things.

And if I actually was a carrier (which I'm not, as I gave a double red cell blood donation - another way in which I back up what I say with action rather than virtue signalling and got a free COVID-19 antibody test out of it), I wouldn't be putting any of you or you other smug Biden voters in peril for your life. I'd put my hopes in that karma would give you the electoral results that you so richly deserve.
Krugman Is A Moron
calbear93 said:

Garou said:

golden sloth said:

Garou said:

Harder to stay away when people need to be indoors. And me wearing a mask indoors is not sufficiently effective when some selfish ******* in the same space thinks a requirement to wear a mask is infringing on his rights.
Are you fscking helpless. Do you not walk?

Because if you walk, you can get away from that person. And if that person chases after you, you can drive away from him. And if he still insists on being in your presence, you can call up those police whose rights you care so much about and tell them that someone is infringing on your personal space and, assuming they don't have some poor black guy's neck to stand on at the moment that demands their full attention, they'll probably tell that guy to leave you alone.
Krugman Is A Moron
Big C said:

Seems like urging, in a consistent and compelling way, would be as effective as mandating, maybe more so. Mandating just seems like it's stirring the pot even more, especially when it's not something that's going to be enforced.

In Big C's America, almost everybody would be wearing the masks because they knew it was the right thing to do.
In Big C's world, no one would need to wear a mask because they'd be too busy patting themselves on the back
Krugman Is A Moron
BearNIt said:

It's easy, wear a mask and obtain further protections not only from catching COVID 19 and possibly dying but more importantly from passing it on to other people. We are seeing the results of opening too early
No.

We are seeing the results of what happens when people refuse to wear masks.

Period. End of story.
calbear93
Matthew Patel said:

calbear93 said:

Garou said:

golden sloth said:

Garou said:

Because if you walk, you can get away from that person. And if that person chases after you, you can drive away from him. And if he still insists on being in your presence, you can call up those police whose rights you care so much about and tell them that someone is infringing on your personal space and, assuming they don't have some poor black guy's neck to stand on at the moment that demands their full attention, they'll probably tell that guy to leave you alone.
Again, so much lack of self-awareness. Glad you are being civil and not talking down to people who disagree or not misrepresenting. Well, let me return the favor.

You seem to completely ignore that walking away from people may not be possible indoors.

What is your objection to requiring people to wear masks? So, let me get this straight. So, your response to someone spreading sufficient viral load in a market by not wearing a mask and not social distancing is trivializing George Floyd's death to make a point (but since you made a donation at an art museum, I guess you are all good with BLM)? Or walking away and not buying groceries? Just shut the **** up. No one takes you seriously because you are a ridiculous person. And no amount of spending hours and hours here signing on through different sock puppets will get people to respect your opinions despite you pleading with them to respond or despite you giving yourself stars and then claiming you do so because you don't care. No one is buying your shyte.
golden sloth
Matthew Patel said:

golden sloth said:

Garou said:

golden sloth said:

Garou said:

No.
Yes.

If I run into you at full speed, you will live because me at full speed is not a car. That's why vehicles are regulated differently from people.

I'm not actually going to do either of those things because I actually care about people (just not most of the people on this forum), and because whatever my anonymous self says to you hypocrites on this forum, I don't engage in anti-social destructive behavior like the open-carry people who cry about their freedoms or the white looters who operate under the cover of a protest to just flat out steal things.

And if I actually was a carrier (which I'm not, as I gave a double red cell blood donation - another way in which I back up what I say with action rather than virtue signalling and got a free COVID-19 antibody test out of it), I wouldn't be putting any of you or you other smug Biden voters in peril for your life. I'd put my hopes in that karma would give you the electoral results that you so richly deserve.
No, and you didn't respond to my argument.

More importantly, right now you presumably don't wear a mask in public. You rationalize this by having provided a blood donation (kudos for that), but you very easily could have contracted the disease after the blood donation test results, and you could be unknowingly transmitting the disease. A disease that disproportionately hurts minorities and low-income people as they don't have access to medical care and have the hourly wage jobs that are impossible to engage in from home yet the government considers essential. If you cared about these minorities and low-income people you would wear a mask, but instead the inconvenience of the mask is just way too much for you to deal with.
bearister
"If I walked right up to your smug face and coughed into it, you'd live."

...but you wouldn't.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
smh
> I've been for wearing masks for a long time and still am. But I also know that if you choose not to wear a mask, you are no danger to me cause I can keep my distance from you.

no. maskless "you" mosdef threatens me (and mine), stuck sheltering in place while the plague rages. fed by indulgent antisocial behavior by you and other self-obsessed smart assets.
# have a nice day
muting ~250 handles, turnaround is fair play
smh
BearNIt said:

It's easy, wear a mask and obtain further protections not only from catching COVID 19 and possibly dying but more importantly from passing it on to other people. We are seeing the results of opening too early, not keeping social distances, or not wearing a mask. I have no problem if you don't want to wear a mask and risk dying or risk the wellbeing of your loved ones but I do have a problem when you don't want to wear a mask and risk other people's lives. When you don't want to wear a mask and show up to the ER because you can't breathe, the hospital staff looks at you while you are gasping for air and thinks, what a F***ing Moron, they or their family could have prevented this if only they had followed the advisements. They also think now I have to get the patient and or their family through the next month or so through this all because they wanted to go to a restaurant, they didn't want to wear a mask, or they didn't want to shelter in place. Be smart, make decisions that save not only your life but the lives of people around you. It doesn't take that much effort or sacrifice.
wish i could Like-click again # one handle per poster is HARD #

/*** snipped from the internets.. */
NLT Not Later Than
NLT New Living Translation (of the Bible)
NLT Northern Light Technologies (various locations)
NLT No Later Than
NLT Nail-Laminated Timber (construction method)
NLT Not Less Than.............ding ding ding?
NLT Nucleus Load Table
NLT Night Letter (US Navy)
NLT Non-Linear Transformation
NLT National Leadership Team
NLT New Leader Training (various organizations)
NLT NonLethal Technologies, Inc.
NLT Nokia Life Tools (software)
NLT No Lost Time
NLT No Left Turn
NLT No Longer Together (band)
NLT Non-Linear Transistor
NLT Non Life Threatening
NLT North Luzon Tollway (Philippines)
NLT Navy Liaison Team
NLT No Load Test
NLT NATO Liaison Team
NLT National League of Translators (Moscow, Russia)
NLT No Lunch Today (record of diet)
NLT Nonluminal Thrombosis Rate
muting ~250 handles, turnaround is fair play
Krugman Is A Moron
calbear93 said:

Matthew Patel said:

calbear93 said:

Garou said:

golden sloth said:

Garou said:

Again, so much lack of self-awareness. Glad you are being civil and not talking down to people who disagree or not misrepresenting. Well, let me return the favor.

You seem to completely ignore that walking away from people may not be possible indoors.

What is your objection to requiring people to wear masks? So, let me get this straight. So, your response to someone spreading sufficient viral load in a market by not wearing a mask and not social distancing is trivializing George Floyd's death to make a point (but since you made a donation at an art museum, I guess you are all good with BLM)? Or walking away and not buying groceries? Just shut the **** up. No one takes you seriously because you are a ridiculous person. And no amount of spending hours and hours here signing on through different sock puppets will get people to respect your opinions despite you pleading with them to respond or despite you giving yourself stars and then claiming you do so because you don't care. No one is buying your shyte.
I never claimed I don't talk down to people. Just the ones who have earned it. Like you.

Did they stop making doors in 2020? Because otherwise getting 6 feet away from someone inside is absurdly easy. Maybe not for you though. You're a binary thinker.

As for me objecting to people wearing masks, try reading. It'll be good for your brain.
Krugman Is A Moron
golden sloth said:

Matthew Patel said:

golden sloth said:

Garou said:

golden sloth said:

Garou said:

No.
Yes.

No, and you didn't respond to my argument.

More importantly, right now you presumably don't wear a mask in public.
More importantly right now, you are wrong.
calbear93
Matthew Patel said:

calbear93 said:

Matthew Patel said:

calbear93 said:

Garou said:

golden sloth said:

Garou said:

I never claimed I don't talk down to people. Just the ones who have earned it. Like you.

Did they stop making doors in 2020? Because otherwise getting 6 feet away from someone inside is absurdly easy. Maybe not for you though. You're a binary thinker.

As for me objecting to people wearing masks, try reading. It'll be good for your brain.

Only if you could see yourself as others see you. You are the prime example of an insignificant twit who has convinced himself his opinion matters, but I suspect you know deep down that no one here or outside these boards give a **** about you or your opinions. The only reason they may humor you is out of innate politeness, but screw that. You talking about your progressive values, caring about minorities, sense of importance and intelligence is like Trump calling himself a genius. It is laughably stupid and manifestation of a deep insecurity. But based on how people react to you and your sock puppets (how does anyone of any significance have time to sign on and sign off with so many puppets), I think even you know what a loser you are. Just shut the **** up and stop embarrassing yourself.
Big C
Matthew Patel said:

Big C said:

In Big C's world, no one would need to wear a mask because they'd be too busy patting themselves on the back

Makes sense. Good one! Wait, what?
BearForce2
AunBear89 said:

I demand the freedom to infect anyone and everyone that I want to! It is my God-given right as a privileged white male to do whatever I want to in the name of freedom, regardless of any threat to my fellow citizens.

oh no, not again, calm down AunB.
BearForce2
bearister said:

Big C said:

..In Big C's America, almost everybody would be wearing the masks because they knew it was the right thing to do.

In my America two mask warnings (tracked by facial recognition software), followed by strike three (followed by burial in a mass grave in a potter's field):

Krugman Is A Moron
calbear93 said:

Matthew Patel said:

calbear93 said:

Matthew Patel said:

calbear93 said:

Garou said:

golden sloth said:

Garou said:

Only if you could see yourself as others see you.
LOL at you thinking you are helpless to stop the evil non-mask wearers from getting you sick.

But more important, LOL at how when your feeble arguments are destroyed how you always resort to this.

Always remember. I'm not hear to converse with the likes of you. You're not worthy. I'm just hear laughing at the superior intellect.
calbear93
Matthew Patel said:

calbear93 said:

Matthew Patel said:

calbear93 said:

Matthew Patel said:

calbear93 said:

Garou said:

golden sloth said:

Garou said:

Only if you could see yourself as others see you.
LOL at you thinking you are helpless to stop the evil non-mask wearers from getting you sick.

But more important, LOL at how when your feeble arguments are destroyed how you always resort to this.

Always remember. I'm not hear to converse with the likes of you. You're not worthy. I'm just hear laughing at the superior intellect.

You are as delusional and unpersuasive as humanly possible. You can say the sky is up and you have made yourself into such a ridiculous person through your delusions of grandeur that people will assume you are full of shyte. I cannot imagine spending as much time as you on this board seeking so much affirmation, betraying so much insecurity, creating so many sock puppets and still being mocked when not ignored. I mean, how deranged do you have to be to create sock puppets that respond to each other? How little do you have to add to this society that this is what you do. You have made yourself into such a sad person that all your insults are just sound and fury signifying nothing. Bye bye.
Krugman Is A Moron
AunBear89
Posting this as if it is new information. It's not. The people who choose not to mask are willfully ignorant or just to dumb to care.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
Krugman Is A Moron
AunBear89 said:

Posting this as if it is new information. It's not. The people who choose not to mask are willfully ignorant or just to dumb to care.
I know. But some folks refuse to accept reality. Plus many others are gaslighting me as someone who is advocating not wearing a mask.
GBear4Life
GoOskie said:

Garou said:

Stay home if wearing a mask is too oppressive for you.
Wrong -- stay at home or engage in any other measures you deem fit if others not wearing masks bothers you.
AunBear89
Actual photo of GB4L:
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.