John Lewis Civil Rights Icon Has Died

6,302 Views | 81 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by okaydo
AunBear89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm guessing GoldenOnenote and GB4L are in there too.
bearister
GoOskie said:

I will be shocked if tRump is reelected. Those are just postings from morons, bots and russians. And maybe one or two from bearfarce.

How many morons do you figure are registered voters?
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
GoOskie
bearister said:

GoOskie said:

I will be shocked if tRump is reelected. Those are just postings from morons, bots and russians. And maybe one or two from bearfarce.

Legion.

But...this will be the largest turnout in recent memory. Always good news for dems. I'm willing to make a bet with stanky1 that the morbidly obese stain in the WH is landslided. And hopefully with some warrants awaiting him afterwards.
This just in: Republicans find another whistleblower who claims Hillary's emails were proven to be on Hunter's laptop while Obama spied on tRump as he sat (shat?) upon his golden toilet. Gym Jordan afraid whistle blower may be in danger of abduction by aliens in cahoots with Democrats.
drizzlybears brother
bearister said:

GoOskie said:

F'ing morons, glad I'm not one.

Although I'm not sure what I did to avoid it.

calbear93
drizzlybears brother said:

bearister said:

GoOskie said:

Moronicity is in the eye of the beholder. =)
drizzlybears brother
calbear93 said:

bearister said:

GoOskie said:

True, but that moron could have just as easily been me. Meaning no one sets out to be a moron. We each get what we get.
calbear93

calbear93 said:

bearister said:

GoOskie said:

True, but that moron could have just as easily been me. Meaning no one sets out to be a moron. We each get what we get.
My point being that those morons will read your posts / my posts and think we are morons and be glad that they are not "morons" like us.
drizzlybears brother
calbear93 said:

calbear93 said:

bearister said:

GoOskie said:

My point being that those morons will read your posts / my posts and think we are morons and be glad that they are not "morons" like us.
Sure, but would we not do the same were we in their shoes?

Sorry, not trying to be obtuse, but was trying to make the point that we don't accomplish much by demonizing others, as it might just be circumstance that has put us in opposing shoes. More practically, we better stand to close our gap if we can see them in some ways as ourselves and appeal to them as such.
calbear93

calbear93 said:

calbear93 said:

bearister said:

GoOskie said:

Sure, but would we not do the same were we in their shoes?

Sorry, not trying to be obtuse, but was trying to make the point that we don't accomplish much by demonizing others, as it might just be circumstance that has put us in opposing shoes. More practically, we better stand to close our gap if we can see them in some ways as ourselves and appeal to them as such.
I guess we were getting to the same point.
BearForce2

John Lewis' funeral is the perfect time to bring up the filibuster.

bearister
"When historians pick up their pens to write the story of the 21st century, let them say that it was your generation who laid down the heavy burdens of hate at last and that peace finally triumphed over violence, aggression and war. So I say to you, walk with the wind, brothers and sisters, and let the spirit of peace and the power of everlasting love be your guide."

John Lewis
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Krugman Is A Moron
https://truthout.org/articles/bill-clinton-used-john-lewiss-funeral-to-disparage-the-black-freedom-struggle/?utm_campaign=Truthout+Share+Buttons
okaydo
https://www.mediaite.com/tv/trump-rips-john-lewis-for-not-attending-his-inauguration-when-asked-about-his-legacy-i-dont-know-john-lewis/

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.