Republican Voter Supression Thread

14,935 Views | 138 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by chazzed
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Krugman Is A Moron
I'm fine with suppressing the votes of Republican voters
B.A. Bearacus
Okaydo, this is peak tribalism. You're better than this. You're not being fair to Republicans, who, as the president himself stated, cannot win an election if you make it too easy for registered voters to vote.
okaydo

bearister
As we have said many times on this board, whatever tRump accuses someone of, he is doing x 10. To think that one fat, stupid, orange, and felonious man could have his hands on the helm of what once was the world's most respected and preeminent Super Power.

I chalk it up to the dumbing down of America, you know, that country that made the Kardashians billionaires. A family with no discernible skills.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
okaydo
Harris County judge---->

okaydo

okaydo

okaydo

blungld
I am horrified that there are people in this country and people on this board who don't care to win on the best ideas, but are fine with straight cheating to attain power and who will then have either the audacity or cognitive dissonance to accuse others of the same. These, presumably, are the same people who do not care HOW Cal wins, just that they do.
BearForce2
blungld said:

I am horrified that there are people in this country and people on this board who don't care to win on the best ideas, but are fine with straight cheating to attain power and who will then have either the audacity or cognitive dissonance to accuse others of the same. These, presumably, are the same people who do not care HOW Cal wins, just that they do.
Cal doesn't win, they don't even want to play. They want social justice, they want to get paid. Because the country is falling apart and white supremacy is everywhere, even in the water you drink.

The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
okaydo

okaydo

chazzed
Everybody can agree that Republicans excel at preventing citizens from voting and votes from being counted.
concordtom
I've learned a lot about "voter suppression" in 2020. There are plenty of ways it happens.

Close down # of precincts in neighborhoods where you don't want turnout so that there are long lines which discourage participation.

Move the location far away from residents.

Move the location to a police station, scaring people away.

Use various rationality to slash voter registration lists, so when people show up to vote, they can't.

Lots of ways. The case of Dodge City KS was on NPR some months ago. Frightful. They moved the voting location in the heavily latino town to outside of town, off bus lines. Voter participation was at about 20% only.
https://www.kansascity.com/opinion/editorials/article220341790.html

And this video was educational as well. After watching, I'm confident that these games elected Bush over Gore in 2000.
B.A. Bearacus
okaydo said:

okaydo
B.A. Bearacus said:

okaydo said:

Reminds me of how the state of Florida's unemployment benefits sites would suddenly not work earlier this year.

I guess the Florida sunshine doesn't attract the best IT guys.
okaydo

okaydo
okaydo
I wouldn't be shocked if this is made illegal:

Unit2Sucks
I'm not up to speed on Texas shenanigans, why aren't people mailing in these ballots? Seems like the risk of USPS losing your ballot is lower than the risk of Greg Abbott, Dan Patrick or some other anti-democratic force of Texas evil doing something with the ballots that were dropped off.

Fortunately, there is almost no chance that Texas is the deciding state.
Krugman Is A Moron
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/texas-attorney-general-ken-paxton-accused-bribery/
"Yogi is right" - Oaktown Bear
okaydo

smh
Unit2Sucks said:

I'm not up to speed on Texas shenanigans, why aren't people mailing in these ballots? Seems like the risk of USPS losing your ballot is lower than the risk of Greg Abbott, Dan Patrick or some other anti-democratic force of Texas evil doing something with the ballots that were dropped off.

randoms..

most recent listed 538 polls have texas presidential nearly tied, fwiw
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/texas

not too far off from bluish-ohio, nc, and florida
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-election-forecast

for more jollies see 538's sequenced snaking path to victory on the same page
# merrily merrily.. life is but a dream
muting ~250 handles, turnaround is fair play
Unit2Sucks
smh said:

Unit2Sucks said:

randoms..

most recent listed 538 polls have texas presidential nearly tied, fwiw
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/texas

not too far off from bluish-ohio, nc, and florida
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-election-forecast

for more jollies see 538's sequenced snaking path to victory on the same page
# merrily merrily.. life is but a dream

My point is that if Texas is close, Trump is going to lose in a tremendous landslide like no one (under 40) has ever seen, as he would say. He won Texas by 9 points over Hillary, which is 12 points better than he did overall. If Texas is competitive we are talking blowout we haven't seen since Reagan (400+ electoral votes).

okaydo

smh
texas' supreme court justices are all Republicans, appointed by R gubs. half (4) are on the state ballot for re-election next month. wild shot in the dark, even if rejected, incestuous governor whoever would put 'em right back on the bench. # whee
okaydo

smh
> NEW & BIG: Bill Barr's DOJ has changed voting-investigation policy

tempting to suppose 45's shock troops are moving to the next phase: cancelling election outcomes
AunBear89
BearForce2
chazzed said:

Everybody can agree that Republicans excel at preventing citizens from voting and votes from being counted.

No, it's the Democrat left wing nut jobs that are the cheaters. It doesn't matter what your echo chamber tells you.

Hillary Clinton to Biden: Don't concede if the election is close

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/25/hillary-clinton-joe-biden-election-advice-401641
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
AunBear89
"No puppet. You're the puppet. "

"I know you are, but what am I?"

"I am rubber, you are glue..."

These are the only debate strategies you Righteous Righties have left. Bunch of losers..
okaydo
Unit2Sucks
Is anyone surprised that after months of Republicans pretending like mail in voting causes fraud, they are proving it by engaging in fraud?

chazzed
Unit2Sucks said:

Is anyone surprised that after months of Republicans pretending like mail in voting causes fraud, they are proving it by engaging in fraud?

It is straight out of the Republican playbook: Accuse your opponent of that which you are doing.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/california-republicans-allegedly-setting-fake-043500622.html?soc_src=community&soc_trk=tw

Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.