Why 2016'sNon-Voters Are Staying Home Again

792 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Yogi44
Yogi46
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/26/us/election-nonvoters.html

Quote:

Jennifer Martin, 46, a single mother waiting in line in her car at the Pleasant Valley Ecumenical Network food pantry in Sciota, Pa., said the last time she voted she was in her 20s. Politics, she said, has little relevance to her life. The two political parties seemed about the same.

A recent study found that people like Ms. Martin who do not follow politics closely have different concerns from those who do. For example, they say that low hourly wages are among the most important problems facing the country. For hard partisans, who are more likely to vote, the issue barely registers.

"I work at a day care where they pay their workers nothing," she said. "That's why I have to come to places like this to feed my family."

Might the election change things?

"I'm not interested in it," she said.
bearister
"....people like Ms. Martin who do not follow politics closely have different concerns from those who do. For example, they say that low hourly wages are among the most important problems facing the country."

Well, because of her, and like minded people not voting, maybe tRump will win. He and the Republicans will address her beef with the minimum wage, right? F her and people like her.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
oskidunker
More young people are voting. It will make a difference along with seniors fed up with Trump. But who really knows v
Go Bears!
Yogi44
bearister said:

"....people like Ms. Martin who do not follow politics closely have different concerns from those who do. For example, they say that low hourly wages are among the most important problems facing the country."

Well, because of her, and like minded people not voting, maybe tRump will win. He and the Republicans will address her beef with the minimum wage, right? F her and people like her.
How arrogant for you to assume that it's her responsibility to vote the way you want even though neither candidate offers her anything that benefits her life. For most people, their lives have not changed one iota whether Obama or Trump was President (and overpriced Obamacare is not a win for them). Only privileged white affluent voters think that the President's decorum is as important as they think it is.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.