Final Election Prediction

105,735 Views | 1183 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by concordtom
dimitrig
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Whatever happens with the Presidency, it looks like we get another 4 years of Moscow Mitch running the Senate. Only one seat has been gained for the Dems so far and it looks to stay that way. +1 Arizona and Colorado, -1 Alabama.

BearForce2
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
hanky1
concordtom said:

Well said, D.

It's the equivalent of the "shy Trump voter". The "shy racist". Closet.
oh jesus have you guys learned nothing from the 2016 election?

Doesn't look like you'll learn from 2020 either?
dimitrig

If Biden won Pennsylvania, Arizona, and Georgia but lost Wisconsin and Michigan he'd still win the election.

concordtom
hanky1 said:

concordtom said:

Well said, D.

Okay, Hanky - you're so smart.
What am I missing?

That it's cool to screw other women? To grab them? To split up immigrating families as a border deterrent? To incite violence? To F up the environment? .... I can't go on citing all the terrible things about Trump's Party. You tell me.
sycasey
dimitrig said:

If Biden won Pennsylvania, Arizona, and Georgia but lost Wisconsin and Michigan he'd still win the election.

We'll see, but I'd cautiously call him a favorite in all five.
concordtom
dimitrig said:

Yeah, I was looking at that, too. But which of any WI and MI and PA is Biden gonna get? None.
I'm moving to Europe. That or jump off the GG Bridge.
concordtom
dimitrig said:

Whatever happens with the Presidency, it looks like we get another 4 years of Moscow Mitch running the Senate. Only one seat has been gained for the Dems so far and it looks to stay that way. +1 Arizona and Colorado, -1 Alabama.

Peters in MI appears also lost. So, the Senate was +2-2=push. Still, 47-53 GOP.
hanky1
concordtom said:

dimitrig said:

Yeah, I was looking at that, too. But which of any WI and MI and PA is Biden gonna get? None.
I'm moving to Europe. That or jump off the GG Bridge.

Chill the F out. It's not the end of the world. I think your guy will barely eek out a victory. Barely.
dimitrig
concordtom said:

hanky1 said:

concordtom said:

Well said, D.

What am I missing?

That it's cool to screw other women? To grab them? To split up immigrating families as a border deterrent? To incite violence? To F up the environment? .... I can't go on citing all the terrible things about Trump's Party. You tell me.

My dad moved to the US from Europe. In fact, he was an illegal immigrant who jumped ship (he was a sailor at the time) and was deported before later being lucky enough to come back again to settle here legally. He is now a proud US citizen. He supports Trump. When asked why he says: "He will get rid of the Mexicans." Without questioning whether that's a good goal or not, I told him: "They are already here and he hasn't done it in 4 years so far. Why do you think he will do it now?" I get a blank stare. My dad is not a dumb guy. He went to the best schools in his home country. When he came here he was forced to do more menial jobs because of the language barrier before working his way up to being a computer programmer back when that was much more of a big deal. My dad doesn't watch Fox News. In fact, if he watches any news it is probably from his home country. However, as a result he also doesn't really follow politics very closely. He just knows Trump as this pro-business, anti-immigration celebrity who can probably be trusted based on his success. That's what I call a low-information voter, and there are a lot of them. Luckily, my dad also doesn't trust the voting process and probably also didn't vote.

BearForce2
PA is a mess.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
sycasey
hanky1 said:

concordtom said:

Well said, D.

Everyone here knows I'm not shy about criticizing Trump.

But based on the results so far I don't think you can chalk it all up to racist votes. Trump has clearly improved his margins with Hispanic/Latino voters. He's not winning them overall, but much better than last time. There are other factors at play.
dimitrig
BearForce2 said:

PA is a mess.

Looks like we won't know the results tonight.

There are too many mail-in ballots yet to be counted in key states and those will likely move towards Biden, which is why Trump has been screaming all along about needing to declare a winner on election night and Dems trying to steal the election.

Kudos to states that had their act together despite being Republican like Texas and Ohio. Shame on any state legislature which sought to delay the counting of early votes or mail-in votes as they came in to cause this situation.

I don't care what your politics is, count the votes as they come in. Now the entire nation is left in the lurch as some key states have stopped counting for the night because they need their beauty sleep.

concordtom
dimitrig said:

concordtom said:

hanky1 said:

concordtom said:

Well said, D.

What am I missing?

My dad moved to the US from Europe. In fact, he was an illegal immigrant who jumped ship (he was a sailor at the time) and was deported before later being lucky enough to come back again to settle here legally. He is now a proud US citizen. He supports Trump. When asked why he says: "He will get rid of the Mexicans." Without questioning whether that's a good goal or not, I told him: "They are already here and he hasn't done it in 4 years so far. Why do you think he will do it now?" I get a blank stare. My dad is not a dumb guy. He went to the best schools in his home country. When he came here he was forced to do more menial jobs because of the language barrier before working his way up to being a computer programmer back when that was much more of a big deal. My dad doesn't watch Fox News. In fact, if he watches any news it is probably from his home country. However, as a result he also doesn't really follow politics very closely. He just knows Trump as this pro-business, anti-immigration celebrity who can probably be trusted based on his success. That's what I call a low-information voter, and there are a lot of them. Luckily, my dad also doesn't trust the voting process and probably also didn't vote.

Good story. Thanks for sharing. What country?
However - that didn't explain the appeal to so many people who voted for Trump. Only reason you provided is that "he will get rid of the Mexicans." What a f-ing HUGE racist commentary!! Plus, you say that such people don't bother to vote.

By the way, respect to your father for being an immigrant and having to make that cultural leap. Not easy, I know! I lived in Spain for a while.

By the way, purchase the book Empty Planet for your father. Or just give him the thesis, which is this:

1. Birth rates are plummeting around the world! People are having fewer kids as a lifestyle decision as they move off the farm and into the city.

2. The revised projections (of the authors and other demographers) indicate that global population will peak at 9B in 2050, flatten, and then begin to fall.

3. Replacement rate is 2.1 - all women must have 2.1 babies for population to remain static.

4. The US rate is 1.88. Most ALL of Europe is below that. Many Asian nations are far below 2.1, some just above 1.0. India is significantly above, but falling. Africa remains the region where the rate is far above replacement rate, but it is also falling there.

5. Consumption is the #1 driver of GDP growth.

6. Population is the #1 driver of Consumption. Worker Productivity gains also drives GDP growth, but Population is #1.

7. The only way to have an increasing population without more births is: live longer, immigration.

8. Therefore, in a world of declining populations, countries will ultimately be in competition for immigrants in order to support their economic engines - engines which support the existing aging (retired) populations.

THEREFORE, IMMIGRANTS ARE GOOD - NOT BAD!!! GET USED TO IT.

BearForce2
Pause? Why stop counting?
BearForce2
Who told the states to stop counting?
BearForce2
Here's comes the spin from the left:
Trump's Chilling Threat to Stop the Vote Count

[url=https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/election-results-and-news-11-03-20/index.html][/url]
okaydo
Midnight prediction: Biden will have 321 electoral college votes.
concordtom
okaydo said:

Might you serve me up a 321 Proof drink now?
Eastern Oregon Bear
okaydo said:

This is the 21st century. It should be called the electoral university.
BearForce2
Trump Win: IA, Fl, MO, OH, TX

Trump Edge: NC, MI, PA

Tight: WI, GA

TIGHT: NV, VA, AZ

Biden Win: MN, NH

LunchTime
Michigan is solid blue. All the missing votes are heavily blue. I think they will get double what they need to tie.

PA looks like a toss-up. Most of the uncounted are blue, but even increasing the lead its very close.

GA looks like its blue.

Biden 286, I think. Postpone the Civil War two years.
LunchTime
BearForce2 said:

Trump Win: IA, Fl, MO, OH, TX

Trump Edge: NC, MI, PA

Tight: WI, GA

TIGHT: NV, VA, AZ

Biden Win: MN, NH

that site is cancer growing on cancer. The ads and content are just insane.
sycasey
AP calls Arizona for Biden.
concordtom
LunchTime said:

Michigan is solid blue. All the missing votes are heavily blue. I think they will get double what they need to tie.

PA looks like a toss-up. Most of the uncounted are blue, but even increasing the lead its very close.

GA looks like its blue.

I tell you what - I'm going to chug this last glass of vodka if only so I can fall asleep.
I have no idea how you are postulating that Biden can overcome the deficits in all these states. If so, I'll wake up and the bad dream will have been just that. If I don't wake up, well, it's just as well.
concordtom
sycasey said:

Too little.
dimitrig
concordtom said:

sycasey said:

Too little.

Assuming Arizona is in the bag, then if Biden wins Wisconsin and Georgia, but loses Pennsylvania and Michigan he will be at 270 exactly (270-265 final). Michigan is even more electoral votes, so if he wins that and loses Wisconsin that's a gain.

Who would have thought that the swing state might be Georgia?!

sycasey
concordtom said:

LunchTime said:

GA looks like its blue.

I tell you what - I'm going to chug this last glass of vodka if only so I can fall asleep.
I have no idea how you are postulating that Biden can overcome the deficits in all these states. If so, I'll wake up and the bad dream will have been just that. If I don't wake up, well, it's just as well.

Almost all the remaining votes to be counted are mail-in ballots from big cities (Milwaukee, Detroit, Philly, Atlanta). You should expect those to swing VERY heavily Democratic. Like, as much as 4- or 5-to-1. Given how many votes are left in these states, all are likely to flip. Georgia will be very close.
dimitrig
sycasey said:

concordtom said:

LunchTime said:

Almost all the remaining votes to be counted are mail-in ballots from big cities (Milwaukee, Detroit, Philly, Atlanta). You should expect those to swing VERY heavily Democratic. Like, as much as 4- or 5-to-1. Given how many votes are left in these states, all are likely to flip. Georgia will be very close.

I admire your optimism. Last time out some of these states were VERY close but swung the wrong way. Tonight the GOP has definitely outperformed so I am not sure why we should expect things to align for Biden.

concordtom
sycasey said:

concordtom said:

LunchTime said:

GA looks like its blue.

Source for such heavy optimism?
BearForce2
LunchTime said:

GA looks like its blue.

What site are you getting your info from?
sycasey
dimitrig said:

concordtom said:

sycasey said:

Too little.

Assuming Arizona is in the bag, then if Biden wins Wisconsin and Georgia, but loses Pennsylvania and Michigan he will be at 270 exactly (270-265 final). Michigan is even more electoral votes, so if he wins that and loses Wisconsin that's a gain.

Who would have thought that the swing state might be Georgia?!

He's also getting one electoral vote out of Nebraska (Omaha), which gives him a path of AZ + MI + WI without needing PA or GA. I think he's strongly favored to win the Presidency.

Assuming no shenanigans with throwing out ballots, etc.
dimitrig
BearForce2 said:

LunchTime said:

GA looks like its blue.

538.com says this about Wisconsin:

"Some Wisconsin math: Trump leads by 119,000 votes there currently. But there are reported 211,000 absentee ballots yet to be counted in Milwaukee County, which are likely to be very blue. If Biden won them 3:1, it would make the state very close.

Beyond that, what's outstanding is a bit less clear. The city of Green Bay has yet to report results, which should be blue-ish but it's certainly no Madison or Milwaukee."

I am guessing Wisconsin will be down to the wire. Again. It was decided by less than 23,000 votes last time. I expect more of same.

sycasey
dimitrig said:

BearForce2 said:

LunchTime said:

GA looks like its blue.

538.com says this about Wisconsin:

"Some Wisconsin math: Trump leads by 119,000 votes there currently. But there are reported 211,000 absentee ballots yet to be counted in Milwaukee County, which are likely to be very blue. If Biden won them 3:1, it would make the state very close.

Beyond that, what's outstanding is a bit less clear. The city of Green Bay has yet to report results, which should be blue-ish but it's certainly no Madison or Milwaukee."

I am guessing Wisconsin will be down to the wire. Again. It was decided by less than 23,000 votes last time. I expect more of same.

Apparently Kenosha also has a lot of absentee ballots left. What we've seen in other counties is a heavy blue shift once the absentees are counted (no surprise, Democrats wanted to vote by mail).

Probably will be fairly close, but if Biden keeps up the absentee pace I think he gets there.
sycasey
Boom.

Remaining votes should be all mail-in and skew Dem. This is probably over.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.