Andrew Cuomo nominated for Time's Man of the Year

10,908 Views | 142 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearForce2
Anarchistbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Time's Person of the Year will be... Karen
Kaworu
Rush Limbaugh said:

However, he has already won a much more prestigious award

https://townhall.com/columnists/jeffcrouere/2020/11/30/andrew-cuomo-is-ringside-politics-turkey-of-the-year-n2580771
This is where the real voter fraud occurred. I'd have Sidney Powell look into it right away.
okaydo
Rush Limbaugh said:

However, he has already won a much more prestigious award

https://townhall.com/columnists/jeffcrouere/2020/11/30/andrew-cuomo-is-ringside-politics-turkey-of-the-year-n2580771

There's a nomination process. Well, I nominate helltopay1.

helltopay1
Makes sense. trump made peace possible between Israel, the UAE and Bahrain. Nominated three times therefore for the Nobel peace prize----Cuomo causes the death of between 5,000-10,000 nursing home patients because they were ordered to go there from hospitals under his decree----so----'man of the year"??? Cuomo--of course---and the elites wonder why they are despised by 50% of the country....
AunBear89
Yes! That long, long, really long war between Israel, UAEand Bahrain. So long. Longest anyone has every seen. Beautifully long. So glad it's over.

Remind me, trumpkin, how long WAS that war that has been ended by this "peace"?
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
Big C
Anarchistbear said:

Time's Person of the Year will be... Karen

George Floyd -- the accompanying article almost writes itself
golden sloth
Going by the idea of 'man of the year' going to the most influential (not necessarily positive) figure.

I nominate winnie the pooh of China for allowing the archaic wet markets in his country and then failing to contain the virus in its infancy, thus subjecting the world to the pandemic.
BearForce2
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
BearForce2
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
BearForce2
BearForce2

Cuomo lied and covered it up we need a federal investigation to find the truth
BearForce2

NY may have more idiots than California, their residents voted for Balsio, Cuomo, and Schumer.
BearForce2

Cuomo has always been a monster, it's not like he became one during the pandemic, its just that left were too obsessed with nonsense.

Blueblood
BearForce2 said:

Cuomo has always been a monster, it's not like he became one during the pandemic, its just that left were too obsessed with nonsense.

According to BearFarce2 Trump has always been a monster, it's not like he became one during his four years in office, its just that righties were too obsessed with his nonsense.
BearForce2
bearister
Hey, if being a serial sexual assaulter, career criminal and a traitor are not disqualifying, Cuomo still has a puncher's chance.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
BearForce2
NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo accused by third woman of unwanted sexual advances.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/third-woman-accuses-cuomo
bearister
BearForce2 said:

Donald Trump sexual misconduct allegations - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump_sexual_misconduct_allegations

Cuomo should make them impeach him. Don't be a p@ussy like Al Franken and resign.
BearForce2
BearForce2
bearister said:

BearForce2 said:

Cuomo should make them impeach him. Don't be a p@ussy like Al Franken and resign.

Well, he's not denying the allegations.
okaydo
Part 1 of 3 posts.

Andrew Cuomo has always been a piece of sh*t and the left-wing media has always extensively pointed out how he's a piece of sh*t.

https://bearinsider.com/forums/6/topics/100304

10 years ago this month, the very liberal Mother Jones calling out Cuomo:

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2011/03/governor-cuomo-new-yorks-poor-and-middle-class-drop-dead/

Mother Jones in 2013:

The liberal The Nation last year:

The Daily Beast, 2018:

Democrat & Chronicle, 2016:

Splinter, a left-leaning blog, that shut down in 2019:

okaydo
Part 2 of 3 posts:

My favorite "Andrew Cuomo is a piece of sh*t" story came shortly before the pandemic.

For those who don't know, New York's governor is in charge of the New York City subway system.

The subway has been notoriously terrible.

In 2018, a guy named Andy Byford was hired as the head of the New York subway.

Byford, it turns out, was very good at his job. Subway riders, who would usually not give a f*ck, loved him. His employees loved him. He was actually fixing the subway.

Byford even earned an affectionate nickname: "Train Daddy."

He was profiled on 60 Minutes.

By 2019, Cuomo grew jealous of all the attention "Train Daddy" was getting. So he started undermining him, marginalizing him and making Byford's job intolerable.

https://gothamist.com/news/andy-byford-unchained-train-daddy-reveals-how-cuomo-made-his-job-intolerable

In January 2020, Byford had had enough and resigned (for a second time after taking back his first resignation). Cuomo had succeeded in pushing him out.

He received a rousing ovation upon his exit.

Fans posted tribute videos.

And now he runs London's transit system.

okaydo
Part 3:

The reason there's a disconnect between the Andrew Cuomos is because there's a "Print Cuomo" and a "TV Cuomo."

Cuomo is adept at looking good in front of the cameras, much like Rudy Giuliani. He's a great personality. As I've mentioned before, when I listened to his 2 extensive interviews on Howard Stern last year, I was almost enamored by him. He's really charismatic and humble. TV loves him. He's the opposite of Donald Tump, who's an a-hold in front of the cameras (which a lot of people love).

Howard Stern, who is left-leaning, is a fan of centrist-seeming politicians: Pataki, Giuliani, Christie Todd Whitman, the Clintons, Bloomberg, Cuomo...And I suspect a lot of New Yorkers are, too.

The print media, which isn't as widely read, has a different perspective: He's a bully with corruption issues. He's an a-hole.

Cuomo reminds me of Rudy Giuliani...Giuliani was always terrible, but he was good at looking good in front of the cameras. And both were good at taking advantage of tragedies to look like great leaders.

Anyways, here's a really good piece explaining why TV has been unable, until now, to portray the sh*tty versiof Cuomo.

dajo9
I bet the Republican Attorney General in South Dakota is glad he isn't a Democrat or in New York after killing somebody in a hit and run

I bet the Texas Attorney General is glad he isn't a Democrat or in New York after facing securities fraud charges

Maybe someday national media will look beyond New York. Maybe someday right wing media will look beyond Democrats.
BearNIt
okaydo said:

Part 3:

The reason there's a disconnect between the Andrew Cuomos is because there's a "Print Cuomo" and a "TV Cuomo."

Cuomo is adept at looking good in front of the cameras, much like Rudy Giuliani. He's a great personality. As I've mentioned before, when I listened to his 2 extensive interviews on Howard Stern last year, I was almost enamored by him. He's really charismatic and humble. TV loves him. He's the opposite of Donald Tump, who's an a-hold in front of the cameras (which a lot of people love).

Howard Stern, who is left-leaning, is a fan of centrist-seeming politicians: Pataki, Giuliani, Christie Todd Whitman, the Clintons, Bloomberg, Cuomo...And I suspect a lot of New Yorkers are, too.

The print media, which isn't as widely read, has a different perspective: He's a bully with corruption issues. He's an a-hole.

Cuomo reminds me of Rudy Giuliani...Giuliani was always terrible, but he was good at looking good in front of the cameras. And both were good at taking advantage of tragedies to look like great leaders.

Anyways, here's a really good piece explaining why TV has been unable, until now, to portray the sh*tty versiof Cuomo.

Cuomo should resign as his accusers are stacking up. To avoid the label of hypocrite the democratic party should wash their hands of this idiot.

https://www.politico.com/states/new-york/albany/story/2021/03/01/third-cuomo-accuser-steps-forward-deepening-governors-scandal-1366273
concordtom
bearister said:

BearForce2 said:

What did Franken do, anyways?
That picture of him putting his hands on a woman's boobs as she slept, as a joke? That's it?
concordtom
BearForce2 said:

Oooo, yeah, so terrible for CNN.

Give me a break. He ASKED if he could kiss. I consider it progress, because male culture of the past (like Trump stories unlimited) has the man just lunging at the woman with tongue suddenly down her throat, or roaming hands up her top.

CNN has nothing to do with this, don't try and create a scandal for them. What a farce.

Oh, yeah, that's your name.
okaydo
dajo9 said:

I bet the Republican Attorney General in South Dakota is glad he isn't a Democrat or in New York after killing somebody in a hit and run

I bet the Texas Attorney General is glad he isn't a Democrat or in New York after facing securities fraud charges

Maybe someday national media will look beyond New York. Maybe someday right wing media will look beyond Democrats.

Of course, it sucks. But a being a leader of a state with the word "Dakota" in it being terrible isn't really newsworthy.

And unless it's Ted Cruz, who has made himself a national figure in part by running for president, the national media doesn't really care about Texas leaders. I bet an overwhelming majority of the country doesn't even know that Texas has a governor who's wheelchair-bound.

Cuomo gets undue attention because, yes, it's New York. But also he sort of oversees the media in a way. The state hands out tax breaks for filming. The state of New York bans TV shows from having audiences. But it allowed SNL to have an audience through a loophole where the show temporarily "employs" each audience member and gives each of them like $900.

okaydo
Oh, here's conservative publication Slate.

bearister
concordtom said:

bearister said:

BearForce2 said:

That picture of him putting his hands on a woman's boobs as she slept, as a joke? That's it?

" On November 16, 2017, talk-radio host Leeann Tweeden alleged in a blog post and an interview with her radio station, 790 KABC, that Franken forcibly kissed her on a 2006 USO tour during a rehearsal for a skit. She wrote, "I said 'OK' so he would stop badgering me. We did the line leading up to the kiss and then he came at me, put his hand on the back of my head, mashed his lips against mine and aggressively stuck his tongue in my mouth."[117] She said she pushed him away, feeling "disgusted and violated".[117] Longtime Donald Trump associate Roger Stone circulated news of the allegations to right-wing media.[118]

During the 2006 tour, Franken was photographed holding his hands above Tweeden's breasts while she was asleep wearing body armor and a helmet.[119] In Franken's defense, CNBC's John Harwood said, "That pic was obviously a joke, not groping, just like LeeAnn Tweeden wrapping her leg around Robin Williams and smacking his butt; entertainment for soldiers deployed overseas is raunchy like that."[120][121] Harwood was referring to video taken of Tweeden "humping" the married Williams on a similar 2004 USO tour.[122]

In response, Franken said, "I certainly don't remember the rehearsal for the skit in the same way, but I send my sincerest apologies to Leeann ... As to the photo, it was clearly intended to be funny but wasn't. I shouldn't have done it."[123] A few hours later, Franken issued a longer apology,[124] which Tweeden accepted.[125]

In the days that followed, seven additional women came forward with allegations of inappropriate behavior during photo ops. Lindsay Menz accused Franken of touching her clothed buttocks while they posed for a photo at the Minnesota State Fair in 2010.[126][127] Two anonymous women made similar complaints related to events during political events.[128] Franken apologized, saying, "I've met tens of thousands of people and taken thousands of photographs, often in crowded and chaotic situations. I'm a warm person; I hug people. I've learned from recent stories that in some of those encounters, I crossed a line for some womenand I know that any number is too many."[129] Another anonymous woman said that after she was a guest on Franken's radio show in 2006, Franken leaned in toward her face during a handshake and gave her "a wet, open-mouthed kiss" on the cheek when she turned away.[130][131] The same day, Stephanie Kemplin, an army veteran, told CNN that Franken held the side of her breast for 5 to 10 seconds "and never moved his hand" while posing for a photograph[132] with her during a 2003 USO tour in Iraq.[133]" Wikipedia

LMK5
concordtom said:

bearister said:

BearForce2 said:

Yeah, what's the big deal? He didn't even squeeze LOL.
The truth lies somewhere between CNN and Fox.
sycasey
The lefty folks I knew in New York definitely did not have a high opinion of Cuomo prior to the pandemic.
LMK5
sycasey said:

The lefty folks I knew in New York definitely did not have a high opinion of Cuomo prior to the pandemic.
But the press surely did. Now that Trump and Co. has departed the scene, they've lost that treasure trove of meat into which they can sink their teeth. The solution? Eat your own.
The truth lies somewhere between CNN and Fox.
sycasey
LMK5 said:

sycasey said:

But the press surely did.
You should probably read okaydo's posts above.
BearForce2
LMK5 said:

sycasey said:

But the press surely did. Now that Trump and Co. has departed the scene, they've lost that treasure trove of meat into which they can sink their teeth. The solution? Eat your own.

They had MJT and Cruz as appetizers to hold them off a bit but it didn't satisfy their hunger the way Trump did.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.