Page 260 of 434 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270310360 ... LastLast
Results 3,886 to 3,900 of 6501

Thread: cal's monster class deux

Quote Originally Posted by stu View Post
    Most likely very different. Mine wouldn't abide a TV in the house. Or golf clubs.
    i also grew up in tv less house, we talked as a family & read books

tvs are for losers#

Quote Originally Posted by UCBerkGrad View Post
    While I understand where you are coming from here, I'm not sure it is accurate.

It seems college football and basketball are primarily built on the TV revenue model vs the in-game fan experience. I would be curious to see a comparison of revenue sources between ticket sales (and game day concessions, merch, etc) vs TV revenue.

Which one generates more scrilla?
    No he surely is right. I just think he is a joke to pester people that live 500 miles away.

Cal probably "makes" pennies (if that) per eyeball on the TV screen. And probably less than that for BB (which essentially is a throw away add on to the Pac-12 contract). ESPN is slightly different - because of carriage rates and the (dinosaur) cable model. COntrast that to probably a gross margin of 30-40% on a tix sale....and of course the energy in the building.

But until Cal pulls its game from TV and stops encouraging us to watch the boob tobe I am going with the AD as to who is a "fan"

Quote Originally Posted by Shocky1 View Post
    stu, if you told me you were a brother by a different mother i would believe you

cal basketball is kinda like sex, it's more fun in person
    Of course, keep in mind this depends on the quality of the sex. With the wrong person, sex is more miserable in person. I only missed one regular season home game this year due to an unavoidable conflict. I purposely missed the NIT game, however, and boy, am I glad I did. I was worried it would be like bad sex, and based on a) reports from those I know who attended in person, and b) watching it myself on TV, as bad as it was on TV, it was even more miserable in person.

Around a week ago, you threatened to stop attending games in person, suggesting you had better things to do in life if Cuonzo left. Things quickly changed for you, but be careful of knocking others for doing what you so recently threatened to do yourself.

i would also point out the obvious that there's a correlation between fake model tv fans & guys who ride in golf carts & obesity

you don't get a flat stomach by sitting on your azz is front of the tv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jtf5isao73E

tvs are for losers#

Quote Originally Posted by Cal8285 View Post
    Of course, keep in mind this depends on the quality of the sex. With the wrong person, sex is more miserable in person. I only missed one regular season home game this year due to an unavoidable conflict. I purposely missed the NIT game, however, and boy, am I glad I did. I was worried it would be like bad sex, and based on a) reports from those I know who attended in person, and b) watching it myself on TV, as bad as it was on TV, it was even more miserable in person.

Around a week ago, you threatened to stop attending games in person, suggesting you had better things to do in life if Cuonzo left. Things quickly changed for you, but be careful of knocking others for doing what you so recently threatened to do yourself.
    i like you 8285, you talk a lot of **** that makes sense to me (plus you go to all the home games)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-sJp1FfG7Q

bad & boujee#

philadelphia 76ers

philadelphia 76ers prez & general manager bryan colangelo (started his career with the phoenix suns) scouted ivan rabb at a recent game & couldn't believe that the bears didn't schematically have any cutters attacking the basket when young ivee was double & sometimes triple teamed..."that's a poorly coached team" re: the stationary standing bears while rabb was swarmed

the story behind the numbers#

philadelphia 76ers prez & general manager bryan colangelo (started his career with the phoenix suns) scouted ivan rabb at a recent game & couldn't believe that the bears didn't schematically have any cutters attacking the basket when young ivee was double & sometimes triple teamed..."that's a poorly coached team" re: the stationary standing bears while rabb was swarmed

the story behind the numbers#
    Didn't take an NBA honcho to see that.

That poor coaching was good fo $21M, guaranteed!

Hire a local high school coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobodeluxe View Post
    Didn't take an NBA honcho to see that.

That poor coaching was good fo $21M, guaranteed!

Hire a local high school coach.
    martin is a great recruiter, he got paid

Clearly, he didn't watch too many Cal games. This was a coaching problem -- but at the recruiting level. Outside of Jabari Bird, no one was capable of finishing at the rim.

Coleman did towards the end of the year, but that was almost exclusively off his own dribble. Sam is actually great at the rim, but he became so tentative offensively that he rarely did it unless the shot clock was winding down.

For all the high school accolades on the team -- McDonald's All-Americans, Mr. Illinois -- we didn't really have too many long, lean, athletic types that are dominating college basketball. They're good students and nice people though, which counts for a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by ThesePretzels View Post
    Clearly, he didn't watch too many Cal games. This was a coaching problem -- but at the recruiting level. Outside of Jabari Bird, no one was capable of finishing at the rim.

Coleman did towards the end of the year, but that was almost exclusively off his own dribble. Sam is actually great at the rim, but he became so tentative offensively that he rarely did it unless the shot clock was winding down.

For all the high school accolades on the team -- McDonald's All-Americans, Mr. Illinois -- we didn't really have too many long, lean, athletic types that are dominating college basketball. They're good students and nice people though, which counts for a lot.
    We had some "long and lean", but not so much athletic. This is compared to many players on other teams. Compared to 99+% of the public, the guys are all freaks. That's why you should go to NIT games, or early no-name games. Move down to the front rows and be amazed.

NCAA second round

The baylor bears were too big, deep and talented for the young golden bears.
    Cal kept it close for the first quarter, but you gotta give it up to baylor who played efficient team ball.

the bears will lick their wounds tonight, but they should keep their heads up high as few teams in America can hang with #1 baylor this year, especially playing on their home court

I dont need easy, I need possible. Jorge Gutierrez

joe pastenack

olivier sarr

got some good news, olivier

a senior cal athletic department executive confirmed for me today that berkeley is gonna receive $1,200,000 from martin (cash supplied by missouri) as part of the buyout terms of the in force contract

since your gonna be hopefully a future haas biz school grad like me & my monster buddy hoop dreams, i'm routing your dedicated basketball practice facility conceptual plan in the foto below to mike williams, ashwin puri & jeremy wang so they can get some shovels in the ground

your brilliant, olivier, save construction costs (less labor & materials) with no roof...btw there a ****load of palm trees in california, not so much in the nasty humid racist south in the summer which turns into the freezing azz cold racist south in the winter

what's your dream, olivier, who's behind the mask?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X_HL19wzKY

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including the garonne river)

first 4 interviews

1st 4 interviews completed:

travis decuire: td is my #2 ranked candidate, he is a tireless non drama high character recruiter that has been mentored by mike montgomery...decuire understand cal academics/admissions & was in charge of player degree progress while he was in berkeley...he could potentially flip his relative 2017 top 50 former cal silent commit back in the day seattle native jaylen nowell who is currently a washington commit

russ turner: another hard working drama free mike montgomery protege, turner worked for the master at both stanford & the golden state warriors...turner is an excellent gameday coach & uc irvine academics are kinda comparable to cal...turner is my #3 ranked candidate

jim les: current uc davis head coach led his unselfish & disciplined aggies to the ncca tournament this season with a 23-15 record, another candidate that gets berkeley academics...53 years old is too old for the cal job, sorry jim

eric musselman: the best gameday coach/strategist among all the candidates having been a nba head coach for the golden state warriors & sacramento kings with no hobbies outside of basketball...but every nba source i've talked to views musselman as a very difficult personality (kinda like the immature dykes), someone that could implode at any time which explains why he's never lasted more than a couple of years anywhere his entire career...he's never recruited high gpa student athletes & would likely get very frustrated very quickly with cal admissions...a very dangerous candidate who could set the cal basketball program back a decade if the simmering volcano erupts...high risk/high reward candidate

drake high school grad steve lavin is interested & he got good hair but he's not gonna be interviewed

sorry steve