Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Justice Sueing to Cal

Quote Originally Posted by BearBackerinLA View Post
    Great game. Spencer Freedman of MD is very good as well. Bol Bol very very good indeed. Go Monarchs!

Watched the whole game. Sueing is a really good ball handler for someone about 6'6''. He broke the press some. Drives great to the left and can hang in the air and finish. Very left-handed. Physically mature to enough to play right away. Shot is not there yet. Can be a 2 or 3 but not a 4. Most similar ex-Bear: Michael Gill.

I think he will be good in two years. So in 2019 with Moore, Knell, Baker, Harris-Dyson, and Sueing, if Cal can recruit a couple bigs, and if everyone is still around, they should be very good.

Chino Hills has one of the best starting 5s I have ever seen. If they played traditional team basketball they would have won by 20. But allowing the Balls to go 1-on-1 on most possessions is very inefficient and led to their loss. Will be great finals with Bishop Montgomery led by Ethan Thompson, Stevie Thompson's other son who is much better than his brother Jr.

Sluggo

Ha, without question, a blocking foul.

Spencer Freedman has Cal connection ...
    http://bearinsider.com/forums/showth...#post842708026
    Good to know. Saw him last year at Nike Extravaganza. My wife volunteers at that tournament. Was impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by SRBear View Post
    Ha, without question, a blocking foul.
    NO way!
    That was a charge!

But the refs made up for it with the phantom foul on Sueing at the other end.
    However, they probably could have called a goal tending on Bol on that play, too. Looked like they made a couple mistakes (typical of basketball).

Quote Originally Posted by Goobear View Post
    Great game. Spencer Freedman of MD is very good as well. Bol Bol very very good indeed. Go Monarchs!
    Yes, the PG #12. I thought so, too. He's a 6'1" JR. Composed. Not as athletic, but can definitely play. Had a couple bomb shots early. And did a really nice job of maintaining tempo and control of the ball, and drove to the hoop well for his size. Nice game.

The other guy that caught my eye (other than Bol Bol, obviously!) was #51. MaxPreps says he's a 6'6" JR Harrison Butler.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools...ball/stats.htm

MD's 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 7th leading scorers are all JR's. Wow, they are going to be good again next year!!!

Spencer Freedman has Cal connection ...
    http://bearinsider.com/forums/showth...#post842708026
    Maybe Spencer will be best friends with Bol Bol and they will both want to come here!

Quote Originally Posted by Shocky1
    spencer is not a dumb azz, he got a 4.3 gpa & is an ideal cal fit as a true student athlete...he has stated that "academics are really important to me and my family...academics, basketball, coaching and style of play will all be factors"

freedman's dad is a cal grad, hopefully the family will make an unofficial visit to berkeley this summer & also travel north to the bay area on gamedays this season

i dunno maybe spencer's dad remembers another kidd at haas pavilion from back in the day who facilitated & distributed while making everybody on the floor with him a better player, championship basketball starts with a leader at the 1.

Quote Originally Posted by concordtom View Post
    NO way!
    That was a charge!
    Are you always dead wrong or only when you post here?

Quote Originally Posted by concordtom View Post
    Yes, the PG #12. I thought so, too. He's a 6'1" JR. Composed. Not as athletic, but can definitely play. Had a couple bomb shots early. And did a really nice job of maintaining tempo and control of the ball, and drove to the hoop well for his size. Nice game.
    and really good defense on the skinny Ball brother and others

True Blue Golden Bear NYCGOBEARS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldBlue1999 View Post
    That's beyond awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by OldBlue1999 View Post
    You should save your personal insults for when it counts - Trump protests!

Quote Originally Posted by mikecohen View Post
    and really good defense on the skinny Ball brother and others
    Meanwhile, I just looked at the Freeman highlight vid on Monster blog, and noticed a layup by Freeman where Ball#3 just let him go around him to the rack with no defensive pressure at all.

DeSean Jackson (from Long Beach Poly) was at the Mater Dei - Chino Hills game ...
    https://twitter.com/JonathanKhamis/s...50663303290880

Seeing drives to hole well and handles the ball well. Not clear how good an outside shooter he is or will be. Will need to broaden his offensive game at next level. Not a lot of defense being played in the game, other than by no. 1 in red. Bol definitely is a talent.