Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 68

Thread: So is Scott Pagano coming to Cal or what?

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by OneKeg View Post
    Man we could really use him to anchor a 3-4. I agree he would start at DT at Cal, probably alongside Looney who would be one of the DEs in a 3-4.
    Off the top of my head, Looney and he + Mekari + Saffle + Evan Weaver sounds pretty damn solid.

  2. #32
    Loyal Bear Nasal Mucus Goldenbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    R.I.P. Chris Stevens 9-11-2012 Never Forget
    Posts
    2,673
    Quote Originally Posted by mbBear View Post
    yep! He would have started at Cal as a true freshman..
    He would have started at Cal as a high school freshman..

  3. #33
    (not sure i saw this elsewhere on this thread) He is listed as 6-3, 295 on the Clemson roster

    fingers crossed

  4. #34
    The only Cal graduate program ever accepted graduate transfer athlete is MPH, so don't let your hope up and be disappointed when he goes to furd.

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by MoragaBear View Post
    He couldn't study sociology at Cal because Clemson has their own program. Grad transfers are only allowed if you want to be in a graduate program not available at your current school.
    What happens when your school has that degree program but you can't get in? Without an exception, I would think that would limit transfers away from Cal.

    And does it matter that some (many?) programs only admit students to the PhD not masters? They will award a Masters degree if you drop out but they will not let you in if that is your degree goal. Does that mean we do not have Masters programs in those fields?

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by BearChemist View Post
    The only Cal graduate program ever accepted graduate transfer athlete is MPH, so don't let your hope up and be disappointed when he goes to furd.
    Grant Mullins in Nuc Eng?

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Go!Bears View Post
    What happens when your school has that degree program but you can't get in? Without an exception, I would think that would limit transfers away from Cal.

    And does it matter that some (many?) programs only admit students to the PhD not masters? They will award a Masters degree if you drop out but they will not let you in if that is your degree goal. Does that mean we do not have Masters programs in those fields?
    Hence Wake Forest's MA in Sports Storytelling.

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by packawana View Post
    Grant Mullins in Nuc Eng?
    The news I found mentioned he's in School of Public Health. He was a psychology/business major at Columbia... nuclear engineering would have been a long shot.

  9. #39
    All grad transfers are enrolled in Cal's highly rated online MPH program.

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by BearChemist View Post
    The news I found mentioned he's in School of Public Health. He was a psychology/business major at Columbia... nuclear engineering would have been a long shot.
    Someone here said he was in NucE. Damn, that would've been a cool story.

    EDIT: Oh I got him mixed up with Canyon Berry.

    Anyway, we're on his cut down list:

    http://clemson.247sports.com/Bolt/Gr...list--51391722

    Clearly one of these is not like the others.
    Last edited by packawana; 02-20-2017 at 02:11 PM.

  11. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by packawana View Post
    Someone here said he was in NucE. Damn, that would've been a cool story.

    EDIT: Oh I got him mixed up with Canyon Berry.

    Anyway, we're on his cut down list:

    http://clemson.247sports.com/Bolt/Gr...list--51391722

    Clearly one of these is not like the others.
    I'd feel better if Oregon wasn't on that list.

  12. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by packawana View Post
    Someone here said he was in NucE. Damn, that would've been a cool story.

    EDIT: Oh I got him mixed up with Canyon Berry.

    Anyway, we're on his cut down list:

    http://clemson.247sports.com/Bolt/Gr...list--51391722

    Clearly one of these is not like the others.
    Wait, I thought he wanted to be on the West Coast????
    Some of those schools aren't much closer than Clemson!!

  13. #43
    True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere along the Ko`olau Summit Trail
    Posts
    29,284
    Quote Originally Posted by 89Bear View Post
    Wait, I thought he wanted to be on the West Coast????
    Some of those schools aren't much closer than Clemson!!
    Wow down 7. If he truly wants to be on the west coast, it will be us or Oregon, as we are the only two west coast options. Sounds promising!

    I hope his old coach at Moanalua HS who is a Cal alum, Coach AK Martinez (now at a different HS, Kaiser), can convince him of the merits of Cal and especially a Cal grad degree!

    Go Bears!

  14. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by 89Bear View Post
    Wait, I thought he wanted to be on the West Coast????
    Some of those schools aren't much closer than Clemson!!
    This is why you shouldn't believe umpteenth-hand information from a message board.

  15. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmastapoop View Post
    This is why you shouldn't believe umpteenth-hand information from a message board.
    SO, location isn't a factor or it isn't the only factor? I suspect we wouldn't even be in the running if we had the prior regime still running our defense.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •