Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324
Results 346 to 354 of 354

Thread: OT: this is really disturbing

  1. #346
    Quote Originally Posted by sycasey View Post
    Right, that's why the call for now is just for an investigation. We don't know for sure what happened, but there is enough circumstantial evidence to warrant looking for something more concrete.
    This is getting very interesting! Look at who Ivanka socializes with.

    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/0...nd-of-Ivanka-s

  2. #347
    Quote Originally Posted by jyamada View Post
    This is getting very interesting! Look at who Ivanka socializes with.

    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/0...nd-of-Ivanka-s
    Dmitry Rybolovlev! Rybolovlev bought Trump's Florida mansion for 100 Million in 2008 when the real estate market had tanked. Trump bought it for 41 million in 2004.

    "Rybolovlev is a share holder and Chairman of the Bank of Cyprus, the bank involved in laundering $10 billion through Deutsche Bank (a Trump lender) from Russian oligarchs, including relatives of Putin. The largest shareholder and Vice-Chairman of the Bank of Cyprus is Wilbur Ross, who just became Trump's Commerce Secretary."

    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/0...d-Lord-Dampnut

  3. #348
    I don't get it. The article is about this Russian owning the company supplying the pipe steel for the pipeline and strongly implies that Trump is doing his buddy a favor.

    However, the steel pipe was already contracted a long time ago. How does that implicate Trump?

  4. #349
    Quote Originally Posted by oski003 View Post
    I don't get it. The article is about this Russian owning the company supplying the pipe steel for the pipeline and strongly implies that Trump is doing his buddy a favor.

    However, the steel pipe was already contracted a long time ago. How does that implicate Trump?
    Trump had promised that all pipeline steel would be American steel. He has ok'd this project moving forward with the pre-existing arrangements (which are favorable to his Russian buddy) and backtracked on his promise to the American worker. Great dealmaker that he is, he certainly could have forced a change of steel provider before letting the project proceed, as he promised. He did not do that.

  5. #350
    I agree that he lied on his promise to use American steel. I disagree that he is showing faithfulness to a foreign power by not breaching the contract that he did not himself make in order to satisfy his American steel promise.

  6. #351

  7. #352
    Quote Originally Posted by jyamada View Post
    Now the NRA!

    http://occupydemocrats.com/2017/03/0...putins-deputy/

  8. #353
    Quote Originally Posted by 1979bear View Post
    All of this WILL be really disturbing if any evidence is found that the Russians colluded with Trump to tip the election. For now, the opinions and speculation thrown out here are not proof, just low grade entertainment.
    Read this interesting article:


    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/3...our-electorate

    Manafort said on NBC’s Meet the Press this past weekend that the change in language on Ukraine “absolutely did not come from the Trump campaign.”
    Eric Brakey, a Maine delegate who identifies as a non-interventionist, said he supported the change, which was pushed in part by the Trump campaign.
    “Some staff from the Trump campaign came in and… came back with some language that softened the platform,” Brakey told The Daily Beast. “They didn’t intervene in the platform in most cases. But in that case they had some wisdom to say that maybe we don’t want to be calling… for very, very clear aggressive acts of war against Russia.”
    “They substantively changed it,” added Washington, D.C., delegate Rachel Hoff, who was present during the meeting. “It absolutely was my understanding that it was Trump staff.”
    According to two Republican delegates, the Trump campaign’s efforts were led in part by J.D. Gordon, a Trump campaign official and a former spokesman at the Pentagon.


    So they did change the platform in a way that very specifically benefited Russia. And the person who personally implemented the change was J.D. Gordon, one of the three Trump associates, along with Trump himself, who had met personally with Kislyak at the convention.

    And who had decided to make this change? According to what we know now, Trump did. And all of them lied about it.

  9. #354
    Nice article on repealing Trumpcare and the lies being told by the right to ram it through.



    It’s an ethos not unlike the one that produced a Trump budget that hacks away at everything from mine safety to Big Bird to Meals on Wheels. What you’re seeing in Washington today is exactly what you think you see: a bunch of rich men; modern-day robber barons, giddily drawing up plans to pull off a giant reverse Robin Hood—transferring billions of dollars from the poorest Americans to the richest, just because they can. All that matters is that the wealthy make a profit; and to hell with everyone else.

    You want a dose of truth? Donald Trump—the supposed “populist” president; the all-gold everything, New York penthouse-dwelling, Mar-a-Lago every weekend on your dime golf-hopping, wannabe Russian oligarch—is one of them.


    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opini...are/ar-BByicug



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •