Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Softball Top 25 ranking has Cal (12-1) rated #23...(link)

Quote Originally Posted by 59bear View Post
    In the time I've followed Cal softball (past 30+ years) I'm amazed Ninemire has done as well as she has in recruiting given the abysmal facilities we have. The rise of the SEC ties directly to the investment they've been willing to make in facilities and coaches. In the PAC, only the AZ schools and, maybe, Oregon, have anything like the facilities that most SEC powers have. In addition to the impact of SEC schools on recruiting, UW and UO have also come on to compete for California talent. 30 years ago, we competed mainly with AZ and UCLA for the best in-state players; now we're middle of the pack in our conference and losing ground steadily to the SEC and Big 12. I hope we can patch together enough pitching to compete but they haven't exactly been lights out against the mediocre opposition they've faced to date.
    Hard to imagine a new stadium any time soon. At this point, I'd settle for a hot food snack bar and a fresh coat of paint in the restroom.

Our bats look like they are coming around, D is fairly solid, base running is much improved.

Your comment about pitching to a point is true. Only Zoe is logging enough innings to be ready for the good teams. The rest appear to be on an egg timer so "patching" is probably a good way to put it.

Good luck Ladies.
    🐻

True Blue Golden Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by diegobear78 View Post
    Hard to imagine a new stadium any time soon. At this point, I'd settle for a hot food snack bar and a fresh coat of paint in the restroom.

Our bats look like they are coming around, D is fairly solid, base running is much improved.

Your comment about pitching to a point is true. Only Zoe is logging enough innings to be ready for the good teams. The rest appear to be on an egg timer so "patching" is probably a good way to put it.

��
    True on all accounts. Zoe has pitched well against average competition so it will be interesting to see her go against Florida this week (hopefully). Saw Bradie pitched her 1 inning against UOP and she still working on adjusting to college ball. She started slow (throwing 6 balls initially) but had better control later in the inning. Doesn't look like she threw with much speed in her 1 inning of work. Think she has to get use to looking at her wrist on every pitch as the coaches are calling all of pitches from the dugout.

Missing so far this year Danika Bailey who I thought did well in fall ball. Didn't see her on the bench either though she is still listed on the roster.
    Last edited by OBear073akaSMFan; 03-02-2017 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OBear073akaSMFan View Post
    True on all accounts. Zoe has pitched well against average competition so it will be interesting to see her go against Florida this week (hopefully). Saw Bradie pitched her 1 inning against UOP and she still you working on adjusting to college ball. She started slow (throwing 6 balls initially) but had better control later in the inning. Doesn't look like she threw with much speed in her 1 inning of work. Think she has to get use to looking at her wrist on every pitch as the coaches are calling all of pitches from the dugout.

Missing so far this year Danika Bailey who I thought did well in fall ball. Didn't see her on the bench either though she is still listed on the roster.

Hey! glad you were there. I never saw Bradie pitch in Palm Springs but had similar thoughts watching her practice out in the field. I did notice a couple of things I'd be curious if you had noticed the same. I'll PM you in a bit.
    🐻