Thread: Wilcox responds to Taco Bell snub

Wilcox responds to Taco Bell snub

He's really starting to loosen up. I think this is the most comfortable I've seen him in an interview so far.

True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    Good to see Adam Duritz back in the mix.

I'm glad the interviewer is a bit more professional than Lindsay Brauner lol.

Quote Originally Posted by packawana View Post
    He's really starting to loosen up. I think this is the most comfortable I've seen him in an interview so far.
    He's probably finally gotten a few decent nights' sleep under his belt. Can you imagine? Changing jobs, moving and... Boom! Hire new staff, reach out to returning players and here comes LOI Day!

Since then, "all" he's had to do is coordinate new staff, continue reaching out to players (including starting to monitor their academics), plan Spring Practice and lay the groundwork for future recruiting (which has no upper limit to what can be done, when you consider that, if he hasn't visited XYZ High School by next year, he will be criticized on some fan message board).

When you throw in the pressure they're under to perform (and thus keep their jobs), you can start to see how they warrant the big bucks.

He inspires confidence.

Nice interview. Maybe it's a generational thing, it seems some here (maybe the younger crowd) place a high value on how the coaches show up in interviews and style stuff. Personally, I don't care about image or style. If the team's doing well under the coach, that's what matters. And if the team isn't doing well, media presentation doesn't make it better, just lipstick on a pig. But Wilcox comes off ok enough in the interviews.

Unnecessary comment on Brauner IMO ... and the comparison of the two is solely based on gender.

Quote Originally Posted by jtfromclash View Post
    unnecessary comment on brauner imo ... And the comparison of the two is solely based on gender.
    hahhahahahahhaa!

True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JTfromClash View Post
    Unnecessary comment on Brauner IMO ... and the comparison of the two is solely based on gender.
    Well it didn't look like an official Cal outlet and my first thought was, "is this another Lindsay lol?" Just being real. Heck if the interviewer was a dude I would have reset the Brauner watch too. Some of these blog/media types get really, uh, informal.

Quote Originally Posted by JTfromClash View Post
    Are you saying that the interviewer that is being compared to Brauner is a different gender? Fooled me.

Quote Originally Posted by GATC View Post
    Are you saying that the interviewer that is being compared to Brauner is a different gender? Fooled me.
    Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by KoreAmBear View Post
    Well it didn't look like an official Cal outlet and my first thought was, "is this another Lindsay lol?" Just being real. Heck if the interviewer was a dude I would have reset the Brauner watch too. Some of these blog/media types get really, uh, informal.
    Brauner worked for Cal TV...this new reporter works for Cal TV.

Duritz looks ridiculous nowadays, like he's wearing a disguise.

Brauner's style of reporting was obviously chummy, and struck me as pretty flip and borderline snarky. There's another reporter out there (male) who comes across much the same way. I understand it's supposed to appeal to a younger crowd, but it's also dumbing-down the reporting. Rothhouse is doing a great job of making athletes/coaches relatable without getting in the way of the information. She's pretty dang good, and she'll just get better.