Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CIF regional finals

I guess you fare right. i thought it was February. Time flies when your getting old.

Quote Originally Posted by wvitbear View Post
    You went to Hawaii.
    I think the game is on youtube somewhere.

I was replying to Schroeder. I am assuming he is driving to Sacramento to see the game,.

ricehntr5 is correct. I watched the game on the internet. Wvitbear-I turned age 68 yesterday. I watched Eastside College Prep dominate Rolling Hills this morning, 63-40. Zion Gabriel, a 5-4 soph SG, hit eight threes to break Klay Thompson's state championship record of 7...The junior PG Kayla Tahaafe drives to the basket and either scores or whips the ball out to an open three point shooter in either corner. ECP only defeated another team from its league, Woodside Priory, by eight to advance to state. Pinewood is also in their league as is Sacred Heart Prep, Menlo & Notre Dame-Belmont.

Btw-my niece's other daughter, Courtney Thompson, will be enrolling and playing for Pinewood and Doc Scheppler next season. She has the *potential* to be better than her older sister, Jordan, who led the CCS in scoring each of the last 2 seasons for the Harker Academy. I haven't heard which college Jordan will attend in the fall, yet. She applied to Cal with a 4.6 GPA. She's a better outside shooter and free throw shooter than anyone currently at Cal. I don't know how good the Aussie transfer is but I'll put money on my grand niece. GO BEARS!
    Last edited by Schroeder71; 03-24-2017 at 01:15 PM.

True Blue Golden Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Schroeder71 View Post
    Btw-my niece's other daughter, Courtney Thompson, will be enrolling and playing for Pinewood and Doc Scheppler next season. She has the *potential* to be better than her older sister, Jordan, who led the CCS in scoring each of the last 2 seasons for the Harker Academy. I haven't heard which college Jordan will attend in the fall, yet. She applied to Cal with a 4.6 GPA. She's a better outside shooter and free throw shooter than anyone currently at Cal. I don't know how good the Aussie transfer is but I'll put money on my grand niece. GO BEARS!
    I'm sure your grand niece is great but I can see you and Lavar Ball have lots in common...lacks humility!

OBear073-I don't know what is personally going on with you but you've been on my back for a while now. I used to consider you as a friend over all of the years that we have followed Cal sports together here. If you want it to be adversarial in our respective old ages-I can do that. I recently complimented your St Marys-Berkeley girl's bball team on their tremendous improvement over the course of this season. What gives with you anyway?

____________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________ ________
    Quote Originally Posted by OBear073akaSMFan View Post
    I'm sure your grand niece is great but I can see you and Lavar Ball have lots in common...lacks humility!

True Blue Golden Bear
    I think my statement above is true. Most people would roll their eyes when they read some of your comments. For your information didn't really want Gabby Green and reported about her shortcomings even when she was a freshmen in H.S. Thought she was over rated. Some of your remarks are just seem to pile on..when there isn't a need to.

Am I the only one going to Sweet 16 in Stockton Saturday while everyone is at the Golden 1 Center?

I turned age 68 yesterday.
    Happy birthday! I'm expecting to make it to 68 next month.

The truth shall set you free. You can't handle the truth or you simply don't care about mediocrity in Cal athletics. Where's the commitment to excellence that Berkeley claims to uphold? Maybe you have been following Cal Track & Field for too long...I'm not an alum and I'm not wearing blue and gold sun glasses. Don't you feel some accountability should be implemented in the declining major sports at Cal such as
    football, men's & women's basketball, baseball & softball, volleyball, mens and womens T&F,etc. Complementary sports are very successful like mens & womens swimming, mens and womens water polo, rugby,
    mens & womens soccer, mens & womens crew, mens & womens tennis, mens and womens golf plus mens & womens gymnastics...Excellence can be achieved at Cal but it takes accountability to measure results.
    GO BEARS!
    Last edited by Schroeder71; 03-24-2017 at 11:56 PM.

The truth shall set you free. You can't handle the truth or you simply don't care about mediocrity in Cal athletics.
    Who is you in this post?

True Blue Golden Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by stu View Post
    Who is you in this post?
    I don't think it is 'you' especially after you wished SR71 a happy 68th birthday. BTW wish you & SR71 HB too. I also have a BD next week and will be 66.

No offense but playing at Harker, against mediocre talent at best, doesn't necessarily translate to the college game. You're better off averaging half as much against twice as better competition.

But that's just keeping it real, without "green shaded glasses" (the colors of Harker and Pinewood)

We have one double digit scorer from this season, finished second to last in FT percentage in conference and finished 9th from 3... and averaged 50 points in the NCAA tournament. Your niece is welcome, S71! 4.6 GPA too...she should be proud!

If we can't shoot from 3, can't make FT's, and only have one scoring option, we will always settle for mediocrity. I wish I had a pair of those rose colored glasses some people have.

Cautiously optimistic Smith comes in and adds to our shortcomings. We shall see!