Thread: St. Marys vs Arizona

True Blue Golden Bear MinotStateBeav's Avatar

St. Marys vs Arizona

Cause why not?

I am watching Cal WBB agaist LSU. Cal up 18-9. That is why.

BTW, hire Bennet now. If we wait, he is going to be out of our reach.

Go Bears!

Quote Originally Posted by calbear80 View Post
    I am watching Cal WBB agaist LSU. Cal up 18-9. That is why.
    Also why are there 4 threads on SM vs AZ?

We should keep going until someone spells St. Mary's (or Saint Mary's if you prefer) right. Haha.

On an unrelated note, it's a true credit to modern technology that we are able to order pizza from our shoes but it's unfortunate that Pizza Hut is the only option.

True Blue Golden Bear MinotStateBeav's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stu View Post
    Also why are there 4 threads on SM vs AZ?
    3 Was an odd number.

Watching the first half, its amazing how SMC appears so well organized. Clear roles, and a real understanding of spacing on offense. Ball movement is deliberate and with purpose. My favorite SMC teams over the years have always featured a a big man that overcame lack of athleticism with extreme skill. I remember when Omar Samhan was destroying teams in the tournament. I honestly thought he was the best player in the tournament that year. Landale remind me of him this year, just so solid at establishing dominant position in the post. I would LOVE to see Bennett's staff have a whole off season to work with Rabb should he decide to stay. The one thing SMC is missing is a athletically dominant wing that can score at will in transition.

they have the #1 ranked Aussie recruit Angus Glover joining later this year. Can play guard or wing.

https://twitter.com/JeffFaraudo/stat...66834903916544

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue42 View Post
    Watching the first half, its amazing how SMC appears so well organized. Clear roles, and a real understanding of spacing on offense. Ball movement is deliberate and with purpose. My favorite SMC teams over the years have always featured a a big man that overcame lack of athleticism with extreme skill. I remember when Omar Samhan was destroying teams in the tournament. I honestly thought he was the best player in the tournament that year. Landale remind me of him this year, just so solid at establishing dominant position in the post. I would LOVE to see Bennett's staff have a whole off season to work with Rabb should he decide to stay. The one thing SMC is missing is a athletically dominant wing that can score at will in transition.

I think we learned that Bennett can coach guys to run a nice spaced offense with shooters. Definately good enough to hang with Zona - though fine line since Zona is simply more athletic (ergo shooting 60% in the second half).

You would have to figure that if Bennett is number one choice (and feeling is mutual maybe news on Tuesday/Wednesday?). Question - will Miller even allow Josh to INTERVIEW until Cats go home? That would put us pretty late into March/early April.

Quote Originally Posted by socaltownie View Post
    I think we learned that Bennett can coach guys to run a nice spaced offense with shooters. Definately good enough to hang with Zona - though fine line since Zona is simply more athletic (ergo shooting 60% in the second half).

You would have to figure that if Bennett is number one choice (and feeling is mutual maybe news on Tuesday/Wednesday?). Question - will Miller even allow Josh to INTERVIEW until Cats go home? That would put us pretty late into March/early April.
    I thought his name was Joe Pasternack, the guy you call Josh is Pasternack, right?

Quote Originally Posted by CalEnviroLaw View Post
    I thought his name was Joe Pasternack, the guy you call Josh is Pasternack, right?
    I like Josh better but yeah - I think Joe. My bad. The kicker is easier to remember and spell ;-)