Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Its lavin or gates, take your pick

Its lavin or gates, take your pick

These are the only people who can get cal back to at least respectible...Bennett is Braun 2 sorry all you folks that are in his camp you'll be very upset in then end. it's Gates or Lavin that's our only chance for greatness, you heard it hear first...

Go Bears!

Bennett would coach circles around Braun, but he is unlikely to be able to recruit to Cal. Lavin would be a horrible hire. There's no chance of greatness there. I like the Gates idea but you're wrong about the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by k9dog1 View Post
    These are the only people who can get cal back to at least respectible...Bennett is Braun 2 sorry all you folks that are in his camp you'll be very upset in then end. it's Gates or Lavin that's our only chance for greatness, you heard it hear first...

Go Bears!

Lavin would be a very disappointing hire.

Real Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by 75bear View Post
    Lavin would be a very disappointing hire.
    Lavin, it is... it is the Cal way.

Go Bears!
    So in other words we can choose AstroGlide or KY Jelly to go with our bendover?

I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Uthaithani View Post
    So in other words we can choose AstroGlide or KY Jelly to go with our bendover?

Just like he got St. Johns to the final 4...

Eric Musselman = a coach with both tactical and recruiting skills

Loyal Bear
    I like Gates, but implying he would be one of only two people available who could bring greatness to Cal is fantasy.

Lavin would likely not be hired by Cal, because of this comment he made recently:

http://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/ona...dunk-15666552/

Quote Originally Posted by SFCityBear View Post
    I like Gates, but implying he would be one of only two people available who could bring greatness to Cal is fantasy.

Lavin would likely not be hired by Cal, because of this comment he made recently:

Wow just wow, LMAO! is everthing racist these days or what, have we become so "PC" that common language is now somehow racist or worst...oh well gone are the days when yo mama could beat you with a "switch" LOL!

Oh and BTW I didn't mean to imply that there were only two options I was only imparting my own choices for my own selfish reasons...

Go Bears!

Loyal Bear
    Wow just wow, LMAO! is everthing racist these days or what, have we become so "PC" that common language is now somehow racist or worst...oh well gone are the days when yo mama could beat you with a "switch" LOL!
    Iím sorry you took offense. There was no intent.

Racism has become an agenda in this country for many, and an industry for others.

Racism is often in the ear of the listener, as beauty is in the eye of the beholder. One school might overlook the statement by Lavin, but another school might put it under a magnifying glass. I believe Cal became PC long before it was popular, which if true, Iím guessing Lavin might not be acceptable to Cal. He has experienced both success and failure as a coach. I donít have a feeling about Lavin one way or the other.

None of these are at the top of my list

Without taking a position on whether what Lavin said was racist/racially-insensitive, the article trying to play it off as though he said "'guerilla" is absolute bullsh-t. There's nothing "'guerilla" about that dunk.

Loyal Bear
    Oh and BTW I didn't mean to imply that there were only two options I was only imparting my own choices for my own selfish reasons...

Go Bears!
    Many of us have our favorites for this job. I don’t have one yet. I know a little of Lavin, and I liked Gates as a player. Since I know little about either man, and I’d like to be educated. What qualities do you see in Lavin and in Gates that would lead you to believe either one could lead Cal to basketball greatness? I’ll appreciate your answer.