Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wj's roster shake-up plus or minus.

Quote Originally Posted by tequila4kapp View Post
    Are plodding, reasonably unathletic 7 footers really that important given we're changing our style of play to be more pressing and transition?

Actually, Chase Jeter is not a plodding, reasonably unathletic 7 footer....he is a pretty athletic 6-11 player....not, as 6956 said, a 5 star recruit but a very serviceable big man...can rebound and defend decently as well as run the floor....he went too high when he signed with Duke and now he has a chance to rectify that mistake...I think he would fit fairly well under the stated basketball plans of Wyking, even though I was not that high on him when he was in high school...

Let's see how the new coach impacts the roster this off season:

Is Rooks gone? Not sure yet.

Minus: Baker decommits. Assuming posters on here and some late scouting reports were right,
    Baker isn't as good as advertised. Deaschon Winston first WJ recruit. I'm gonna be optimistic and call this an even trade. Need to see how other recruiting sites rate him.

I'm sure Moore was gone no matter what happened, not going to count him against the roster shake-up.

Oh and right now I'm guessing 8 ooc wins and 5 conference wins. Seems like early returns are looking like a somewhat tougher OOC schedule. I'm of the persuasion that Cal should schedule 10 cupcakes in 2017-18. Why not play Santa Clara and SJS instead of St. Marys?

I'll call Sarr a minus too, as it looks like he was a CM silent committ. If I'm wrong let me know.

Total score as of today: WJ's roster shake-up is slightly sucking. Surely not as bad as when CM took over and Cal lost 3 decent recruits.
    Last edited by ccajon; 04-27-2017 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ccajon View Post

Is Rooks gone? Not sure yet.

Minus: Baker decommits. Assuming posters on here and some late scouting reports were right,
    Baker isn't as good as advertised. Deaschon Winston first WJ recruit. I'm gonna be optimistic and call this an even trade. Need to see how other recruiting sites rate him.

I'm sure Moore was gone no matter what happened, not going to count him against the roster shake-up.

Oh and right now I'm guessing 7 ooc wins and 5 conference wins. Seems like early returns are looking like a b--l buster OOC schedule. I'm of the persuasion that Cal should schedule 10 cupcakes in 2017-18.

I'll call Sarr a minus too, as it looks like he was a CM silent committ. If I'm wrong let me know.

Total score as of today: WJ's roster shake-up is slightly sucking. Surely not as bad as when CM took over and Cal lost 3 decent recruits.
    In the ESPN ratings Baker is an 85 and Winston is a 70. I think those ratings are fair. In no way is it a wash. It is great that Winston is coming because Cal had literally no one else, but let's be serious.

I am not sure why Moore was gone no matter what. Perhaps if Baker had stayed and the team was not going to be the bottom of the conference he would have stayed.

So far things are not going well. But it is very early.

Sluggo

Real Bear
    East of Tomales Bay; west of Eagle Lake; south of Sauvie Island; north of Pismo Beach
    Things are looking up.
    Go Coach Jones.

Real Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by joe yaks View Post
    Things are looking up.
    Go Coach Jones.
    I am feeling hopeful.

Last I saw Rooks is staying.

Quote Originally Posted by ccajon View Post

Adds: assuming Rooks gone had cm stayed. Plus 25 solid min in the paint.

Minus: Baker decommits. Lose 20 min backup pg? Is this coaches big vote of confidence in Dyson?

Total: wash for now.

Real Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesaxe View Post
    Last I saw Rooks is staying.
    Last I heard, Rooks is still undecided.

Quote Originally Posted by parentswerebears View Post
    Either way, he's really taaaaaalllllll.....

Rooks is gone.

There's an awful lot of "glass half empty" on this Board

Real Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by mikecohen View Post
    There's an awful lot of "glass half empty" on this Board
    I see a lot of potential. Let's see what other pieces Jones brings in.

Real Bear
    It is really going to depend on how the freshmen settle in and how much progress Coleman and King have made in addition to who they bring in. Four open spots. Jeter (hopefully), mystery grad transfer and... maybe another transfer? Maybe hold two for 2018? I don't' know if I'd take another freshman. A four man class is plenty big.

I don't' know if I'd take another freshman. A four man class is plenty big.
    I agree, but in this case I'd make an exception for a promising big.

Was the "plodding" comment about Jeter or Rooks?

Last I heard he was gone. Well, that was quick.