Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Data on football renewals and donations

Quote Originally Posted by rkt88edmo View Post
    I think the answer is just drastic cuts to seat prices.
    Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by rkt88edmo View Post
    I think the answer is just drastic cuts to seat prices.
    what if the same number of people show up.... and you get far fewer dollars?

you can get tickets for $25 for most games. some times $10. people don't come out that much stronger.
    Last edited by ColoradoBear1; 04-11-2017 at 11:24 AM.

i think we should try "winning" before cutting ticket prices drastically.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoBear1 View Post
    what if the same number of people show up.... and you get far fewer dollars?

you can get tickets for $25 for most games. some times $10. people don't come out that much stronger.
    We've already established that ticket $ale$ are not a significant revenue contributor and it seems to be an accepted fact that ticket sales are way down.

If that is the going price for tickets, then why not adjust season tickets towards that price so that they sell more or can retain more legacy season buyers?

Even if it doesn't actually put more butts in seats I would think that the AD would rather have more committed fans continue to renew their seats than to continue the attrition as people find less and less value in season tickets due to the schedule complications? Which causes the ATO to have to run more stupid last minute promotions and fire sales.

Quote Originally Posted by philbert View Post
    i think we should try "winning" before cutting ticket prices drastically.
    I agree, but that will take some time, I don't expect another Tedford-esque miracle. The graph that NEB posted http://bearinsider.com/forums/showth...#post842830444 seems to indicate a strong lag indicator between wins and ticket purchases. So even if we have a very good 2018 season (again my expectation for 2017 are low) we won't see an increase in ticket purchases until the 2019 season.

I am not saying cheap tickets are a cure all or should be permanent, but the sentiment I've read on here is that there is definitely a strong pricing component in the decision making going on and if you can retain those season ticket holders for the next 2-3 years by reducing prices, I would think that would be a long term benefit to the FB team, attendance, and the university in general.
    Last edited by rkt88edmo; 04-11-2017 at 12:24 PM.

The ptoblem for some is not the price of the tickets but the required donation to buy the tickets. I think we have the highest required donation of any pac 12 schools if you want to sit between the 10 and 25 yard lones. Section F,0n about the 20,requires$400 per seat. This used to be less but was actually raised a few years ago.

The selling of one game every year we have 7 scheduled games, deminished the return for even this customer.

Quote Originally Posted by oskidunker View Post
    The ptoblem for some is not the price of the tickets but the required donation to buy the tickets. I think we have the highest required donation of any pac 12 schools if you want to sit between the 10 and 25 yard lones. Section F,0n about the 20,requires$400 per seat. This used to be less but was actually raised a few years ago.

The selling of one game every year we have 7 scheduled games, deminished the return for even this customer.
    From my understanding, the non ESP-donor benchback seats are pretty well subscribed at the $200-$400/seat donation levels. I don't see those donation levels being lowered any time soon. If Cal wins, I would imagine they go up a decent amount.

Most seats (~45k) in the stadium are of the regular uncomfortable variety. Bench-backs are around 6k of the total. The sections (FF and H) with the $1.4k/seat donation level are the one that are pretty empty. I'd imagine many that sit there already have annual donations to specific sports programs (or chairback seats for Basketbal which also have similarly sized minimums) and just sit there because they can, not because there is any sort of value in those sections over the way cheaper tier (F and HH).

basically they may be the highest prices between the 10 and 25, but the benchbacks are truly better than east side seats in T and TT, and the prices aren't out of line with what other pac 12 schools charge for best 'non-club' seats. Just for comparison, UW charges a $450-550 donation for the first 20 rows in their upper deck. That's not even close to their best 'non-club' seats.
    Last edited by ColoradoBear1; 04-11-2017 at 02:35 PM.

They should have put in more bench backs. People would be happier. Might have made more sense to do the whole stadium ir at least the North End Zone. More comfortable prople are more likely to renew.

Rather than continue with unsold esp seats, why not install more bench backs and upgrade the people in the field club. If thr bench backs are sold out, they might build
    More

I don't think cutting prices would do a damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by socaliganbear View Post
    I don't think cutting prices would do a damn thing.
    i gotta agree. it's really not particularly exhorbitant. it's more an issue of providing a good product and I can see how the game times are an issue for people
    3-9 and a 95% graduation rate trump a Rose Bowl

If cutting prices won't do anything, double them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobodeluxe View Post
    If cutting prices won't do anything, double them.
    lol
    3-9 and a 95% graduation rate trump a Rose Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by BearBackerinLA View Post
    Do folks know that the school does not have control of the game times?

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/2016...all-game-times
    It does not matter.

I had discussions with long-term season ticketholders for Oregon and Washington this week, and their fan bases have been grumbling a lot about the late starts as well. UO and OSU fans from Portland will all overrun I-5, and late starts can easily result in not getting home until 2 AM. Oregon ended their home sellout streak this season (the on-field product was certainly a factor as well). Of course, Cal had more night games than either of these schools last year, but it is an issue across the conference.

Quote Originally Posted by richejc View Post
    I had discussions with long-term season ticketholders for Oregon and Washington this week, and their fan bases have been grumbling a lot about the late starts as well. UO and OSU fans from Portland will all overrun I-5, and late starts can easily result in not getting home until 2 AM. Oregon ended their home sellout streak this season (the on-field product was certainly a factor as well). Of course, Cal had more night games than either of these schools last year, but it is an issue across the conference.
    Did they blame mike williams?

Quote Originally Posted by richejc View Post
    We played 3 times as many home night games as Oregon in 2016. They'd go all antifa if they had to deal with our schedule.